Possible Sequel to Twilight Princess?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:52 PM

Still wondering about the Next Zelda Game? Well here's my theory. I think the next Zelda game will be on the Wii and it will be a Sequel to 2006's Twilight Princess. The reason why I think it's going to be a Sequel to Twilight Princess is that in the past a 3 of the big Zelda Titles got Sequels.

The Legend of Zelda -> Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Ocarina of Time -> Majora's Mask
WindWaker -> Phantom Hourglass

POSSIBLY:

Oracle of Ages/Seasons -> Link's Awakening

So do you think the next Zelda game is a sequel to Twilight Princess?

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:56 PM

Possibly. But I wouldn't know what to expect. Maybe a Ganondorf who wakes up, slaps himself in the face, and remembers who Link is. (And yes, I already know why he didn't, so don't explain it to me.) Maybe a Link that appears smarter than his idiotic self in TP. (Seriously. Midna told you just about everything you needed to do/everywhere you needed to go/etc.)

Then again, TP doesn't really leave much of a cliffhanger. icon_shrug.gif

#3 Spantac

Spantac

Magus

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:23 PM

The trend of the big sequels is that they don't have Ganondorf in them icon_cool.gif

And yes, I agree that Link seemed a total moron. Maybe he ought to talk. But then again, he'd probably end up completely vile.

#4 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:35 PM

Who knows. There's apparently a new Zelda in development for the Wii, but info has yet to be given on it.

Personally, I don't care if it's a sequel or not; I'm not picky.

#5 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:40 PM

I want to see something officially made by Nintendo, 3D on Wii, with Vaati.
He would be great in some TP styled fight.

So possibly a sequel to MC.
And TM, isn't LA a sequel to PH?

Edited by gray0x, 12 May 2008 - 05:41 PM.

#6 Spantac

Spantac

Magus

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:44 PM

I think it's pretty safe at any time to say that Nintendo are working on Zelda. But it may not be anything that is ever intended to go in a finished game.

#7 king-n

king-n

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(TriMaster001 @ May 12 2008, 04:52 PM) View Post

Oracle of Ages/Seasons -> Link's Awakening

Links awakening was confirmed as the sequel to Link to the past when it was released. The Oracle games can be considered sequels to themselves. I would enjoy a Twilight Princess sequel.

#8 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:44 PM

I dunno about a TP sequel. I don't know why, but I don't think a TP sequel would be that good. icon_confused.gif Honestly, I would love to see another Zelda game involving Termina and/or Majora's Mask.

#9 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:53 PM

I still think they left PH on sort of a bum note. I should send them my idea for Mask of Eons. I don't know about TP but PH was a terrible way to drop Great Sea Link.

But yes, a trip back to termina would be great. In fact, just an acknowledgement of the OoT series would be nice. I don't think the prologue of WW quite did it.

#10 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ May 12 2008, 04:44 PM) View Post

I dunno about a TP sequel. I don't know why, but I don't think a TP sequel would be that good. icon_confused.gif Honestly, I would love to see another Zelda game involving Termina and/or Majora's Mask.

I LOVE YOU <3

Srsly, needs moar sauce. By sauce, I mean Majora. Maybe chuck some meteors at Hyrule or something. The days could be longer. I don't care if they take half a decade working on the game, so long as they make the dungeons as challenging as they were in MM. ;_;

#11 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:54 AM

Two rules of Zelda:
1 - Link never talks
2 - No TP sequels

Seriously. They need to come up with a new game now. All we've been getting lately are sequels, continuations on the previous stories (There shouldn't be any doubt TP was the chronological sequel to OoT). Personally, I like it better when they were all separate games, you know. One big storyline is fine, but there's something about the mystery of having an entire series of games being related by places and people only, not the storyline

And to answer your question, no. I don't think a literal sequel is in the works, however if I remember correctly, I read something about how Shiggy is wanting to piece together the entire storyline of Zelda, and TP was the first step to that end. I don't think the next Zelda will be TP2, but I do think it will tie TP in with another game

#12 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:03 AM

Yeah, TP goes after OoT on the split timeline. And I think I read somewere that the new Zelda on the Wii will mimmick your actually movements with the Wiimote, not just slash when you swing it.

#13 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:50 AM

Come on people! TP was just released, it's the newest big Zelda game (or second newest if PH is newer). So it won't get a sequel now. But why would it get one anytime later? TP is the direct sequel of OoT (almost as direct as MM). So, tough chance it getting an own sequel for this reason, too.

And it's really time for Nintendo to make a non-sequel Zelda, a Zelda that is completely different from any other (like WW was completely different than the ones before). I guess this long hesitating of Nintendo means even they don't know what to come up with, while bringing something, pleasing customers and explain the timeline better. Just because this latter seems to be the goal of theirs, too.

#14 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE(gray0x @ May 12 2008, 06:40 PM) View Post

And TM, isn't LA a sequel to PH?

Nope. Link was returning on a boat all by his onesy, savvy? *shot*

Actually, probably not on a console, but there's no doubt in my mind that PH will warrant another sequel, but probably a smaller game. icon_unsettled.gif

#15 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:51 AM

Nice, sattelite. Good job not being jack's leverage.

@ CastChaos, TP can't have a sequel later on because it can't have a sequel ever. It needs to be a stand alone game; something only there to tie OoT/MM to whatever comes next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users