Photo

Screenshot of the Week 269

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 269 (38 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:58 PM

Migokalle
IPB Image
Woo! TIC TAC TO-- oh, hey... yeah, I sent in a shot.

Angeal
IPB Image
Well, this Temple really doesn't look like a temple at all, but more like a dungeon. icon_eek.gif

Rem
IPB Image
Trying my hand with DoR. I'm aware how off balance it looks, but I couldn't find anything to fix it...Oh, well.

dlbrooks34
IPB Image
First SotW in a LONG time.

Sorry, my days are all goofed up, I thought yesterday was Saturday, and today was Sunday. icon_confused.gif My apologies...

#2 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:03 PM

I null-voted, but all the other shots look great. I have a feeling I'll be losing this SotW, but its ok, I haven't done it in awhile.

Migokalle: Awesome dungeon shot 10/10!
Angeal: Another good dungeon shot, but the room seems void, like they did on the GBC Zelda games. Still 9/10 though =).
Rem: Pretty good over-world shot 9/10.

#3 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:12 PM

I don't even know how you did it, but I love your shot, dlbrooks. So I voted for you. There's just an air to it that makes it feel special.

Edited by Nuvo, 17 August 2009 - 05:13 PM.

#4 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:38 PM

Migokalle: Not too crowded but not too empty, love the floor.

Angeal: Needs more ground detail.

Rem: Looks good, but I don't actually have any comments on it.

dlbrooks34: Seems like something is missing, maybe put something on the top-left ledge.

Migokalle it is.

#5 Alex-Link

Alex-Link

Alex-Link

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(Nuvo @ Aug 17 2009, 05:12 PM) View Post

I don't even know how you did it, but I love your shot, dlbrooks. So I voted for you. There's just an air to it that makes it feel special.

I agree, my vote goes for dlbrooks as well.
Migokalle-hmmm it looks a bit dull
Angeal-it definitely needs more detail
Rem-my 2nd option, it looks good actually icon_thumbsup.gif

#6 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:08 PM

Although, i'm a fan of AKTTH and i like how the floor is mixed with the sand, i'm going to have to go with Dlbrooks because of the atmosphere and design the screen has.

Great shots this weeks icon_thumbsup.gif

Edited by Christian, 17 August 2009 - 06:09 PM.

#7 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:37 PM

Well, any shots you see from me during this time are from my Hidden Duality remake, so currently, I am only updating what is currently there. No updates from the original except for graphics. Plus, how the hell are you supposed to have more "ground detail" in a dungeon shot?

#8 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:49 PM

What I meant was, like maybe edit a few of those dungeon tiles so they all don't look the same, and maybe add a few more useless statues or torches or something; you know, so its not just one big tiled room.

#9 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:28 PM

Ah, alright, that's all I wanted was a little explanation on what was meant. That's something I was planning on doing. I will be going through this dungeon, and updating rooms, so they are more detailed. Thanks. Didn't mean to sound so grumpy either. icon_ohmy.gif

#10 MrMister

MrMister

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:19 AM

Sweet jebus! Migokalle that has to be the perfect sand temple screenshot! *votes*

Migokalle - icon_awesome.gif

Angeal - Solid shot, I see the remake is coming along nicely.

Rem - Good detail for a test shot. May I suggest using the more detailed grass though?

dlbrooks34 - Would've been my second choice, but I just hate the mountain style. :\

#11 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:22 PM

I voted for Migokalle. It looks really nice for a dungeon.

#12 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:35 PM

I am trying this new blackjack rating system when it comes to details. The higher the number, the more detailed it is, with anything greater than 21 meaning it is overdone (thus busted). 21 is essentially just enough that anything more would be too much, being the top of the bell curve.

Migokalle - 8/10
Blackjack Detail Rating - 20 (very high)
Looks like gameplay at its finest. The shape of the room and the walls look amazing.

Angeal - 8/10
Blackjack Detail Rating - 18 (high)
A masterfully redone room. I recognize that room from Hidden Duality. The darker complexion adds that more dungeon-like touch to Historia. If this gets finished, I will be very enthusiastic about playing it.

Rem - 6/10
Blackjack Detail Rating - 23 (busted)
The trees are nice. However, the ground on the upper ledge doesn't look detailed in the right sort of way. It doesn't look like the natural overworld kind of detail for at least the right half of the upper ledge. Perhaps a little more emphasis on grass details with less of the flowers and slash bushes will help improve it. Perhaps sticking to just one slash bush type and just one flower type might improve the image too. Sometimes less can be more, believe it or not. It just looks like the screen is trying too hard, if you know what I mean.

dlbrooks34 - 7/10
Blackjack Detail Rating - 17 (moderate)
This is one of many decent examples of what I meant by ground details being done the right away, mainly the grass and sand. However, if the coastline could be just very slightly unstraightened, that may help things. It also seems a bit too overcrowded with slash bushes. The one near the stairs seems to be there on purpose, but perhaps at least one that is closer to the water should be removed. Also see what it looks like with just two palm trees on that beach (perhaps the one between the other two?). But back to the plus side: This is what I think is good grass detail. Using just one type of flower and just one type of grass blades, distributed well. Not too simple, and not too complicated, but still with potential.

Tie breaker vote goes to Migokalle, for more originality and a more unique subscreen.

#13 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:55 AM

Voted for REM, I just like this design of the screen and it is very well detailed. The others shots are too generic for me, though they're truly good looking. I recognize that screen, Angeal. icon_smile.gif

(And REM, don't wonder like: "wherez mah frekkin vote", since I already voted few days ago. icon_razz.gif)

#14 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:32 PM

Migokalle - 18 votes = [56.25%]
Angeal - 5 votes = [15.62%]
Rem - 2 votes = [6.25%]
dlbrooks34 - 7 votes = [21.88%]
Total Votes: 32

Migokalle
IPB Image
Woo! TIC TAC TO-- oh, hey... yeah, I sent in a shot.

Congratulations Migokalle! His strategy of not losing has led him to victory!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users