Photo

Screenshot of the Week 273

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 273 (46 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:36 PM

skateboarder11
IPB Image
comment

dragonsword
IPB Image
It seems Link must always throw himself into the belly of a tree, even if Link himself is made of stone!

Lord Settra!
IPB Image
Link's House

Migokalle
IPB Image
Link sets this place on fire... literally. Behold the power of The Hylian Phoenix!

Kenster
IPB Image
Make a Wish

#2 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:50 PM

I voted for Migokalle. It looks just plain awesome! icon_thumbsup.gif

#3 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:59 PM

I voted for Migo. It just seems more detailed and complete than the others.

#4 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:01 PM

I voted for Skateboarder11. It's really stuff like this that can really make the Pure set shine.

#5 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:10 PM

I like Migokalle's shot alot.
Best impressive one here.

#6 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

icon_lol.gif I honestly can't remember who I voted for. It was either skate, or Migo. Well, either way, good job to them two anyways. I may come back with comments later. Maybe by then I'll know who I voted for. XD

#7 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

skateboarder11 - 7/10
A good winter and dungeon entrance screenshot. I'm not a fan of the background going all the way to the bottom of the screen though, assuming it isn't a floating island in the sky. But otherwise, not bad. Details in general are good.

dragonsword - 6/10
It's actually not too bad for a classic screen. It has a good sense of purpose for simple graphics. I would even go as far as to say that it has enough detail for how it is put together.

Lord Settra! - 5/10
An okay town shot. The grass could use something more than just a solid green, and the gardens aren't the most appealing to me. A few of the details at the top end of the screen next to the cliff look like they are just randomly thrown in, lacking a sense of purpose to their placement.

Migokalle - 8/10
It has many elements of a great dungeon entrance screenshot. Very well done, Migokalle!

Kenster - 4/10
It's very bland, is the first thing I noticed. But I wouldn't call it a total loss either. It looks like an incomplete screen to base something greater off of. Those ridge tops could at least use a rock or pebbles here or there, and the lower ground could certainly use more than what is there. What is best about the screen is the shaping of the foundational elements, including the waterfall, mountains, and grass types partition. It all needs to be spiced up more. Basic foundation alone doesn't make a screen good, but it is still something to continue to work with.

#8 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:27 PM

Captain Migo gets my vote.

#9 eNJuR

eNJuR

Junior

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

I nulled. But everyone (besides myself... icon_frown.gif ) has great shots:

Skateboarder11: Nice layout, but two questions, It seems like there is a giant pillar with no other mountains around (part of the pillars sunk a little) is that intentional? 2. Why is it in every game there are some trees covered in snow while right next to them, the trees are bright and happy? (answer: adds variety, I guess.)

LordSettra!: I think it looks nice, but too organized. (you'd think there would be a little disorder at the house of a guy who goes to distant lands for years to slay evil?)

Migo: Very nice, not sure I know what link's doing (Link, your in a ancient dungeon. Unleash the power of a super artifact that can surely destroy the place whilst you're inside!) but cool.

Kenster: It looks almost... Incomplete, but It does have nice what it has. (I think that tektite might be a spy)

#10 Prophecy Face

Prophecy Face

Junior

• Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:45 PM

I voted for skateboarder11. Nice Pure screen.

#11 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:39 AM

Voted for Skateboarder. The old-style Pure shots just really appeal to me. Migo's came in close second. Really nice, but you can't beat good old-fashioned Pure. icon_razz.gif

#12 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:06 AM

skateboarder11:
9/10 - Wow, I have no chance against your screenshot. A perfect winter-landscap with background and a secret HCP below the dungeon entrance, very nice.^^

dragonsword:
5/10 - I don't really like the classic-tileset, but this screenshot is not bad. :-)

Lord Settra!:
Yeah, that's me. XD

Migokalle:
7/10 - I'm not a fan of dungeon-screenshots, but this pic is good. Is this a cutscene or din's fire? :-)

Kenster:
3/10 - I'm sory, but there are too less details. Some trees, etc. would be nice. But when I think about my first Quest is your pic a masterpiece. ;-)

#13 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE(Lord Settra! @ Sep 15 2009, 01:06 PM) View Post
skateboarder11:
9/10 - Wow, I have no chance against your screenshot. A perfect winter-landscap with background and a secret HCP below the dungeon entrance, very nice.^^

dragonsword:
5/10 - I don't really like the classic-tileset, but this screenshot is not bad. :-)

Lord Settra!:
Yeah, that's me. XD

Migokalle:
7/10 - I'm not a fan of dungeon-screenshots, but this pic is good. Is this a cutscene or din's fire? :-)

Kenster:
3/10 - I'm sory, but there are too less details. Some trees, etc. would be nice. But when I think about my first Quest is your pic a masterpiece. ;-)

It's none of those things... it's the Hylian Phoenix, and it's a scripted item icon_smile.gif

#14 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:42 AM

Oh, ok.^^
When is your Quest playable? :-D

#15 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE(Lord Settra! @ Sep 15 2009, 01:42 PM) View Post
Oh, ok.^^
When is your Quest playable? :-D
That is a little off-topic, and might have been better off with a PM... but since we're already talking about it...

I'm not sure when it'll be done, but there's a demo in my QPF icon_wink.gif

Anyways, if I wasn't in this one, I'd have voted for skateboarder icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users