Photo

Screenshot of the Week 290

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: ~ (45 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:33 AM

Yoshidude
IPB Image
Link enjoys the Lakeside mountain

cremeens1000
IPB Image
this is link who found a new un-familiar island that has a sacred treasure on it.

Jupiter
IPB Image
Lost your ocarina? Careful! You know how Captain Hook got his name...

#2 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:51 AM

Yoshidude obtained my vote this round.

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:17 AM

Yoshidude
Score: 8/10

Indeed he will enjoy the Lakeside mountain its rather green too much green maybe blue or red trees?

cremeens1000
Score:7/10

I hate those clouds transparent, those spiky bushes should be changed to the other ones. Other then that its a rather, not-so-good-but-you-did-a-great-job shot. EDIT: You gave me a scroll bar or what ever you call it Dx.

Jupiter
Score:8/10

You just won sentence of the week icon_lol.gif nice job those gators (We have crocodiles in Australia.) are a bit to big but overall nice tiles screen layout but I'm not sure about the 2x2 flower through.

This is a tough, I not to sure through I come back to change my mind if I can't decide on what to vote I'll null.

Edited by Midnight_King, 03 May 2010 - 04:19 AM.

#4 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:55 AM

Why is cremeens1000's shot zoomed to 200%? I viewed the image directly and it's the correct size. Reloading the page didn't help, and Ebola's BBcode didn't tell it to resize. Is anyone else seeing what I am?

SOTW commentary tomorrow.

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:39 AM

I voted for Yoshidude. It reminds me of a screenshot from Link's Birthday DX by Mr. Z.

Jupiter's shot is good, but we've seen a lot of that marshland already. icon_shrug.gif

Edited by Dawnlight, 03 May 2010 - 06:39 AM.

#6 Moo2wo

Moo2wo

Yes, you're seeing this.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:01 AM

I voted for Jupiter this time.

#7 Jupiter

Jupiter

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ May 3 2010, 06:39 AM) View Post

Jupiter's shot is good, but we've seen a lot of that marshland already. icon_shrug.gif

Yeah, I shouldn't have submitted a shot from my MotM entry...but I submitted this first and couldn't resist sending in the map.

I've commented on the other shots in the forums already, both are attractive.

Yoshidude: you may want to put some no enemy flags over where that octorok in the northeast is so that he doesn't get stuck in a place you can't get to.

cremeens1000: I assume you have to swim to this screen, so you can swim off in various directions, but if you swim in from the south or west in you will have very little space in front of you

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:59 AM

Yoshidude: Spectacular! Have nothing else to say.

Cremeens: It's great! Once again, no complaints.

Jupiter: See above comments.

This is the first time where I've actually liked all three shots. You know what, I'm voting for Yoshidude. But Jupiter does win Caption of the Week. icon_razz.gif

#9 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

well the screen i made was just made to look good.
was not really going to be played on. i think it looks good, i make way better screens then that one anyway...
and my new game...its going to be more focusing on good game play rather then super detail like hylian fenix,
more like, Hero of dreams, or links birthday,(but not copying them) and something, i don't make it like links birthday, it has
lots of cool scripts and will(well i hope...) be a really fun game!

cremeens1000

I hate those clouds transparent, those spiky bushes should be changed to the other ones. Other then that its a rather, not-so-good-but-you-did-a-great-job shot. EDIT: You gave me a scroll bar or what ever you call it Dx.

This is a tough, I not to sure through I come back to change my mind if I can't decide on what to vote I'll null.
well i think your a meaner! like i said this screen is crap compared to my other screens...

#10 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:09 PM

I nulled. Nothing really eye popping this week although Jupiters quite nice, but i already voted for it in MotM.

#11 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:35 PM

All of the shots were really nice. I liked cremeen's shot the most. *Votes*

#12 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:36 PM

Yoshidude - 7/10
While certainly not the most interesting screen in the world, I can't complain about how it was put together. The details look just right to me, and it is all in good taste.

cremeens1000 - 7/10
Just a very tad bit on the crowded side, but that is hard to avoid here, considering what you are trying to do with just one screen. Details are otherwise pretty good, and the interesting factor is about equal to Yoshidude's screen.

Jupiter - 8/10
Taken straight from a tiles submission screenshot of yours, and a very good choice at it. You really know how to display your tiles in action. (The alligator bridges, the large trees, and how they can appear in the water, for anybody who didn't notice.) Everything else seems to blend in well with those tiles you ripped. After all, that is often the plan, right?

#13 Jupiter

Jupiter

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE(Nathaniel @ May 3 2010, 02:36 PM) View Post

Jupiter - 8/10
Taken straight from a tiles submission screenshot of yours, and a very good choice at it. You really know how to display your tiles in action. (The alligator bridges, the large trees, and how they can appear in the water, for anybody who didn't notice.) Everything else seems to blend in well with those tiles you ripped. After all, that is often the plan, right?

Yes, you've got me pegged.

Unfortunately it's been noticed that this screen is now in numerous places (MotM and with the several different loose tile submissions)...a faux pas perhaps, but it was the easiest thing to do and seemed appropriate for each thing taken separately. At least I did change some details (colors) for MotM.

Thanks for the comments Nathaniel--and all others! I'm not submitting for next week (taking a break) but hopefully we can get at least three or four other submissions or enough for a contest!

(BTW, I want to see some shots that Nathaniel rates as deserving higher than an 8--that seems to be his ceiling as long as I've been around icon_razz.gif )

Edited by Jupiter, 03 May 2010 - 03:02 PM.

#14 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ May 3 2010, 04:55 AM) View Post

Why is cremeens1000's shot zoomed to 200%? I viewed the image directly and it's the correct size. Reloading the page didn't help, and Ebola's BBcode didn't tell it to resize. Is anyone else seeing what I am?

SOTW commentary tomorrow.
The image isn't the "correct" size by default; he submitted a large image. icon_unsettled.gif

#15 Alex-Link

Alex-Link

Alex-Link

• Members

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE(Midnight_King @ May 3 2010, 04:17 AM) View Post

Yoshidude
Score: 8/10

Indeed he will enjoy the Lakeside mountain its rather green too much green maybe blue or red trees?

cremeens1000

Jupiter
Score:8/10

You just won sentence of the week icon_lol.gif nice job those gators (We have crocodiles in Australia.) are a bit to big but overall nice tiles screen layout but I'm not sure about the 2x2 flower through.

You did improve your screenshot Yoshidude, but I agree it's too "green"
My vote goes to Jupiter, nice job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users