Photo

Screenshot of the Week 321

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (61 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:23 PM

Lynker
IPB Image
I wonder if that Octorok likes the number 321...oooh, a yellow rupee!!!

Moo2wo
IPB Image
Link awaits his chance to sneak into Seashell Manor...

Furion
IPB Image
...ano, if Aj бlejz de laast auf mej бark, Aj mej'not kraft dejs бlejdз. Mej'if, Aj kraft e šlhovel, ywičh kan dig ty der serfás.

William
IPB Image
Like always, all the graphics you see are recolored, modified, or completely hand drawn. (With the exception of the two Octoroks)

#2 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:54 PM

Don't care that I entered, I voted for Moo2wo.
The yellow rupee in the game was changed to a PoH (And the rupee graphics have changed)

Moo - Just plain perfection!!! 10/10

Furion - Looks great! A few more ground details and it'll be perfect! 9/10

William - This is REALLY nice. Just fix that sun and it'll be wonderful!! 9.5/10

Edited by Lynker, 22 May 2011 - 06:54 PM.

#3 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

Lynker - 7/10
Looks pretty good to me. Nothing wrong with it, so the only criticism from me is that it isn't as interesting as some of the other screens.

Moo2wo - 8/10
Like the previous, looks good, but with more spice to it. For me, that can mean the difference between 7 and something higher. I assume the upper ledge is inaccessible to link, thus all decorative, which is cool. I'm starting to like your subscreen more now.

Furion - 7/10
Well, we know you definitely bring something unique to SotW every time, and this is certainly no exception. The high contrasting ground makes it kind of hard to see things of similar colors that are on it, but other than that, I like what I see. The dark areas certainly make it feel very cavelike.

William - 7/10
Another nice classic. Open yet well detailed in all the accessible parts.

So three very good screens, and one great one, making Moo2wo my choice for this week.

#4 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

It was a close call between Lynker and Moo2wo this time. But I eventually went with Lynker. Awesome improvement, my only complaint is the random tree that is sitting on the side of the mountain on the bottom left corner. it seems oddly placed. but overall, nice job! I just love the pure tileset! it is one of the most workable tilesets i have ever tinkered with! I will have something to show with this tileset next time I decide to enter in SotW. As Ike says in Brawl, Prepare yourself.

Edited by Sepulcher, 22 May 2011 - 07:36 PM.

#5 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:53 PM

I vote Lynker because it just looks awesome
great job
PS
great job everybody else

#6 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:09 AM

Voted Lynker. The only thing I'd change is removing that big tree that obfuscates the bridge and smaller tree. It's kind of unnecessarily in the way.

Moo: Could be improved with a path or something. There's just too much grass in the centre. Everything else looks great though.

Furion: Could be improved with a floor with lower contrast and a different hue to the cave walls. It's kind of an eyesore as it is. Not sure if those other parts of the cave in the lower corners are necessary, but if they're not I'd remove them and give a bit more real estate to the main room. Good to see a non-green shot though (I wonder if grassy shots would be so popular if the PZC theme wasn't green...).

William: Loving the idea and the look you've got going on, but my main problem, as with Furion, is real estate. You've allocated the top half of the screen as a backdrop, and that's too much IMO. Knock it back to about a third (just shift that whole rock wall up a tile or two so there's less sky and more ground).

High quality shots this week. Keep it up!

#7 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:48 AM

Moo, I highly suggest blocking off the bottom right cornor with more trees and probably decide on only pines or only "normal" trees but other than that it's quite appealing. I voted.

#8 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:55 AM

Lynker - 6/10
Nice pic, but the waterful is a little bit strange...

Moo2wo - 7/10 (vote)
Wow, you're very good at building a forest.

Furion - ?
Omg, that's not Zelda!!! XD
But it still looks good.

William - 7/10
Yeah, that's again an amazing classic-pic!

#9 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:46 AM

Vote for Lynker. Beautiful design and great detail. A bit on the crowded side though. I'd get rid of some of the trees and other non walkable objects because it could annoy people how have to walk through the screen, and it doesn't look completely good either.
Still great though! 7.5/10.

#10 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

William, I'm amazed by how many good screens I've seen from you with this mod of the Classic tileset. Voted for it.

Lynker, I'm not a fan of that mix with the bs water borders and pure sorry.

Moo2wo, would have voted for it if William didn't pull off that screen. It has no flaws, it's just a matter of taste I guess.

Furion, custom graphics...

#11 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE(lucas92 @ May 23 2011, 07:43 PM) View Post

William, I'm amazed by how many good screens I've seen from you with this mod of the Classic tileset. Voted for it.

Hey, thanks! That means a lot to me, actually. I can't wait to enter next week with something new I've constructed. Hopefully you guys will like it.

#12 chainswap

chainswap

Initiate

• Members

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE(William @ May 23 2011, 08:15 PM) View Post

Hey, thanks! That means a lot to me, actually. I can't wait to enter next week with something new I've constructed. Hopefully you guys will like it.

i also am liking your screens and i wanted to know are you gonna create your own custom enemies as well cause that would be sweet XD (or customized versions of original ones is wat i mean)

#13 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:08 PM

Lynker got my vote. Moo2woos screen almost got it, I only felt it was a bit too empty. Furions screen got nice graphics, but it aint that great to me. Williams screen is pretty great overall, but he should get rid of that sun.

#14 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

Lynker
IPB Image
This is a really good screen, 8/10
Moo2wo
IPB Image
Another great screen, but its a bit empty 7/10
Furion
IPB Image]
I don't really like the graphics, they look odd 5/10
William
IPB Image
Great use of the classic tileset 8/10

It was really hard to vote, but I eventually went with Moo2wo, I love forest shots like this.

Edited by Yoshidude, 24 May 2011 - 01:18 PM.

#15 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(Yoshidude @ May 24 2011, 12:16 PM) View Post
It was really hard to vote, but I eventually went with Moo2wo, I love forest shots like this.
Kinda weird that you rated two of the other shots higher than the one you voted for, but whatever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users