Photo

Screenshot of the Week 376

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 376 (39 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

Yoshimi
IPB Image
Deepwood Shades.

Jared
IPB Image
I wonder if I can push that torch?

FefeRawft
IPB Image
oh god how did this get here i am not good with computer

#2 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:16 AM

Nulled obviously, although I do think this is some of my best work!

Yoshimi - Not bad, but not incredible either, it's well detailed and a great GB screen, but it seems empty and the color of the grass compared to the trees seems... off?

Jared - Decent dungeon screen, but like I said to Yoshimi, something seems a bit off. I think it's the GB push blocks, but I don't know, I'm tired.

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:16 AM

I'm in total love with Jared's lava I just like how it's spewing flames. icon_drool.gif It really builds up the hot atmosphere!

PS - Don't use the wooden shield. icon_deformed.gif

EDIT: some criticism, try making the rails that are near the blocks pale-gold like the walls. icon_smile.gif

Edited by Shane, 07 August 2012 - 01:19 AM.

#4 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:17 AM

Oh, I didn't even notice the flames coming out of the lava, I like it!

#5 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:18 AM

Yoshimi - I'm not a fan of the palette, I think it's the underbrush and maybe something in the trees. The shot itself is fine, though, nothing needs to be changed about it.

Jared - I voted here, it's a solid dungeon shot with neat lava effects, nothing I'd change. I could critique the subscreen, since, well, it needs a little more variety to it; that one-color scheme just looks kind of bland. But the shot is good. icon_razz.gif

FefeRawft - Best shot, 5 stars. icon_thumbsup.gif

#6 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

Voted for Jared. Looks like someone is using the pokemon wildfire! I used that before and I will be using those again when I get my tileset picked out...... oh, and nice dungeon screen. icon_heh.gif

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

Yoshimi: Once again, you show how the GB set was made to be used. I have no complaints.

Jared: I like what I see here. The screen is well designed, and the flares coming out of the lava are a cool idea. But they kinda bother me. The lava there is "crusted lava", the mode think, hardening kind that doesn't normally shout out flares of fire. It's a minor thing, but it bugs me a bit; the fire flares might go well with non-crusted lava. In addition, the tiles under the doorways look kind of weird. Shouldn't they be the same as the floor tiles?

FefeRawft: And here I thought the horrible joke screenshot fad died out long ago. icon_frown.gif

I voted for Yoshimi in the end, although Jared came close. Good job, both of you.

#8 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

Jared, I really like your screen a lot. What bug me though, is 1) the wildfire (what Russ said), 2) the GB pushblock (I'm sure we have tMC alternatives) and 3) the LttP pot (we have tMC alternatives). I would have voted for it regardless. icon_smile.gif
Does the player have bombs available when s/he gets into the dungeon? Dodongos would make wonderfull minibosses for the setting and they are weak enough to be handled with three heart containers.

FefeRawft, I like the Triforce on the palm tree. Is it on a vacation?

Edited by Yoshimi, 07 August 2012 - 02:34 AM.

#9 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE(Yoshimi @ Aug 7 2012, 03:29 AM) View Post

Jared, I really like your screen a lot. What bug me though, is 1) the wildfire (what Russ said), 2) the GB pushblock (I'm sure we have tMC alternatives) and 3) the LttP pot (we have tMC alternatives). I would have voted for it regardless. icon_smile.gif

Thank you very much. And I'll see if I can find those MC ones...I need them so bad. xD

Does the player have bombs available when s/he gets into the dungeon? Dodongos would make wonderfull minibosses for the setting and they are weak enough to be handled with three heart containers.

Sadly, no. Only the sword!

FefeRawft, I like the Triforce on the palm tree. Is it on a vacation?

He told me it's the "full" Triforce. icon_razz.gif

#10 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

tough call. Yoshimi's screen is great in every way, but Jared's screen is mesmerizing. what looks to be a skull within the lower flaming lava has me transfixed. Fefe's screen is beyond lame, which seems to be the point. my vote goes to Jared. good one, guys!

#11 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE(trudatman @ Aug 7 2012, 09:46 AM) View Post

good one, guys!

I see what you did there. icon_thumbsup.gif

#12 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:26 AM

Voted for Yoshimi's nice open forest shot. Keep up the good work!

#13 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

My vote has been taken by Jared's sexy shot.

Really, well done. icon_thumbsup.gif The lava looks so real in this shot. It's almost popping out at ya!

#14 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE(Yoshimi @ Aug 7 2012, 03:51 AM) View Post
I see what you did there....

I hope Jared thought it was funny, too. sometimes he likes to make mountains of molehills, so to type, but I thought that was a safe way to make that joke. seriously, though, even though this week's contest didn't have many submissions, it was an amazing set of entries. keep 'em coming!

#15 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

I honestly voted for FefeRawft. I'm happy to see some lighthearted humor in light of recent events. That said, the other 2 shots were quite good this week.

Yoshimi: The exit points of the screen are perfectly aligned. While this isn't inherently bad, it doesn't feel right in something that isn't supposed to be manmade like a forest. The middle of the screen also feels a little bit empty. Great palette though. 8/10

Jared, very solid shot but the white walls/black roof just bugs me. x__x That said, I like the lava structure of the shot. 7/10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users