Photo

Screenshot of the Week 386

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 386 (39 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

Moosh
IPB Image
So this one is kinda complicated. The screen itself is a mock up that's being drawn over the screen by the PureZC logo which is a bonus boss in an actual quest that also happens to be shooting out men wearing wigs. Mind blown yet?

SpacemangDan
IPB Image
Never mind how I have 255 rupees. ):

Shane
IPB Image
Lake Floria

Guardian
IPB Image
What lies in this temple is the most important item I will get on my quest.

#2 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

Moosh: PZCQuest - you're doing it wrong (and not the first to do so).
SMD: I don't like those blue tiles. Interesting theme, though.
Shane: It's not that exciting, but I kind of like it (voted).
Guardian: I don't like the palette. The dungeon entrance looks pretty cool, though (runner-up).

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

Ignore the error on the top left of my shot. icon_doh.gif

Moosh: NO MOCK UP SHOTS -10/10

No seriously, I'm just going to judge the screenshot by the screenshot itself, not from the fact if it's from a quest or not. I must say, it's got a nice layout. All though, the ice's colour kinda looks odd. 8/10

SpacemanDan: I like the colours you picked for this screen, it reminds me misery mire. icon_biggrin.gif Nice design, it feels detailed without having too many details. 9/10

Me: This is from a real area from a real quest (really dunno why I have to say it, but it seems some people just question the fact). Using Moo2wo's diagonal MC water tiles he lent to me a while back, all though, they're edited by me to fit the mountains.

Guardian: While the palette is a little dull, the design is interesting. It reminds me of the woods area in SS with the large pits and all. icon_razz.gif 9/10

Was torn between Guardian's or SpacemanDan's, but since I'm in the contest, I'll go ahead and null. icon_razz.gif Nice work guys! icon_smile.gif

Edited by Shane, 29 October 2012 - 12:11 AM.

#4 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

I don't mean to say that you people don't know a good thing when you see it, but you people don't know a good thing when you see it. icon_razz.gif

Voted for Dan.

#5 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

ermagherd! shane totally stole the floria name from ToD! STEALER! STEALER! icon_deformed.gif *shot*

Joking aside, I voted for Shane.

#6 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

Like, Spacemang...Daaaaaaaang.

In all seriousness, voted for that Spaceman's shot. The map title is the best, the layout is pretty nice, and I absolutely love the palette. The colors pop out really well without being obnoxious. Well done. icon_toast.gif

#7 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE(Dragonite @ Oct 29 2012, 03:10 PM) View Post

ermagherd! shane totally stole the floria name from ToD! STEALER! STEALER! icon_deformed.gif *shot*

Joking aside, I voted for Shane.

Actually I stole it from Skyward Sword. icon_deformed.gif

Thanks BTW. icon_razz.gif

#8 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:40 AM

Air Bear: When unfunny memes and SotW collide. I get the joke, but the men in wigs obscure the shot a bit. Solid shot otherwise. The main thing that I would change would be the colour of the chest. Change it to red and the screen will look a little less monotone. 5/10.

Spaaaaaaaaaacemandan: Unique and I love the direction that this shot is going in. There are a few things you should change, though. The walls should have a less saturated turquoise colour and I am not a fan of the single-tile high adobe walls (like below the red/blue block thingys). You should do away with them and keep the two tile high walls. 8/10. I voted here.

Tiny_Shane: So animated and flashy. Unfortunately, this seems pretty uninteresting but I do like the idea of using hammerable pegs as hookshot targets. It would be great if you could hammer them in too (this should be possible without scripting icon_razz.gif). Other than that, I recommend that you redsign the screen to spread it into two to make it more interesting. 6/10.

Guardian: Another shot that reminds me of Skyward Sword. Pretty good dungeon entrance but not much to say otherwise. One small critique I have is the bottom of the front-facing mountain tiles at the pit, the two rocky bits at the bottom is are not consistently shaded, which takes away from the shot a little. Shade those like you did with the rest of them. Still, this is pretty good for its purpose. 6/10.

hr[/hr]Ignore the names. I was bored when I posted this. It's all Wheatley's fault that I am bored!

Edited by Orin XD, 29 October 2012 - 03:41 AM.

#9 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

Redesign the whole screen? That's... that's a pretty huge request. I'll be honest redesigning and separating the screen into two sounds a tad unnecessary (considering it only leads to a red rupee) and plus this would result in redesigning more screens (yes I have screens finished around it).

Plus not going to even lie, I don't really want to go through too much effort just to simply "whoa" the player for one screen. And besides how is replacing the left island with water going to even "whoa" the player? icon_shrug.gif

Late Edit: And no, the Hammer Post + Hookshot target thing would lead to things like getting stuck...

Edited by Shane, 29 October 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#10 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

Very close call between SpacemanDan and Shane. Who's fault is it? I have to say it's all Shane's fault!

#11 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE(Orin XD @ Oct 29 2012, 02:40 AM) View Post

Air Bear: When unfunny memes and SotW collide. I get the joke, but the men in wigs obscure the shot a bit. Solid shot otherwise. The main thing that I would change would be the colour of the chest. Change it to red and the screen will look a little less monotone. 5/10.

Yeah the chest was supposed to be red. Dunno how it became blue...I was debating whether or not to take the screenshot while the boss was doing an attack and decided to do it during to make the screen more exciting. There is nothing of any importance to the screen being obscured by wig men.

I was hoping the script appeal could pull me through. Guess nothing can beat PureZC's major boner for overworld shots with rivers running through them.

Edited by Moosh, 29 October 2012 - 06:40 AM.

#12 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

None of them was very exciting for me this week. except Moosh's. (Voted)

#13 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE(Shane @ Oct 29 2012, 02:52 AM) View Post

Actually I stole it from Skyward Sword. icon_deformed.gif

Thanks BTW. icon_razz.gif
Oh, I should really start to play Skyward Sword then. >_>

#14 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

Moosh: when I tried looking past the bad joke you made, it's actually a good layout. It kinda seems unnecessary to put all those orange blocks in a path though, one should suffice.

Spacemunding: I don't like those wall decorations, but otherwise this is pretty neat. Maybe you could make a slightly edited version of that checker floor and randomly place it around for extra detail.

Shane: very pretty. Maybe you could add some more colours to the screen. I never liked those purple flowery things either. But it's a great shot. For some reason I like how those rocks block up the river.

Guardian: the colours are a little dull, because there is so few contrast. That pit could've been better if the transition from light to dark were a little smoother. Otherwise, I like this.

I vote for the spaceman. I hope you place that floor detail I suggested, that would make it perfect.

#15 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Voted for Guardian. I like the feel of this screen a lot. It reminds of Twilight Princess in a way.

Moosh, that dungeon is interesting to say the least. I like the palette.

Spacemandan, I love the colors in the shot, but it seems to be a lot of the same color.

Shane, this is a nice shot, and I really like the layout. I'm assuming your subscreen is not finished yet. No points lost, but the screen does look a bit naked. Also, I'm not a huge fan of those little purply tree-ish things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users