Photo

Screenshot of the Week 210

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 210 (61 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite Screen!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:09 PM

CastChaos
IPB Image
No matter how strong a beast you are if there's a hole on your shield!

LinkMystro
IPB Image
New Quest with no NPCs O_O

Nuvo
IPB Image
First... the bright blue light... where am I now?

The Satellite
IPB Image
I submitted only cuz Shoelace asked so nicely...

TriMaster001
IPB Image
Colin, you picked a bad place to build your secret base.

#2 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:12 PM

I voted for CastChaos. Nice Helmasaur King Rip.

#3 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:20 PM

This is an easy go...
I'll only comment on one, sicne it's the only one I see a glearing flaw in (is ''glearing'' a word?)
The Sattelite: It's way to empty. Add some bushes, flowers and stuff like that... and it will be ''fine''... thank you icon_razz.gif

The one that win my vote must be TriMaster... but since I'm screwing the rules today, it's gonna be LinkMystro!
TriMaster; yours was awesome... absoloutley NO flaws in my opinion... only that the mountain holding the cave could be taken down one single tile... but it isn't really a flaw... jsut a design tweak...
LinkMystro, yours is... great... graphics, design... awesome... Votes.

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:21 PM

I voted for CastChaos. Having a Helmsaur hanging from the ceiling is just plain awesome!

#5 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:23 PM

I don't think it's hanging from the roof... What made you think that?

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ May 12 2008, 12:23 PM) View Post

I don't think it's hanging from the roof... What made you think that?

The tail goes up vertically and there is a shadow underneath it. That's why I think it's hanging from the roof.

#7 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:27 PM

CastChaos: Man, you are so so ALttP. icon_love.gif

LinkMystro: Nice NewestFirst screen.

Nuvo: Nice layout, wonderful jungle tiles and really nice tent. Beautiful screen. I want to play it.

The Satellite: It wasn't a bright idea. j/k But well, it's sure empty.

TriMaster001: Yes Colin, since it's too similar to a screen that TM already submitted. Disqualified.

EDIT: Hehe people... Swing Beast isn't hanging from the ceiling... he is standing on the floor... the tail goes straight because I didn't need to detail a body part that doesn't have enough place to fit on the screen anyway... when Swing Beast retreats to a bigger room, he will swing his curly tail, yes.

#8 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

I voted for CastChaos' entry because of the pure epicness it shines with. And because you beat Nintendo with it. icon_razz.gif

#9 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:33 PM

CastChaos: Really nice custom boss screen, I love the Helmasour King. How did you make it in 2.10? *Votes*
Link Mystro: Nice grpahics... I like it. I guess it's pretty cool...
Nuvo: Not the best screen
TS: Sorry, but this is a terrible shot. It needs ground detail and a better pallete... Look at the other forests with DOR and get some ideas.
TM001: Too simular to your other screen. I guess it's okay though...

#10 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:06 PM

CastChaos- It's really cool that you successfully ripped that. However, the floor is somewhat un-detailed and uninteresting.

LinkMystro- I don't get the shaded-ness of the top. It's a decent screen, but not my vote.

Nuvo- My vote went here. Love the tent, and the design is great. However, you need DETAIL. The sand is so plain, that I almost didn't vote here.

TheSatelltie- O_o... C'mon man, I know you can do a lot better than that. That screen is very empty and the design isn't great either.

Trimaster- probably the best screen of the bunch, it's just too similar to your last one to get a vote, sorry.

#11 Ricky of Kokiri

Ricky of Kokiri

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:13 PM

CastChaos: I don't know what it is about the palette, but... well, the light colors of Link, the boss, and that spike at the top contrast a little too much with the surrounding colors. :shrugs: I know you can't do anything about Link (to my knowledge), but I would suggest making the boss and spike a shade or two darker just to fit with the rest of the screen. Other than that, it looks good.

LinkMystro: Cool screen, though the transparent layer you used for the mountain regions makes the colors look slightly ugly underneath. I like the layout and the non-layered colors.

Nuvo: The scale of the mountains, the trees, and the tent make your character look TINY, but other than that I love this screen. I really like the sense of height the mountains give, and the trees look awesome. *votes*.

The Satellite: For a forest, that center portion is awfully empty. The rest looks decent, but add some small trees and bushes and such to the walkable area.

TriMaster001: This screen looks really cool.... but it also looks a lot like the other one you submitted that's been displayed on the main site for several days now.

#12 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:18 PM

Heh, after I submitted, then looked at the shot again, I started banging my head against the keyboard (not literally). And I don't think it has that much to do with emptiness, but moreso the palette. But as for the shot itself, I'm not liking it, either, guys. icon_unsettled.gif

Truthfully, it needs a little more filler, but it's better than it was before I upgraded: nothing but fallen leaves, flowers, and those little grass detail thingies. icon_razz.gif But hey, I peeked around at the other palettes, and kabam!

IPB Image

Now it looks much better. Well, to be able to see things, that is. And be glad it didn't look like this:

IPB Image

lol. That wasn't how it looked like, before. I just went back to my old file and made it to look near exactly like the new, just for kicks. But enough about me, on to the others.

- CastChaos -

Nice use of foliage on the rocks. Great rip, too. But the rip's the only thing you've got going for you in this shot, sorry. ;P

- LinkMystro -

Ah, a very nice almost-GB shot. Good job on your design skills.

- Nuvo -

Very good. But, as I've always felt about them, those mountains are ugly, and very unappealing to me. And they're also too realistic in comparison with the 2D graphics. icon_razz.gif

- Grand Master Aerandir -

The Force is not with you.

- TriMaster001 -

I probably would've voted for this. Good use of mountains, and amazing background. Good job.

Null'd, obviously, as I'm a contestant.

#13 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:39 PM

I voted for Nuvo, I love the unique tiles placed in the screen, especially that tent. icon_drool.gif
And as for a second vote, it would of been TM001, I also like that shot, but it's a little similar to your last one. icon_confused.gif

#14 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ May 12 2008, 04:18 PM) View Post

Heh, after I submitted, then looked at the shot again, I started banging my head against the keyboard (not literally). And I don't think it has that much to do with emptiness, but moreso the palette. But as for the shot itself, I'm not liking it, either, guys. icon_unsettled.gif

Truthfully, it needs a little more filler, but it's better than it was before I upgraded: nothing but fallen leaves, flowers, and those little grass detail thingies. icon_razz.gif But hey, I peeked around at the other palettes, and kabam!

IPB Image

Now it looks much better. Well, to be able to see things, that is. And be glad it didn't look like this:

IPB Image

lol. That wasn't how it looked like, before. I just went back to my old file and made it to look near exactly like the new, just for kicks. But enough about me, on to the others.

It still needs ground detail. Maybe some bushes. And also add some shadows.

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:10 PM

That's it. I'm sticking to submitting ALttP shots, only. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users