Photo

Screenshot of the Week 351 (Semi-Holiday Themed!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 351 (Semi-Holiday Themed!) (49 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:14 AM

Theryan
IPB Image
Long before the Superdome, where the Saints of football play.

Taco Chopper
IPB Image
"Link" leaves town only to "realise" he might need something to cut those "bushes" down...

Marco
IPB Image
Frostmint Candywood. We've been here before.

Jared
IPB Image
Have a Happy New Year! \o/ icon_smile.gif

William
IPB Image
Happy Holidays, everyone! (Palette and tile edits were both made by me)

Alison
IPB Image
Merry Christmas

#2 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:24 AM

Theryan: I love this shot and the palette. The minimap title is delicious. 7/10

Taco Chopper: Southern Hemisphere holiday = hot. Therefore, I see the festivity. The open to unwakable ratio is just right. 6/10

Jared: This screen is the stereotype of holiday winter. I love it. It has a tree. A Christmas tree. No complaints. 6/10

William: Diggin' the graphics. Well rounded shot. Though, the palette could be more hued with gray. 7/10

Alison: Original, outside the box. 9/10

#3 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:10 AM

I nulled. Even if I wasn't in it I would have nulled anyway, there isn't really anything that catches my eye.

The open to unwakable ratio is just right.

Come again?

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:53 AM

I voted for Theryan because it is really good landscape design, even though
the bushes look larger than the trees.

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

I voted for Liam. I like your custom palette and edits.

#6 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

Theryan: I like this one a lot! No complaints.

Taco Chopper: The design is decent, but I feel like it needs some sort of activity. Punch, pizazz, yahoo and how. Not a bad shot, though!

Jared: R U COPYIN ME FRUM LAST YRRR
IPB Image
All the Hylians down in Hyrule liked Christmas a lot. But Ganon, who lived just North of Hyrule, did not.

... ... Just kidding. icon_blah.gif I think there's a little too much white, and the ground detail gets lost because of it.

William: Not too shabby. My only complaint is the water. My eyes were drawn to it instead of the rest of the screen. Maybe if you made them a bit more subtle?

Alison: Happy New Year

I voted for Theryan. icon_smile.gif

#7 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

Alison gained my vote for irony.

#8 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:59 PM

I nulled for obvious reasons.

Theryan: OMFG what are you doing you stupid idiot?

Taco Chopper: The bottom half of the screen looks a little too bare, especially around the edges. Also, the bottom left corner is open, which is a pet peeve of mine.

Marco: Solid screen design. One things that looks off to me is the top of the waterfall. It looks like it should be about half a combo lower.

Jared: Other than the tree in the middle, there really isn't much of anything going on. It's a nice picture, but as far as screens go, it's not all that well designed.

William: I like the design of this screen. The only error I can spot is that one of the trees is getting cut off by the mountain walls.

Alison: Solid GB screen. It looks a little bare, but I guess that's good given the environment.

If I had voted, I probably would have gone with William or Marco.

#9 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:39 AM

None of the shots really called to me, but I voted for Theryan for the color composition. I wasn't a fan of the GB slashable bushes, though.

#10 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

Voted for Marco, his was definitely the "brightest" of the bunch. But they weren't bad at all. Though I do have some things to say on a couple:

Theryan: Anything non-Classic plopped into the Classic Tileset immediately becomes out of place, unless it is stylized to fit Classic's graphical style. That said, those GB bushes must DIE [/CDI Zelda Reference].

William: Custom tileset, eh? Reminds me of the Happy Set icon_smile.gif.

Alison: That boulder looks horrifically out of place. As if it's just floating above the lava, instead of actually in it forming a bridge. To remedy this, edit it so it appears as if it's submerged within the liquid. Of course, with the space you left open up there, Link could just shimmy around the gap altogether icon_wink.gif.

#11 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE(nicklegends @ Jan 6 2012, 02:39 AM) View Post
I wasn't a fan of the GB slashable bushes, though.
QUOTE(Koh @ Jan 6 2012, 09:10 AM) View Post
That said, those GB bushes must DIE [/CDI Zelda Reference].

I know they look out of place, but I hate and have always hated the default bushes in classic. They look way too similar to the bush tree tiles. So I've been using the GB bushes until I can find something better.

#12 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

I think you're using the Pure/DoR versions of the GB bush. The real GB/C bush is smaller. Why don't you rip that from EZGBZ?

#13 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ Jan 7 2012, 04:19 PM) View Post
I think you're using the Pure/DoR versions of the GB bush. The real GB/C bush is smaller. Why don't you rip that from EZGBZ?

Jared. Take my internets. All of them. I never realized there were 2 different bushes in EZGB and Pure/DoR.

#14 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

Wow, marco, that looks great! Did you make this tileset? Yes, the top of the waterful could be one tile lower, but other than that I really like it. Voted for this screen.

The others are great too icon_biggrin.gif

#15 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:26 AM

I went and voted for Marco this week. I love the screen. Neat palette and everything. icon_biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users