Photo

Screenshot of the Week 216

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Poll: SoTW (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:54 AM

dlbrooks34
IPB Image
"What's Going on up there?"

TriMaster001
IPB Image
"私の唇は、密閉...."

Twilight_Knight
IPB Image
"Link heads towards Iretron City by traveling over the kingdom's trail."

xiion
IPB Image
"If you only knew.... "

#2 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:59 AM

Yay! First one to vote!

It was a hard decision beetween Twilight Knight and Trimaster. I decided to go w/ Trimaster.

dlbrooks: Your screen was good but some house patterns didn't make sense. And the pallete was ugly.

xiion: Umm...

#3 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:09 AM

pretty nice shots. I may have to submit one soon...

ok here goes:

dlbrooks34- I don't completely understand the comment icon_razz.gif but its not what hindered my vote, so its ok. I like the use of buildings to make a blockade there, but... that's just it... there's just a bunch of buildings cramped together. it's a good screen, but it doesn't really catch my attention.

TriMaster001- I'm loving those subscreen buttons! the shot itself (like dlbrocks's) is overall ok. well built, and apparently thought out. But once again, nothing in particular catches my eye. Also, you may want to re-adjust the pallette a little. to me, it looks like the house is more of an old photo (because of its faded looking colors). Also, I would use a different type of water tiles in that corner. that just looks too... flat for a stream, you know? good screen though.

Twilight_Knight- You got my vote. I LOVE THIS SHOT! i laughed at it icon_razz.gif "kingdom's trail" seems a little wet for a road, doesn't it? good shot. nice bright vibrant pallettes, a couple of enemies, a bridge, a wide variety of trees, and good use of the mountains. nice one.

xiion- lolll
you know... i wish I could go into elaborate detail about this one... but I just can't. there's not enough showing for me to tell what I think looks wrong with the screen, or even to see more than 4 tiles icon_lol.gif

I'm sure it looks good in the light though. icon_wink.gif

the only complaint I have about almost all of the shots submitted into SotW lately is lack of custom subscreens. That will capture my heart (and vote) extremely quickly lol. I like custom subscreens.

Edited by Master Maniac, 22 June 2008 - 11:11 AM.

#4 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:12 AM

Woops frogot to send to /M/ this week. I had a great screenshot too

dlbrooks34
Great DOR screen there is nothing you could do to imporve it as it is all ready as good 1st

TriMaster001
Quest for Light... I meen good pure shot (it is still QfL) 2nd

Twilight_Knight
Good shot but there is somthing in it that turned me away from voting for it 3rd

xiion
WAY!!! to basic for a SotW 4th

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:18 AM

dlbrooks: Nice screen, but the row of houses down the middle looks weird.
TriMaster001: Once again, nice shot, but there are too many trees in the brush.
Twilight_Knight: Good screen, but there are too many trees at the top left and right for my liking. Maybe use the forest brush instead.
xiion: Does that mean you have a LttP style lantern script?

This is tough. I think I'm voting for Twilight_Knight.

#6 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE(billy ronald @ Jun 22 2008, 12:12 PM) View Post

Quest for Light... I meen good pure shot (it is still QfL) 2nd

You're saying that like he is actually using screenshots from Quest for Light. Yes he did get inspiration from that for his work, but come on. Who doesn't (including you) get inspiration from other work? I find myself getting a massive amount of inspiration from DFW's stuff. Even though it resembles something, that doesn't automatically make it a bad thing.

#7 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:49 AM

dlbrooks34:
I like how you stacked the buildings to each other. Man, the DoR dirt looks very good on palettes that aren't as bright like the DoR2.0 palettes.

TriMaster001:
Pretty layout, altough big part of what I called "layout" is made simply by the road. And the door misses its bottom part that needs to be layered there. Only thing that I like cloudlessly is the very thick forest at the lower right.

Twilight_Knight:
Perfect mountain layout, wonderful tree variety and placement. The palette fits this design well. I really like the part around and especially below the waterfall. All the features of the screen fit together so well, with also providing variety. I feel like voting here... Voted.

Xiion:
Yes, the thing in the darkness is surely magnificent, inspiring and uplifting... but I can't vote that I don't see. I'm such closed minded.

#8 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:20 PM

My vote goes to dlbrooks34

dlbrooks34: Although your tall grass is too straight, it's a very nice town shot. Very BB inspired. icon_thumbsup.gif

TriMaster001: My Lips are Sealed

Twilight_Knight: Although it has a nice layout, it's too overcrowded.

xiion: YOu gotta give us more than Link with a circle around him.

#9 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE(Plissken @ Jun 22 2008, 05:34 PM) View Post

You're saying that like he is actually using screenshots from Quest for Light. Yes he did get inspiration from that for his work, but come on. Who doesn't (including you) get inspiration from other work? I find myself getting a massive amount of inspiration from DFW's stuff. Even though it resembles something, that doesn't automatically make it a bad thing.

NO I'm saying it's quest for light becasue t's that style and he has the QfL Quest file

It was only a joke and was not ment to be taken seriesly

#10 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:47 PM

Twilight_Knight'd this one.

Xiion: OMG SUPER AWESOME SHADOW EFFECTS!! icon_biggrin.gif

#11 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:20 PM

Voted for Trimaster, well-thought-out, great palette, and aesthetically pleasing shot. Nothing particularly special, but the best this week.

Xiion- wtf? icon_razz.gif

#12 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:34 PM

Definitely DLBrooks I have NEVER seen anyone use the tileset like that before DEFINITE 1st. Except, next time, go into paint, load the screenshot you took, Save As a .png, or .gif. .jpeg's almost always lose clarity. If you sent it via photobucket, the site automatically converts .bmp as .jpeg.

TriMaster001: It's a good shot concerning screen design... I hate the palette for some reason though. The screen is very open concerning travel... maybe you could make it less so?

Twilight_Knight: Definitely great, my main problem is the bushiness of the screen at the bottom.

xiion: Definitely different. I actually really like this one somehow.

#13 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:35 PM

Yay, I get some votes.

Let's rate the others:

Dlbrooks34: It's quite good, but I think the house are put together strangely.
Trimaster001: Very enlighting shot, it looks very villagish, only your forest brush is to overcrowded you have to make a few gaps to make it less symmetric.
Xiion: Who turned the light off?!

Null voted.

#14 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE(Master Maniac @ Jun 22 2008, 11:09 AM) View Post

I'm sure it looks good in the light though. icon_wink.gif
the only complaint I have about almost all of the shots submitted into SotW lately is lack of custom subscreens. That will capture my heart (and vote) extremely quickly lol. I like custom subscreens.

Uhh... I'm using a Custom Subscreen... icon_confused2.gif

The reason why the trees are a little clumped up on the bottom right is becasue south of that screen is a forest.

Edited by TriMaster001, 22 June 2008 - 02:46 PM.

#15 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:14 PM

dlbrooks34 - 6/10
Interesting layout for a town screen, but nothing drop dead gorgeous either.

TriMaster001 - 7/10
Interesting village screen too. I like the road and tree layouts. Lots of stuff packed in there and well organized, so the screen looks complete. I like how you hid most of that ugly roof from the screen so that it doesn't dominate. Beautiful subscreen.

Twilight_Knight - 7/10
Not bad. Good usage of ledges combined with the waterfall. Very good detail. It is well organized and complete.

xiion - 3/10
There isn't much to look at, so there isn't much to go with. The visible center looks all right. A great screen for a quest, but a bad one for SotW.

My tie breaker goes to Trimaster001. While I like both screenshots equally in the main part, I went with what I thought was the better looking subscreen and trees, although they both look good in those areas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users