• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#46 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:12 PM

The merkabah looks fine and should work as a triforce replacement rather well. I have seen keys, orbs, and elemental leaves take the place of triforce pieces instead. You are good at making classic graphics, so maybe someone will use this graphic someday.

#47 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:21 PM

I have made a few new sound effects. One of them is my hilarious version of Link getting hurt, and another sound is Link dying. The link to the .zip file that contains the sounds is below.
Merry Christmas (link to the sounds!)

Here is the video that has all of my previous sounds in it.
Preview video of previous sound effects

I have posted these links in this topic before (more than once in fact,) but it is safe to say that most people like to go to the very last posts of topics. Here are the links to the sound effects in the above preview video.
Nolysounds DX
Moblin And Others
One For Ganon, Two For Gohma

If you improve the dungeon interior graphics I posted, Lightwulf, post the result here in this topic. Put the other graphics you worked on in the same post as the result.

Can anybody turn this into an NES graphic by giving it the proper shading? It is meant to be layered onto mountains.
IPB Image

Edited by Nolornbon, 01 January 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#48 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:40 AM

Though nobody's posted here in a while, I did do a number on the pipe dungeon entrance, so here it is (though more for GB than NES, so I hope you'll forgive that):

IPB Image

I haven't forgotten about those dungeon walls. I just haven't reached level 9 in my quest yet. Custom graphics on my level 8 are to blame... taking so long to make (not to mention the couple of side-projects I'm working on taking from that time as well). But, I will post when I have them done.

#49 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

It is so good to have supportive individuals like you, Lightwulf. Good luck with the rest of your level 8 and your level 9. As far as graphics go, I am much better at coming up with ideas than I am at shading (unlike NoeL, who is VERY good at shading and ideas.) Luckily, you possess shading skills, whereas mine would be very basic at best. Thank you for posting the fixes you made to my pipe dungeon entrance.

The .zip file containing my sound effects can be found at 4shared by following the link below.
My Custom Sounds icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Nolornbon, 22 March 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#50 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

I have a few new sound effects for people to use below. You can get them at 4shared. As usual for my content, give credit when you use them, for it is wrong to steal.
File at 4shared.

#51 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

Nice! icon_smile.gif

- The "Bag Rummage Quieter" only seems to be about 75-80% quieter than "Bag Rummage". You might want to make it 50-60% quieter.
- "Blowing in the Wind" sounds just like a heavy flag blowing in the wind! Very nice! icon_biggrin.gif
- The "Manly Death" sound carries on for about 10 seconds. Unless the quest designer makes a special cutscene to take up the extra time, most boss enemies' death sound should only be a maximum of 5 seconds. They normally disappear pretty quickly, like within 2 seconds. I would suggest taking these things into consideration and make it shorter.
- The "Factory" sounds like, if it were looped endlessly, it could be a realistic background sound for a factory! Nice job!
- I'm just wondering what the "Tumbling Object" sound could be used for in a quest... Definitely not a heavy object, like a boulder; it sounds too lightweight for that.

#52 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

As usual, thank you for your feedback, Lightwulf. I guess the tumbling object sound effect would be more suitable for a bed (I used my bed to make that sound effect.) The manly death sound effect would probably be better off used in a cutscene. The bag rummage sound effect could be used for a bag, but would probably be better for leaves (and I guess the quieter version should be quieter.)

In a video I saw on Youtube, I noticed that CastChaos made good use of some of my sound effects in his quest Guardian Mother. Would any of these sound effects be useful for him (or anybody else for that matter?)

I have in mind to make a few more sound effects, but I am currently playing a game called Minetest.

#53 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

No offense, but these sounds are terrible. For one thing, none of them would fit well in any tileset. Secondly, most of them sound nothing like what they're supposed to be. The factory one is actually pretty decent, however, the tumbling object doesn't sound like anything that belongs in a Zelda game, the wind noise sounds like wind background noise recorded with a shitty camcorder (perhaps because it is?), the bag rustling sounds like someone struggling to unwrap a candy bar, and the "manly" death and elder's warning sounds like a child trying to sound like an adult and failing; In the case of the manly death, imitating a man choking to death on a chicken bone or trying to cough up a hairball. So my advice is if you're so intent on making sound effects:
  • Avoid voice acting at all costs
  • Use audio editing software to enhance your sounds/change them to 8 bit or 16 bit quality
  • If you use props, try to use as close to what would be making the sound as possible
  • Get a better recording device

You show potential, but these sounds are completely useless unless you can go the extra mile.

#54 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

I do wish I had a better recording device, but what could I possibly get and how could it be portable?

#55 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(Nolornbon @ Oct 4 2012, 11:18 AM) View Post

I do wish I had a better recording device, but what could I possibly get and how could it be portable?

Google results say Tascam. I usually listen to Google.

That said I have no personal experience portable audio recording stuff.

#56 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

try putting a sock or pantyhose over your mic to reduce extra hiss from breathing and A/C. Also, record in a closet or small space that won't echo too much or have air flowing around. Check out tweakbench for some 8-bit vst sounds.

#57 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE(peteandwally @ Oct 4 2012, 08:50 PM) View Post

try putting a sock or pantyhose over your mic to reduce extra hiss from breathing and A/C.

Not sure if joking or not...Wouldn't that create MORE noise when the sock rubs against the mic?

#58 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

only if it gets moved. if the covered mic is set down and not bumped it would be fine.

#59 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Oct 5 2012, 08:55 AM) View Post

Not sure if joking or not...Wouldn't that create MORE noise when the sock rubs against the mic?

Not joking. I've recorded entire albums using a sock/mic combo. You don't realize the A/C cuts off so many frequencies until you start equalizing everything. I would put the singer in one closet and the guitarist in another. Cheapest studio ever.

#60 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

You record albums, peteandwally? Most impressive.

My microphone, for some reason, makes this strange electrical noise. When I put my hand around it, the noise gets louder. What is causing this?

I just found out that the lack of computer grounding causes this. This is a video showing how to fix it that I found on Youtube.

Edited by Nolornbon, 08 October 2012 - 03:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users