Photo

Screenshot of the Week 234

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 234 (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite screenshot!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:41 AM

blaman
IPB Image
If I had something original to put here, I would have put it here...

Evile
IPB Image
DETILED!

SerpitaX
IPB Image
Traveling through an eternal winter, our hero finds himself at the Frozen Sanctuary, where he will finally dispell of the evilness within Hyrule.

#2 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:43 AM

Evile! No DOUBT!
though, Blaman's is very nice... Serpita's is not. I just don't like it, and as I've siad before: Small trees does NOT fit in DoR at ALL!

#3 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:51 AM

I'm going with Evile, no doubt. The screen design is good, as well as those stunning graphics. I love Stockwell's house, but it doesn't look good in those dull brown colours, liven it up a little. All in all, great though.

#4 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:06 AM

Evile no doubt. It looks like an IaN shot.

#5 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:21 AM

Oh boy, Evile. I like the pagoda, but....it just seems a little bit messy. Other than that you get my vote. But, we should recognize BLaman an dSerpitX's shots because they took the time to create them with effort.

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:14 AM

blaman:
Very good Pure screen. It seemed a bit empty at first, but after all more land types are covered and there's even a bombable wall.

Evile:
Good MC screen, altough I never liked these kind of palettes. The house is what I like the most. I like the dirt, too, but it doesn't seem to fit this MC-ness, it's rather realistic, M&B-ish.

SerpitaX:
Now that's what I call perfect snow area! Good layout, design, detailing and that ice covered statue entrance really adds to the good feeling.

My vote goes to... SerpitaX.

#7 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:22 AM

I voted for Evile, I love Minish Cap graphics. icon_biggrin.gif

#8 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:43 AM

My vote is Null I can't choose.

#9 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:00 AM

Serpitax all the way. Something about detailed snow shots really speak to me. It's a little hard to see Link in the blizzard, but not TOO hard, and unlike some people I think the small trees go very well in DoR. icon_smile.gif

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:30 AM

First off, congrats to everybody. Wonderful screenshots.

Second, I'm voting for Evile, just because I like that tileset.

#11 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE(Schwa @ Oct 27 2008, 03:00 PM) View Post

Serpitax all the way. Something about detailed snow shots really speak to me. It's a little hard to see Link in the blizzard, but not TOO hard, and unlike some people I think the small trees go very well in DoR. icon_smile.gif

Then you should look at the NTAeL thread!(see siggy)

Blaman [9/10]: Good pure screen, adventurous in the way I like it. I voted for you.
Evile[9/10]: Nice graphics, but I think you're winning because of the graphics and not the screendesign for to many times now. Palette is not so nice either as I said somewhere before, your other palettes are better.
SerpitaX[7.5/10]: It's very nice, but the grass borders on LttP mountains are green suddenly and the design is a little bit bland. Somehow the design is off, I think it's because the mountains placement and the dirt on the sides...

So I vote for Blaman's screen, 'cause I love his screens. Evile' is a very close second and SerpitaX' is very good too.

#12 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:46 AM

Tough choice, but Evile wins my vote.

#13 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE(Schwa @ Oct 27 2008, 08:00 AM) View Post

Meh, a shot with white grass isn't a "detailed" snow shot... I've got a more finished map of this, but not on this computer, sadly:
http://i4.photobucke.../zelda003-3.gif
Now, what do you think? THAT's how to make snow areas in DoR... at least that's my way of doing it.

#14 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:37 AM

I voted for SerpitaX. It was a hard choice between Evile and SerpitaX. But, the winter scene sucked me in. icon_razz.gif

#15 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Oct 27 2008, 04:30 PM) View Post

Meh, a shot with white grass isn't a "detailed" snow shot... I've got a more finished map of this, but not on this computer, sadly:
http://i4.photobucke.../zelda003-3.gif
Now, what do you think? THAT's how to make snow areas in DoR... at least that's my way of doing it.

I personally got to say that my snowy areas are better than yours because I so, SO much details. Not just random, "click here, click there" type of detailing, I really spend some time on what to place there and I don't place detail randomly, all of my screens are bound to have variation. Your map is REALLY good though, I don't intend to offend you, since it's just my personal taste. You also placed to many of those snowballs next to each other, which I don't use btw. I think the snowballs in DoR are stupid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users