Photo

Screenshot of the Week Christmas Special!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Poll: ~ (32 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:41 AM

We had a great turnout this year, and the quality of shots here is great! Remember that voting will end early on Friday, December 25. That being said, on with the contest!

LostInHyrule
IPB Image
Ahhh, there's no place like home for the holidays... even if that home is secluded in a dangerous mountain range.

Sheik
IPB Image
Happy Holidays everyone! And watch out for snowballs!

Silver
IPB Image
The best gifts are those that can't be bought.

Rem
IPB Image
All the Hylians down in Hyrule liked Christmas a lot. But Ganon, who lived just North of Hyrule, did not. "Fah-who-fore-ey, Dah-who-dore-eh, Welcome, Christmas come this way."

Ebola Zaire
IPB Image
The dry, biting wind sang a mournful song as it echoed through the valley. Even the hero found himself chilled to the soul, as if an unearthly presence descended upon him...

#2 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:03 PM

I like them all! Too bad you can only vote for one.

All of them exhibit a screen design that is tasteful and pleasing to the eyes. They are neither too boring nor too over the top, and they all stick to the Christmas and/or Winter Spirit. It also goes to show that there is more than one right way to eat a Reeses. Um, I mean, more than one right palette.

Out of 10 ratings:
LostInHyrule - 7/10
Sheik - 8/10
Silver - 7/10
Rem - 7/10
Ebola Zaire - 7/10

My gameball goes to Sheik. It really wins on personality, and has a great sense of humor to it without the need for words. Rarely do we get to see that in a screenshot. It certainly isn't a requirement, but it is one of those things that can be great to see when it comes around. It also looks like it would be really fun to play.

#3 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:40 PM

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! (Well, a bit early but I felt like.)

Ebola, can you edit the 'Caption:' out under my screen? I bugs me :l No big deal, though. Thanks. I nulled, by the way, since I am in the poll. You all know that attitude on mine already, so yeah.
These shots are great but I must admit that I would've loved to see screens from other screen-designers, too. So I am a bit disappointed, but only a bit. We'll see what next week brings, won't we?

LostInHyrule: Solid GB-screen. There is an error with the mountains in the top right cornor, though.
Sheik: Ugly snowball custom tiles.
Silver: The brown looks kinda out of place. I... dunno. Other than that and some open cornors it's good none the less.
Rem: I would've loved to see more of the GB-trees on the sides. But it has the greatest Christmas-feeling out of all.
EbolaZaire: Is this a custom palette? I love it. Do you mind if I use it sometime? It's a great GB-screen but the BS-borders and the high quality ice-tiles just don't go for me.

That's it from me.

Edited by Sheik, 21 December 2009 - 12:49 PM.

#4 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:01 PM

Since its actually a palette I adapted from DoR (and therefore not mine), you can use it, but I had to edit a lot of the tiles that use brown to get it to work right.

#5 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Dec 21 2009, 07:01 PM) View Post

Since its actually a palette I adapted from DoR (and therefore not mine), you can use it, but I had to edit a lot of the tiles that use brown to get it to work right.

Thank you very much. This will come in handy... However, good idea to take DoR palettes and edit them to the needs of GB. I wonder why I never got that idea.

#6 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:18 PM

I voted for LostInHyrule. It looks really nice! icon_thumbsup.gif

#7 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:29 PM

Ebola Zaire. That palette's fantastic!

#8 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:40 PM

On a normal week, would've voted for Ebola Zaire. However, it's only barely Christmas-y, and Sheik's shot beats it out in personality tenfold. I nulled since I entered, but I would've voted for Sheik.

Best of luck to all entrants!

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:55 PM

LostInHyru1e: Superior design wins here. *votes*
Sheik: Really made me laugh. Link is so dead!
Silver: A very solid screen. It's not bad or anything (actually, it's pretty good), it's just not as good as some of the others.
Rem: Best caption of the week. icon_razz.gif
Ebola: Pretty good, but it really doesn't remind me of Christmas much.

Congrats to everybody! You all did excellently.

#10 KINGOFALLME

KINGOFALLME

Junior

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:05 PM

In the end, after thinking just a little bit, I gave my vote to LIH.

#11 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:09 PM

Null'd. Would've voted for Sheik. I lol'd on that one. icon_razz.gif

#12 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:42 PM

Yeah, I guess I might've taken too much of a risk with mine by making the palette like it was. My intent was to make it a little bit like a different side of the season, where it's just bitter cold and dreary with no snow. I definitely think that Sheik has the best shot this week and would have voted there had I not nulled. It's very creative (snowball fight ftw!) and the screen design is great. icon_clap.gif Well done. I also think that LostInHyrule had an excellent entry, but the palette is a little bit to contrasted for me.

#13 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:57 PM

I voted for Sheik, it's both a well designed screen and a great concept! icon_thumbsup.gif
QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Dec 22 2009, 05:40 AM) View Post
On a normal week, would've voted for Ebola Zaire. However, it's only barely Christmas-y, and Sheik's shot beats it out in personality tenfold. I nulled since I entered, but I would've voted for Sheik.

QUOTE(Russ @ Dec 22 2009, 05:55 AM) View Post
Ebola: Pretty good, but it really doesn't remind me of Christmas much.

Hmmm. I disagree. I mean, if I had entered this, and was to show you my representation of Christmas, I would have shown you what Christmas I like over here. That means it is the middle of summer. It is scorching hot having lunch in often 40 degree Celsius (over 100 degree Fahrenheit) heat. There ain't no snow here, thats for sure. My shot would have been comprised of people down the river or the beach, having a barbecue. icon_wink.gif

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Christmas means many things to many people, not just snowballs, presents and ham.

#14 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:52 PM

Between LIH and Ebola, I chose Ebola's shot for one reason. It reminds me so much of my tileset, Simplicity (I know its GBC...but meh). Not accusing, but dang the shot looks so nice, and inspires a new palette for me.

#15 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE(jimmyb @ Dec 21 2009, 04:57 PM) View Post

I voted for Sheik, it's both a well designed screen and a great concept! icon_thumbsup.gif
Hmmm. I disagree. I mean, if I had entered this, and was to show you my representation of Christmas, I would have shown you what Christmas I like over here. That means it is the middle of summer. It is scorching hot having lunch in often 40 degree Celsius (over 100 degree Fahrenheit) heat. There ain't no snow here, thats for sure. My shot would have been comprised of people down the river or the beach, having a barbecue. icon_wink.gif

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Christmas means many things to many people, not just snowballs, presents and ham.

Lol yeah I go down the beach for a BBQ and a swim at Christmas. Voted for Sheik its the not the most Christmas-y (Rem's is first Sheik's close to second) but most creative icon_thumbsup.gif.

Edited by Midnight_King, 21 December 2009 - 07:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users