Photo

Screenshot of the Week 218

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

Poll: SoTW 218 (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:58 PM

AntonJ3000
IPB Image
Link is sneaking around on other people's privacy again."

LostInHyru1e
IPB Image
"あなたのお母さんです。"

ZebraStallion
IPB Image
"Link stares out into the horizon wondering what hardships he will face next. It's a good thing he isn't afraid of hights."

#2 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:17 PM

Nulled vote.

Anton- Shot lacks detail, design, and really any sense of anything going on. Try not to use the same tile so repetitively, and add elevation to spice things up.

Me- Shot sorta sucks, I entered because I was bored and there weren't enough shots.

ZebraStallion- The background is great, and the palette is decent as well. But what's on the ground(the tree clumps) are kind of lazily put together, and it looks way too much like all those shots Tri keeps showing us. Not a bad shot at all, but ground design could be better.

EDIT: Yippie, I have 1 vote. icon_smile.gif

EDIT AGAIN: By the way, thanks for editing in my caption, /M/. icon_smile.gif

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 06 July 2008 - 06:20 PM.

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:27 PM

Anton - See LiH's Comment

LostinHyru1e - "Your Mother" Keeping it Pure! I love the design! Well done! icon_smile.gif :vote: 模倣!

ZebraStallion - uhhh....

IPB Image

I see you got A LOT of inspiration. icon_blink.gif

I'm guessing it's from Moe321 and PieMaster002

#4 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(TriMaster001 @ Jul 6 2008, 08:27 PM) View Post

IPB Image

You didn't know?

ZC plagiarism is the new thing now days.

I was going to vote for ZebraStallion but it seems a bit .. plagiarized?

[nullz]

#5 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE(TriMaster001 @ Jul 6 2008, 07:27 PM) View Post

Anton - See LiH's Comment

LostinHyru1e - "Your Mother" Keeping it Pure! I love the design! Well done! icon_smile.gif :vote: 模倣!

ZebraStallion - uhhh....

IPB Image

edit: I removed this post due to a misunderstanding. I am very sorry to Trimaster.

Edited by ZebraStallion, 06 July 2008 - 10:25 PM.

#6 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:00 PM

AntonJ3000- 5/10
It's square and thoroughly uninteresting. For starters, I'd say use something other than the default grass tile, don't be so heavy on the tall grass, and try not to make everything so square. Other than that, use the Official Screenshot Thread liberally.
LostinHyrule- 7/10
Not bad, but the palette, like most winter palettes, is too monochromatic.
ZebraStallion- 7/10
Again, it's alright, but the random tree usage kinda kills it for me. I'd suggest you limit yourself to 2 varieties of small tree max for most areas.

I decided to vote LiH because it has better design than ZebraStallion's.

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:04 PM

Anton: Good caption, bad screen. It needs more detail.
LostInHyru1e: Nice Pure winter shot. *Votes* By the way, does the caption mean anything?
ZebraStallion: A lovely screen, and it would have gotten my vote had it not been for the clump of trees at the bottom. Use the bursh instead of huge tree clumps.

I think this week's captions are as good as its screenshots. icon_smile.gif

#8 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE(ZebraStallion @ Jul 6 2008, 09:54 PM) View Post

Okay, JUST because it's also an overlook doesn't mean I copied. I used Evile's mountain tiles also. So what? The only thing alike are Evile's mountains. That's it. I don't see why you have to go and try to embarrass me in front of the whole site by saying that I always copy you and Joe123. Just stop. I don't, okay? If you are "jealous" or something about me having an overlook like you and making your quest, "unoriginal," then that's just a little immature in my opinion. Besides, DarkFlameWolf and Mr. Z also use this concept in their quests. So stop trying to take away my votes.

