Photo

Screenshot of the Week 339

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (74 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:00 PM

Twilight_Knight
Twilight_Knight.png

Furion
Furion.png
It's a long story.

Sheik91
Sheik91.png
Ceci n'est pas Magritte.

Alison
Alison.JPG
Let me in, the voice cried softly, from outside the wooden door.
Scattered remnants of the ship could be seen in the distance,
Blood stained the icy wall of the shore.

ChunkeM0nkey
ChunkeM0nkey.png

Ventus
Ventus.png
As link looks at the looming tower he thinks (how will I conquer this tower Piercing the heavens)

blackbishop89
blackbishop89.png
Emptiness... is a very bad feeling. icon_frown.gif

Adem
Adem.png
I was worried there wouldn't be any real gameplay shots. icon_deformed.gif

William
William.png
I like donuts and trolling. Oh and sodomy too.

Shane
Shane.png
Her iz my screne from my new quests "links in water land world". Im defntately gona finish thiss quest so everon shuld be exited

Pokemonmaster64
Pokemonmaster64.png
I think I got DoR's complicated palettes understood. Now to figure out those mountains.

Robin
Robin.png
DID WE DIE IN CHRIST AND RISE WITH HIM A NEW CREATION?

Dawnlight
Dawnlight.png
The real joke here is where that stupid switch is.

Ebola Zaire
Ebola%20Zaire.gif
[3:52:31 PM] Alison: i got killed by a gun
[3:52:35 PM] Alison: called The Elements of Harmony
[3:52:36 PM] Alison: i quit

Edited by Neptune, 20 August 2017 - 10:26 PM.
Fixed image links

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:05 PM

Well I got thoroughly pwned. Sure are a lot of artistic joke shots here. I like Twilight_Knight's the best. icon_wink.gif

Also I didn't NULLED this time. Fight the power brah.

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 02 October 2011 - 04:11 PM.

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

I voted for Ebola Zaire.

#4 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:14 PM

Man this week is crazy icon_freak.gif
I voted BB89 Cuz his was the cleanest Screen icon_lol.gif

#5 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:17 PM

IPB Image
Here's the alternate form of my screen BTW. I decided to use the one without the tree layer because it looked too professional. Also, fun fact: I only used CSets 7 and 8 in my shot. I got the idea from Moo2wo's entry in SotW 337.

#6 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

I nulled, since I'm in it, but had I not entered I definitely would've went with Pokemonmaster. It looks like a beautiful alternate version of aaa2's screens (only the colors are slightly better and so is the design).

#7 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:25 PM

I voted for William because he told me to.

#8 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE(Rover @ Oct 2 2011, 04:25 PM) View Post

I voted for William because he told me to.

^This is the post that will pierce the heavens.

#9 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

Time to actually do the whole rating thing I suppose...

Twilight_Knight
Brilliant! Just one change I'd recommend: Add a shadow on the rocks under where the floating castle just out over them. I can grammar good. 9/10 *VETOED, I MEAN VOTED*

Furion
This is a good classic screen. It just wasn't the best of the bunch. No complaints though. 8/10

Sheik91
Five points from Griffindor for reusing jokes! 5/10

Alison
I'm certain there's a hidden meaning behind this, but knowing you chances are there isn't. It's cool, but it's just...wut. MISSINGNO./10

ChunkeM0nkey
The clash! The clash! This is an OK shot I guess, but is that a NES koopa? I suppose it's the tileset's fault, not yours...7/10

Ventus
I'm sure I would have voted for this screen if I could freaking see! I'm not going to vote on a screen I can't see properly. It wouldn't be fair.

blackbishop89
This is every other screen in any given one of my quests. It's an interesting idea, but do we really need two completely empty screens in a row to win? 5/10

Adem
Just your average GB shot. Not as interesting as some of the otehrs. icon_shrug.gif 6/10

William
This is a nice screen, but once again, it kinda reuses Rover's gag from last week. I'm sure it has a deep meaning about ethnic diversity or something though. 7/10

Shane
I like your parody of mock up screenshots, but that's about all I like here. icon_shrug.gif 3/10

Pokemonmaster64
Best shot this week by far! 10/10 *COULDASHOULDAWOULDAVOTEDBUTIT'SMESOTHATWOULDN'TBETHEPOLITETHINGTODO*

Robin
OH SWEET JESUS MY EYES! I really want to deny the effort you put into this and give it a 0, but I feel that wouldn't be fair. 6/10 Nice (although disturbing) sprites, but that's about it.

