Photo

Screenshot of the Week 272

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Poll: ~ (42 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:55 PM

MrMister
IPB Image
Another Travels screen!

skateboarder11
IPB Image
I DON'T KNOW4444;

Lord Settra!
IPB Image
Selfmade subscreen.

#2 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:04 PM

MrMister - 8/10
Absolutely well done again for something that uses all commonly seen graphics! Very tasteful, and the perfect amount of detail.

skateboarder11 - 7/10
A well done dungeon screen. There is plenty going on, and it speaks for itself, not requiring a complex description.

Lord Settra! - 5/10
An interesting subscreen, but I am not seeing the practicality behind having so many equippable item categories. Perhaps I just don't get the organization. It doesn't look bad in appearance, though.

Vote goes to MrMister again.

#3 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:46 AM

Oh come on, nobody like my screenshots and maps... XD

#4 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:39 AM

Lord Settra! That is cool. Nice job on the subscreen.

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:15 AM

AN ALL PURE SOTW! I LOVE IT! icon_biggrin.gif

Voted for skateboarder11!

MrMr - (7/10)
It's nice overall, but your ground could use some work.

skateboarder11 - (8/10)

Awesome dungeon design, but maybe use more than just the blue color of the dungeon. Maybe use a different Cset for the floor.

Lord Settra! - (3/10)
It's a nice subscreen, but there's nothing that makes it different than any other subscreen that was made. All I see are just frames, frames, and more frames. A subscreen background could have been nice.

Edited by Dawnlight, 07 September 2009 - 09:15 AM.

#6 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:36 AM

Null'd. Nothing too eye-catching this time around. icon_shrug.gif

#7 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:03 AM

I voted for MrMister - while none really caught my eye, yours appeals to me the most right now.

#8 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:14 AM

MrMister: I like it very much. You did a great job of decorating it. icon_thumbsup.gif
Skateboarder11: Cool dungeon shot! Looks pretty interesting! *votes*
Lord Settra!: It's nice, but I really don't think subscreens belong in SotW.

#9 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Sep 7 2009, 10:15 AM) View Post
Maybe use a different Cset for the floor.

I actually gave this a shot, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to get it to work, with the lower level and all. :/ A brown floor would blend in too much with the floor borders, and gray just didn't look very appealing.

I suppose I could do a little bit of water palette tweaking, however... we'll have to see how that goes, first.

#10 Alex-Link

Alex-Link

Alex-Link

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:23 PM

MrMister--I don't like those blue trees, but other than that it's a good screenshot

skateboarder11--while the depth of the water where Link is at is used wrong, it's an awesome dungeon screenshot! *votes*

Lord Settra!--the background is too black for my taste...

#11 MrMister

MrMister

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:02 PM

I nulled, of course, because of my being in the contest. icon_razz.gif

skateboarder11 - Wow I definitely got some competition with this shot! Great dungeon design overall, my only complaint is that the NE corner is a little plain.

Lord Settra! - Subscreens don't really appeal to me, plus it's not really good for a SoTW shot.

#12 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:25 PM

I voted for MrMister. I'm starting to have a little crush on the Pure tileset.

skateboarder11 - I really like the screen. Reminds me of that water dungeon LTTP had in the darkworld. Nice use of the graphics.What bugs me a little is that chest in the corner. =p

Lord Settra - I really didn't like this at all. Yes it's a subscreen, but its a subscreen we have all seen already with frames. There is nothing really special about it or unique to even be in SOTW. Sorry for the bluntness.

#13 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:31 PM

Figured I should give some input on the other shots, as well.

MrMister: I'm honestly somewhat impressed by this. It makes PTUX look rather appealing, even - I wasn't a fan at all of the "default" normal grass, and it eventually frustrated me back into PTU v2.2. The fence looks only slightly out of place... though I haven't seen the rest of your overworld - it could make sense.

Settra: I'm honestly a bit thrown off by this subscreen. icon_shrug.gif I can't understand the organization. I'd have to see it in action, perhaps.

Also, responding to a few comments on my shot.

QUOTE(Alex-Link @ Sep 7 2009, 02:23 PM) View Post
the depth of the water where Link is at is used wrong

I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Could you clarify a bit more, perhaps?

QUOTE(MrMister @ Sep 7 2009, 07:02 PM) View Post
my only complaint is that the NE corner is a little plain.

I suppose I could give a few floating objects a shot. I'm not quite sure how I'd go about them, and it's supposed to be a lower level in the dungeon... so I might run into coloring issues. Any other suggestions?

#14 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:57 PM

MrMister: For some reason, that reminds of the quest "Link's Birthday". I love that screen.

skateborder11: Very nice dungeon screen.

Settra: That's an amazing subscreen. If only I couldn't understand how to use it. icon_razz.gif

Tough to decide, but I'm going for skateborder, since it's so well designed.

#15 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:01 PM

MrMister: Simple, solid pure shot. Nothing to complain about, really. Maybe some flowers on the ground, but nothing else. *Votes*

skateboarder11: A solid pure dungeon screenie. Nicely done! I can't think of anything wrong with it, but that...stuff beside the blown-open wall seems kinda off to me. Other than that, pretty good.

Lord Settra!: I'm not too fond of subscreen screenshots for SotW. It's okay, but I find the placement of the frames on the right sort of random, with all the different frames and what-not. Also, like others have pointed out, it's nothing really too different in terms of subscreens. Perhaps a BG of some variety? I'm not too sure. But good try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users