Photo

Screenshot of the Week 394

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 394 (45 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Hergiswi
IPB Image
Abraham, having just been released from prison, already finds himself in battle.

Shoelace
IPB Image
They don't see me under this PURPLE TREE!!!!

Keiichi123
IPB Image
Link ventures through a wet cavern. Things are looking a bit to close for comfort!

Russ
IPB Image
I've got to find a way over there so I can hit the switch and turn off the floor tiles... and I've got to hope the sentry doesn't see me...

Ventus
IPB Image
I am amazing.

SpacemanDan
IPB Image
It's a mini-boss thingamabob. I 'unno, last SotW of the year. Figure I'll throw something in, lol

Orin XD
IPB Image
"Lanaryu Desert. (I going to add in a script that puts the rupee counter on the screen like in other Zelda games). The sandstorms in this quest gradually cause damage to you unless you have a certain item."

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

It was between Shoelace, Keiichi, Russ and SpacemanDan. I ended up voting for Shoelace, very unique. I like Hergiswi's but it could use a few trees in the bottom corners just to make it feel less empty. I don't like Ventus's or Orin XD's to be honest, Ventus has a nice design, but at the end of the day, it looks ordinary, nice for a quest, not amazing for SotW. I don't know what is going on with Orin's as the sand storm, palette and real transparent shadow makes it feel all smudgy. Edit: I just noticed that there was a cave entrance below that furry character.

Edited by Shane, 02 January 2013 - 03:17 AM.

#3 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Omfg, Shoelace that purple tree completely ruins the shot, I will never EVER play this quest! 0/10!!! icon_thumbsdown.gif icon_evil.gif

All joking aside, I voted Shoelace, for being the best structured, most interesting screen here. icon_thumbsup.gif

#4 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

I nulled, as is tradition. If I were voting, I would probably vote for Russ. I love the originality in the shot, and it doesn't look tacky.

#5 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

Voted for Keiichi eventhough I don't approve of the bushes underwater.

#6 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

I voted for !!! this week.

The ghost of Revfan9 haunts Shoelace.

#7 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Ah, the Purple Tree. j/k. This is my first screen of Chapters of Enova. I am finally hard at work for the game. This screen shows the graphic style of the game as well as possibly showing the gimmick of this area. icon_razz.gif

#8 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

I voted for Orin. I like the originality, and I wonder what's in store!

I don't see the all the hype about Shoelace's shot. Almost everything clashes with each other (Even Link). The colors seem a little off too. The concept is great, though.

#9 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE(Sheik @ Jan 2 2013, 04:11 AM) View Post

Voted for Keiichi eventhough I don't approve of the bushes underwater.

Yeah, I guess that bushes underwater wouldn't really make sense, now would it..

Thanks for the vote though icon_smile.gif

#10 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

ventus bcoz the classic tileset is so original and pretty i love the custom graphix in his shot too : - )

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

I'll have to compile thoughts later, I've been too scatterbrained lately, but I voted for Ventus. It just looked the nicest of the entries. I'll get back to you later on fuller thoughts...

#12 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

I like how Shoelace made a Link similar to the Classic Link but different style.
I also like the aqueducts! I didn't recognize what they were at first glance, but after looking at them a few seconds it came through to me. Really makes me wonder how they are used in that area? Quite interesting! icon_biggrin.gif

Hergiswi's is interesting; I suppose "Abraham" is the playable character and wears a robe? I haven't seen that before in a quest! icon_smile.gif

Keiichi123, the water looks okay as along as it uses "Water" combos and not "Shallow Water" combos. I'm not sure if Link should be able to swim over the bushes and rocks (if the flippers are included in the quest, that is). Also, if there's bushes and rocks down there, it makes me think that maybe the water level will be lower later in the game(?). icon_smile.gif

Russ, it definitely looks like a nice space-age area! Nice job with the sentries. icon_smile.gif

Ventus, I hate to say this, but I fail to see what is so "amazing" about this shot. All I can say is that it has some good variance for classic.

SpacemanDan, cool miniboss! icon_smile.gif I'd like to see that thing in action!

Orin XD, nice desert shot! icon_smile.gif Only possible problem I see is that it looks like the sandstorm is thicker over the shadowed area than it is over the flying birds. Not sure if that's just an illusion because of the pattern of the desert wall or not. (I'm guessing it looks fine in motion and that a single screenshot doesn't do it justice. I've had that problem before; it can be annoying sometimes. If only making animated screenshots were easier...)

#13 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE(Lightwulf @ Jan 4 2013, 04:48 AM) View Post

Hergiswi's is interesting; I suppose "Abraham" is the playable character and wears a robe? I haven't seen that before in a quest! icon_smile.gif

Thanks! Interesting is definitely a compliment to me in this context. icon_razz.gif I struggle with creativity when I'm locked into some pre-existing storyline or lore like Zelda, so I figured I'd just "borrow" the graphics and create a totally different story with another character. It's definitely a work in progress.

Shane, the idea I was going for was to have a barren, dismal-looking place. However, now that I look at it I definitely do see what you mean about it looking empty. I'm also realizing that it looks like the screen is almost divided into two halves by the fence, and it looks contrived. I dunno. What do you think?

#14 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

The concept is nice, but the execution could be better. Give a more barren landscape by adding dirt, dead trees (in the two bottom corners), rubble, rocks - dead things the less living things (in terms of plant life) the better. The top portion could be have holes dug out and some rocks here and there, the gate could be even with the door, and the sign could be on the lower portion of the screen.

But nevertheless it does catch a barren look and it does work. icon_smile.gif

#15 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

It was a close call between Shoelace and Keichii for me. Both had design that captured my attention the most. Keichii's is very solid and I'd love to see this in an actual quest... but Shoelace's nice looking aqueduct draws on my curiosity, plus I'm naturally more attracted to overworld shots.

Part of me also wanted to vote for Hergiswi because his caption made me laugh. icon_smile.gif There's some improvement from the last I've seen from him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users