Dawnlight
The screen is OK, but the palette is less than OK IMHO. 7/10

Ebola Zaire
This is a beautiful use of the GB set. It was between this and TK's shot and I went with TK's pretty floating castle.

#10 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

Twilight Knight:

I'm glad you entered a shot that is similar to last time so I could have a chance to vote for it again. This isn't as good as the last screenshot, but still good enough to earn my vote. I really like what you've done with the palette, and those mountains look really good, though I'm not sure whether or not they've been edited. The only think I'd change is the castle jutting out over the water. I realize there are no "ocean against castle" tiles available for those castle tiles, but it looks a little weird as-is.

Furion:

This looks a little... cluttered. You've got bits and patches of different terrains everywhere on the screen, and the mountains are so narrow they don't feel like muontains, even in Classic. I think your landform placement should be a little more... umm... "deliberate."

Crappy joke shots

ChunkeM0nkey:

Nice job showcasing your tileset; I like it. However, this particular screenshot doesn't have much going on. And where's Mario going? Is he climbing the side of that mountain? Or jumping?...

Ventus:

Rain is always iffy. It tends to obscure the screenshot, and doesn't look as good in screenshot because the viewer doesn't get the chance to let their eyes adjust to the rain animation. Otherwise, this shot is decent for Classic.

blackbishop89:

Yep, someone did as I predicted and submitted an empty screen. But you've still got a subscreen, so it's not as empty as ZQuest COULD make it. icon_wink.gif

Adem:

Hey, this is a really nice Gameboy screen. I very nearly voted for it. I've been playing Link's Awakening lately so I'm growing fonder of Gameboy Zelda graphics. I ended up voting for TK's this time, but great job. There deserve to be good GBC quests out there.

Crappy joke shots

Dawnlight:

This screen is a little busy. I would at least simplify the floor tiles. Gah. Those stupid LTTP floor borders. Why are they always everywhere? Half of the ones you've got are excessive, and the other half are still unnecessary.
Anyway, where is the switch you're talking about? I'm not sure whether we're supposed to know where it is from the screenshot.

Ebola Zaire:

Nice, solid GBC screen. I see some new trees, hmm. icon_smile.gif

#11 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Oct 2 2011, 03:44 PM) View Post

Pokemonmaster64:
icon_sweat.gif Gah... Now you're just trolling me...

I feel hurt that I put all that effort into my screen (it could have been a whole screen of armos, mind you) and you dismiss it as a "crappy joke shot". I realize I promised you that I would never again rape your tileset with terrible palette choices, but you must realize that when the inspiration hits you, you can't very well deny it and go back to your business!

#12 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

Mother of God. This is insane. The number of shots, even if so many of them are joke shots, is just incredibly. Now I'll try to judge them all.

Twilight Knight: I love the effect you have with the layered mountains, and how you managed to pull off having the castle cross over them with the illusion of height change. Very nice.

Furion: It's a very nice classic shot, although the colors blend together a bit too much and make it hard to see what's going on.

Sheik: LSD ahoy!

Alison: If Sheik's shot is LSD, yours is crack cocaine. What I can see actually looks like a pretty good shot, it's just mirrored and scrunched up.

ChunkeM0nkey: I like it. A lot. Very nice stuff going on here in terms of screen design.

Ventus: I have no complaints. You've got the feel of the scene just right.

Blackbishop: Indeed, it is empty.

Adem: God bless you for going out of your way to get a real screen in here. I love the simplicity of it. Very nice.