Settle down, I'm just kidding. And who said I'm taking away your votes and embarrassing you? Your tied up with LiH for the moment. But you gotta admit, you DID get inspiration from me and Joe right? icon_naughty.gif

#9 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(TriMaster001 @ Jul 6 2008, 10:06 PM) View Post

Settle down, I'm just kidding. And who said I'm taking away your votes and embarrassing you? Your tied up with LiH for the moment. But you gotta admit, you DID get inspiration from me and Joe right? icon_naughty.gif

Okay, sorry for the outburst. it's really hard to tell whether your kidding or being serious when I'm reading text. icon_razz.gif

I do get inspiration, but I don't copy. I did have this overlook for a while now. I got the idea from an overlook when looking at Origin's overlook, and then I couldn't find a good backround until I saw your shot. I got the idea to use Evile's mountains (I keep on saying Evile's, are they really Evile's?) from you. But I swear to god I wasn't trying to plagiarize.

Edited by ZebraStallion, 06 July 2008 - 10:11 PM.

#10 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:17 PM

Yeah, these accidents do occur some times. Heck even LiH's screenshot looks a lot like an unreleased shot I made for SoD2.5 Enhanced.

IPB Image

NOTE: It's incomplete.

@Russ: It's "Your Mother" in Japanese.

Edited by TriMaster001, 06 July 2008 - 10:18 PM.

#11 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE(ZebraStallion @ Jul 6 2008, 09:54 PM) View Post
Okay, JUST because it's also an overlook doesn't mean I copied. I used Evile's mountain tiles also. So what? The only thing alike are Evile's mountains. That's it. I don't see why you have to go and try to embarrass me in front of the whole site by saying that I always copy you and Joe123. Just stop. I don't, okay? If you are "jealous" or something about me having an overlook like you and making your quest, "unoriginal," then that's just a little immature in my opinion. Besides, DarkFlameWolf and Mr. Z also use this concept in their quests. So stop trying to take away my votes.
Please think just a little bit before posting- TriMaster001 was simply pointing out a striking similarity between your shots, and responding by accusing TriMaster of jealousy and immaturity is a blatant troll. The fact that you apologized for it goes quite a long way, but that does not excuse your behavior. SotW has seen its fair share of trolling and flaming, and I think we'd all agree that clearing misunderstandings like this up before it comes to shouting would be the best way to handle ourselves in the future. Thanks for taking the time to read this. icon_smile.gif

#12 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jul 6 2008, 10:20 PM) View Post

Please think just a little bit before posting- TriMaster001 was simply pointing out a striking similarity between your shots, and responding by accusing TriMaster of jealousy and immaturity is a blatant troll. The fact that you apologized for it goes quite a long way, but that does not excuse your behavior. SotW has seen its fair share of trolling and flaming, and I think we'd all agree that clearing misunderstandings like this up before it comes to shouting would be the best way to handle ourselves in the future. Thanks for taking the time to read this. icon_smile.gif

Okay, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again. I didn't mean for it to sound so rude, but I read over my post again and I'd realized that it was trolling. So I edited out my post.

#13 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:29 PM

Tri- oh my gosh, that is very similar. But as you said, it was "Unreleased" and I've never seen that shot before. icon_smile.gif

Russ- the Japanese phrase says "Your mother." icon_biggrin.gif

#14 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:49 PM

Wait, why "Your Mother"? Oh well. This week definitely has some weird captions.

#15 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:03 AM

Anton J3000:
I'm too old for this... telling about empty screens and detail each time a new questmaker arrives or continues work after a long pause... Long story short, don't put many of the same tile near each other, refrain from simmetry if possible and have more than one "object" on the screen. Currently the house is the only one.

LostInHyru1e:
Nice winter town, it has some empty-ish feeling, but maybe it's just me. Now, is it Pure or DoR? icon_blink.gif Vote.

ZebraStallion:
I'd say some very sarcastic, but I know how weak hearts people have nowadays, plus as I see from the above posts, the issue is 51% solved.

Also, TM001, I don't see any relevance between LIH's screen and the screen you just showed... both has a bridge, that's ALL. If you put a new bridge on one of your screens, everybody must delete all kind of bridges from all of their screens?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users