Zelda Classic Manager

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#16 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

Odd. I've never had RC3 have any color issues. icon_confused2.gif Do you run in fullscreen or windowed mode? You may want to try switching that. If windowed, you may want to toggle the option to disable Windows Aero (check it if it's unchecked, or vice versa). That's under the Misc tab of ZCM.

#17 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

This site is still a thing?

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

Its weird. The color glitches most commonly happen when I use Zelda Classic, but do happen in Zquest. The glitches only happen in fullscreen mode, never in windowed mode. Ill try using ZCM to disable Aero when running.

#18 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

That still really seems weird. You may want to try deleting your ag.cfg file and starting with clean settings.

#19 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

This site is still a thing?

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

I tried disabling aero, but that did nothing. I could try deleting the config, however I'm not sure if that will do anything to stop the allegro color problems. The only surefire way to prevent them is to run ZC while explorer isn't running, and that's what the color fix bat does, closes explorer while ZC is open, and runs it when it isn't.

Edited by King Harkinian, 14 August 2012 - 08:13 AM.

#20 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE(King Harkinian @ Aug 13 2012, 11:57 PM) View Post
I tried disabling aero, but that did nothing. I could try deleting the config, however I'm not sure if that will do anything to stop the allegro color problems. The only surefire way to prevent them is to run ZC while explorer isn't running, and that's what the color fix bat does, closes allegro while ZC is open, and runs it when it isn't.
Ah. I was thinking maybe there were some old settings in the ag config file that might have been causing your issues. You might want bring up your issue in the RC3 topic. icon_shrug.gif

#21 ShadowPC

ShadowPC

Where is ma hearts?

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

You are my savior, LinktheMaster! Before i always had to lower the res when using windowed. And i havent been able to run fullscreen due to the stretch. Thank you!

#22 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Aug 13 2012, 07:39 AM) View Post
I'll probably try to come up with a solution that works for both, but unfortunately ZC doesn't like me creating empty files as save file placeholders.

I think I'll change that. I don't see a reason not to.

#23 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Aug 13 2012, 08:49 PM) View Post

Well, have you honestly given this (or Nick’s ZCC) a try? Just because this doesn’t have a plethora of other features that you need, would it be too much to ask to give it a chance? You’re basically saying “It’s different, so I don’t like it.” If you give it a fair shot, you might grow to like it for other reasons. If you don’t, then I at least appreciate the effort. icon_shrug.gif

I did give it a try, and I do appreciate the effort. The thing is... well, to be completely honest, I resent change. This is better than ZLaunch, but I can run ZLaunch in my sleep; I'm used to it, and I don't want to change. Plus, the stuff that this does (like organization) is stuff I honestly prefer doing manually. I have my own incredibly convoluted organization system that works for me, so I don't want the program handling it. Same with save files. So while it is better, I'd rather just stick with what I know.

#24 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

It's not impossible we'll replace the launcher, though. It's only going to fall further behind.

Changing the ZQuest interface and scale isn't working for me. Doesn't change the setting in ag.cfg or the actual interface.

#25 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Aug 16 2012, 10:39 PM) View Post
Changing the ZQuest interface and scale isn't working for me. Doesn't change the setting in ag.cfg or the actual interface.
icon_odd.gif Strange. It's working for me. I'll play around with this and see what I can do as far as replicating this problem.

#26 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:04 PM

I tried a few more things, and it seems actually none of the ag.cfg options are working, only the command line ones. It's only with my preexisting ag.cfg that it fails, though; if I delete it and let it create a new one, it works.

Here's the one it's not working with, if it's any help:
ag.cfg

#27 ShadowPC

ShadowPC

Where is ma hearts?

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

Odd. The first time i used it, i thought it worked. But it didnt. Even if i have the windowed option set, both ZC and ZQ launches nfullscreen. And it stretches it too. icon_cry.gif

#28 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

The problem that Saffith was having (and probably you too, ShadowPC) was caused by a flaw in my logic that came up because of ZCL's settings being above ZC/ZQ's. The problem has been solved now, so it should hopefully work. I'd highly suggest that everyone download the new version if you've used ZCL. Sorry for the inconvenience. icon_sorry.gif Here's the new release.

Version 0.9.3
Windows (174kb)
Linux (124kb) – Make sure to set the script as executable.
Both (Java Jar File) (109kb)

Changelog
  • Fixed an issue with ZCM not working properly with ZCL (or any other) settings being above ZC or ZQ settings in ag.cfg.
  • The checkbox for "Click to Freeze" now is checked properly depending on if the property is set in ag.cfg.
  • When deleting save files, the icon file is now properly deleted.
Also, I do want to ask, is Java okay with everyone? No one has been having an issue with it being made in Java?

#29 ShadowPC

ShadowPC

Where is ma hearts?

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:15 AM

Not working. Now instead of black with white crosses its a flimmering area outside of the screen. How is that possible? Maybe im doing something wrong.

#30 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE(ShadowPC @ Aug 17 2012, 08:15 AM) View Post
Not working. Now instead of black with white crosses its a flimmering area outside of the screen. How is that possible? Maybe im doing something wrong.
Sorry, but could you maybe explain this a bit better? icon_frown.gif I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean by it "flimmering area outside of the screen".

Also, what video settings do you have in ZCM? Windowed? What resolution is it set to? Do you have it set the resolution automatically? Also, what operating system are you using and what version of ZC?

Also, if you're okay with it, you may want to try to delete (or rename) ag.cfg and zcm.cfg. Sorry for the problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users