William: Joke shot or not, there's an actual decent screen here, so that puts it above all the other joke shots that don't even deserve my consideration.

Shane: Okay I admit, I laughed. But no vote for you. Sorry.

Pokemonmaster: Going off my earlier drug analogies, you have mastered the art of shrooms. Go forth and trip, brother. But you actually do have a decent layout going on there.

Robin: It's like an army. In their underwear. With their faces driven in with maces.

Tri: It's everything a dungeon shot should be, and then some.

Ebola: I love it. Especially the effect with the river flowing under the mountain. My only complaint is the bottom right makes the perspective a bit confusing for a few moments.

And now I actually have to chose who to vote for. In the end, it came down to Adem, Tri, and Ebola. And in the end, after five minutes of thought, Tri wins my vote.

#13 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:36 PM

Link sprites are overrated.

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Oct 2 2011, 11:38 PM) View Post

Twilight_Knight
Brilliant! Just one change I'd recommend: Add a shadow on the rocks under where the floating castle just out over them. I can grammar good. 9/10 *VETOED, I MEAN VOTED*

Good suggestion! And thanks for the comment.

QUOTE(Radien @ Oct 2 2011, 11:44 PM) View Post

Twilight Knight:

I'm glad you entered a shot that is similar to last time so I could have a chance to vote for it again. This isn't as good as the last screenshot, but still good enough to earn my vote. I really like what you've done with the palette, and those mountains look really good, though I'm not sure whether or not they've been edited. The only think I'd change is the castle jutting out over the water. I realize there are no "ocean against castle" tiles available for those castle tiles, but it looks a little weird as-is.

That's also a good suggestion and thanks for the comment as well. I intended to release a screenshot of an area I haven't shown publicly yet (good joke opportunity here!). Sadly this place doesn't have that much screenshot occasions and I thought this was one of the better screens to show (the others are mostly houses and castle walls, I prefer functional towns, and not the flashy pretty ones).

QUOTE(Russ @ Oct 3 2011, 12:17 AM) View Post

Twilight Knight: I love the effect you have with the layered mountains, and how you managed to pull off having the castle cross over them with the illusion of height change. Very nice.

Thanks for the comment!

Now these three comments already made my day, regardless whether I get beaten by some joke shots or not.

#14 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Oct 2 2011, 04:44 PM) View Post

Alison:

And here you even went to the trouble of distorting the image and including your desktop. Sigh.

Thanks for calling my screen "crappy" and including such good criticism. You are my favorite member.

Twilight Knight
That castle makes absolutely no sense to me. It looks like it's just uncomfortably dangling off of the mountain. The screen isn't anything special either, and those trees on the mountain really clash with the style. 2

Furion
No complaints, but it's not that incredible or anything. 4

Shiek91
Obvious inspiration from Rover. Far too structured for my tastes. 3

Alison
hey is that Joanna Newsom i like her shes cool 6

ChunkeM0nkey
I don't know. That sure is the Mario tileset. ?

Ventus
Reminds me of PoRC. I hate that game. Your screen has a lot of repetition going on, and it's really hard to see. 2

blaskbishop89
no it isnt you failed miserably 1

Aden
The lack of transition for the water, as well as the empty mountaintops are unsettling to me. IT's not bad, but the lower half needs work. 3

William
"ASS" wow Your Edgy XDD 1

Shane
It's too random to be serious, too structured to be unserious. 1

Pokemonmaster64
You're just a guy who makes a screen in the wrong palette, wooooow, that sure makes you unique. 2

Robin
I love the palette and the Jesuses. That mirrored effect you have going on is cool too. Love your caption as well. 5

Dawnlight
Solid dungeon screen. 5

Ebola Zaire
That's cool. Nice caption and dmap title. We need to finish this quest sometime~ 6

I voted for myself because I wanted to break as much sotw etiquette as possible.

Edited by Alison, 02 October 2011 - 06:27 PM.

#15 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

Voted for Dawnlight! Amazing screen! nuff said

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users