Photo

Screenshot of the Week 289

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: ~ (65 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

Sheik
IPB Image
Finally - my MZC-desert style.

Jupiter
IPB Image
It's different. Different and pink!

Nuvo
IPB Image
Link fights off angry natives while searching for a new ruins site.

Yoshidude
IPB Image
Link enjoys the Lakeside mountain

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

oh gosh i lost icon_sweat.gif but i will vote for nuvo

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:50 PM

Sheik: It's an ideal desert screenshot. Nice.

Jupiter: I love the feel this shot creates. It feels very ancient Japanese-ish.

Nuvo: Perfection.

Yoshidude: It's pretty good, but the water needs more detail.

Really hard for me to decide, but I think I'm going with Jupiter. No, Nuvo. No, gah, why do you both have to have such great screens!

... Jupiter it is. I'm voting now before I change my mind again.

#4 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:50 PM

Sheiks works the best. Jupiter's is fine, but the graphic complement eachother much stronger in Sheiks. The other two are ok, but pale in comparison to the other two.

#5 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:51 PM

I voted for Jupiter. I love the japanese houses and the japanese culture.

#6 Moo2wo

Moo2wo

Yes, you're seeing this.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:00 PM

I love Nuvo's. Keep up the good work.

#7 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:29 PM

A very close call between Sheik and Nuvo. I ultimately went with Nuvo because we hardly see BS shots that outstanding.

Nuvo, I see you like to end other's winstreaks. icon_razz.gif I'm just kidding.

#8 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:36 PM

i voted for sheik because i just really like the look of the desert tiles. i think they really fit perfectly in that screenshot. still, nice job to all of you.

#9 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:25 PM

These were all some pretty good shots. I had a tough time deciding between Shiek and Nuvo. I eventually decided on Nuvo, it amazed me a BS shot could be so good (I normally hate BS shots.)

#10 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

yeah, i agree. well, too late to change now. congratulations to you all, you all win in my opinion. -awards medal to all-

#11 Jupiter

Jupiter

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

While I've seen and commented on all of these in one form or another before on the forums, I think that in the short time I've been around this site, this is the best all around batch of shots I've seen. Each of them is really good (maybe excepting that second one) and each uses a different tileset---which is pretty cool.

Sheik: It's flawless as usual. It's got a nice, natural looking layout. And I really like the bold colors of the palette. An alternate cactus tile wouldn't hurt (the prickly-pear or saquaro like one), but no real complaints.

Jupiter: I think this looks better in the palette I submitted it in with the squirrels...but I am glad that I again did something out of the norm in multiple ways.

Nuvo: This shot should win. It's a really good use of the BS tileset. It's really interesting and engaging and instantly creates a strong mood. Plus I'm a sucker for overhangs. I think maybe that water could be a little bit lighter since it is supposed to be shallow, but it's ok as is.

Yoshidude: This is the first shot I had seen from you and its impressively good. It's too bad that your more recent version that you've been working on today was not ready to submit, because I think that shot would compete for the crown...but I have no doubt that we'll see more good stuff from you.

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Apr 26 2010, 05:29 PM) View Post

Nuvo, I see you like to end other's winstreaks. icon_razz.gif I'm just kidding.

Hey! Yeah--damn you Nuvo! icon_lol.gif

#12 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:34 PM

I voted for Jupiter. Looks great, and those Japanese houses are awesome looking.

#13 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:11 PM

Voted for Jupiter. The graphics has a bit too much contrast in styles, but I like it. Sheik's is great too, but as previously stated I'm not a fan of those dune tiles at all. They're good, but you can very easily look at them the wrong way so it looks strange...When I look at it, it's like an optical illusion. icon_deformed.gif

Nuvo: I like the concept, but I've never been a fan of the BS style. Mainly the palette.

yoshidude: It's an okay shot, but it seems more like one that you'd see on an average overworld rather than one you'd enter in a contest. If that makes sense.

EDIT: Added input to the other two screens.

Edited by Rem, 26 April 2010 - 10:13 PM.

#14 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:41 AM

Sheik: ...but it's not like it's possible to create any other deserts with that tileset oO
Jupiter: While I do like the idea, my eyes hurt from such style-clash D: Really, nice concept and such, but such clashy graphics all together are evil even in DoR =(
Nuvo: Had I voted, it would have been for you. You deserve to win this contest, for, like 100%. It's one of the best shots I've seen on the forums. And it is almost standard BS, which actually has to look boring and such, but with your magic it's a pleasure to look at.
yoshidude: While the general layout is good, there are certain things that bug me. One would be the mountain-layout where they cross each other in this fairly odd way and another would be walkabilty of the edges of the screen. I'd say it's a good idea to have to tiles wide of walking space for Link on every tile which he is able to enter the screen from, otherwise it's quite fustrating getting blocked off all the time.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Jupiter, if I was adding the GB cactii, I would have terrible style-clash again (which I hate). I could use the FS cactii, though, but I was to lazy to rip them I guess. ...actually, I'm not even too sure about the SD3-sand, maybe FS, aLttP, GB or Pure sand would work better here. Dunno.

Edited by Sheik, 27 April 2010 - 08:26 AM.

#15 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:00 AM

Sheik, I'll point you in the direction of some good cactii and misc sand detail tiles from FSA in a couple of hours, when I get back from footy training. I'll shoot you a PM then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users