Photo

Screenshot of the Week 223

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Poll: SoTW 223 (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:42 PM

Ebola Zaire
IPB Image
"Got Moblins in your forest? No problem! Just call the experts at Link's Pest Removal! We'll set up a total care package that works for you with highly competitive rates and undeniable service! Using our patented "Magic Wood Sword," we can GANNON-BAN those persistent peripatetics straight into the EVIL JAR! Call today, and remember- A skunk sat on a stump and thunk the stump stunk, but the stump thunk the skunk stunk."

gray0x
IPB Image
"I made a screen. hooray. "

TriMaster001
IPB Image
"You don't need fancy gimmicky graphics to make great screens."

#2 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:45 PM

Let's see who's honest enough to vote for the 4 color GB shot :O

Ebola - Nice screen. That's all I can say, really. It's just great.
TM - Pretty basic dungeon screen. I'm sure it's very playable, but it's like I've seen the same thing so many times before.

Edited by gray0x, 10 August 2008 - 09:46 PM.

#3 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

Ebola- *vote* Good looking screen. A little too much is obscured by the overhangs, but it's good enough to take the week.

Gray0x- a little plain. The lack-of-color is getting a little old, so if you're going to win it has to be by design and the design here is nothing special. Not a bad shot, but nothing special.

TriMaster- good screen, and I'm sure playing a dungeon full of equivalent shots would be very fun. However, it's hard to grab me with a dungeon shot and this one isn't really special enough to do so. Good screen, but once again nothing too special.

#4 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:07 PM

Nice screens!

Ebola Zaire: A very nice shot, it would have gotten my vote if it didn't look so crowded.

Gray0x: It has a nice pallet, and nice basic screen design, but their is nothing too interesting.

TM: "Vote" a interesting screen, and I enjoy the color of it.

Once again, nice job. icon_thumbsup.gif

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:11 PM

Ebola Zaire gets my Vote.

Ebola Zaire
- Amazing! My only complaint is that your caption is probably the longest SotW caption I've ever seen. I'm actually curious on how the SS would add that to the site.

gray0x - Nothing more to say but great shot.

TriMaster001 - Great, people still think of me as a generic Pure Shot that is nothing special at all icon_frown.gif.

Just so you know, I'm liking all of these shots. They all truly show that you don't need flashy gimmicky graphics to be a great shot. EZ's shot takes full advantage of DoR, gray0x's takes full of advantage of 4 color GB shots, and I take advantage of PTUX. (Although NOBODY likes my graphic style icon_frown.gif )

Nice Show Everyone!

Edited by TriMaster001, 10 August 2008 - 10:11 PM.

#6 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:12 PM

Ebola Zaire: I like it, but I didn't like it at the same time-I've seen things like this before. But I like the caption, and the trees. It's a very detailed shot.
grayOx:I like the font-it's just like the one in Link's Awakening. BTW, three zeroes?!? who's going to have that many bombs or keys?!? icon_biggrin.gif
TriMaster001:Eh, it's pretty common. I Could probably pull this off-if I only knew how to use 2.5... icon_frown.gif

#7 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(T. Platinum @ Aug 10 2008, 10:12 PM) View Post

TriMaster001:Eh, it's pretty common. I Could probably pull this off-if I only knew how to use 2.5... icon_frown.gif

I find that comment pretty offensive. And bit too cokcy. icon_frown.gif

#8 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE(T. Platinum @ Aug 10 2008, 10:12 PM) View Post

gray0x (THATS A ZERO!):I like the font-it's just like the one in Link's Awakening. BTW, three zeroes?!? who's going to have that many bombs or keys?!? icon_biggrin.gif

Bombs yes, I plan on using a crapload of bombs. Keys, well, it looks nicer. :o

Edited by gray0x, 10 August 2008 - 10:18 PM.

#9 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

T.P: Okay. First off, you don't need to know how to use 2.5 to be able to pull off this kind of stuff. Also, actions speak louder than words, so make a damn good dungeon shot yourself without saying that you could do the same with your minimal knowledge. We don't exactly, at least, I don't, doubt your abilities, because I won't judge until I've seen you make something, but you're basically making yourself sound elitist doing so.

I'm going to null vote here- I'm not really interested in anyone's sides today.

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:10 PM

I'm voting for Ebola. I really like that screen, and although the other two had great screen design, Ebola's palette caught me eye.

Also, Ebola's has the best caption.

#11 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:16 PM

Well T. Platinum, I know if that were my shot, my feelings would have been hurt by your uneducated post.

#12 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:22 PM

I'm sorry you guys-It wasn't my intention to offend anyone...
But all of you are right-that comment was brash and uncalled for.
Apology?

#13 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:37 AM

Ebola:

Very detailed and nicely designed. I like. icon_smile.gif *votes*

gray0x:

Nothing at all wrong here. Nice and simple GB screen. Good job. icon_thumbsup.gif

TriMaster001:

Should I even bother complaining about floor borders? No one seems to care...Oh well, at least you didn't try to surround the statue with borders. icon_razz.gif

#14 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:43 AM

TriMaster, that is a nice shot... it's just... I'd like to see something that ISN'T blue from you. xD
Anyways, Ebola's got me... why? I love his style... I love MY style, and his style is LIKE my style, so I LOVE his style... votes votes....
gray0x, your shot are okay too, but sadly, it doesen't catch my attention like the virus man does... sorry.

#15 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Aug 11 2008, 03:37 AM) View Post

TriMaster001:

Should I even bother complaining about floor borders? No one seems to care...Oh well, at least you didn't try to surround the statue with borders. icon_razz.gif

I tried that with all different kinds of borders. And trust me, it looks too ugly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users