Photo

Screenshot of the Week 174

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 174 (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:03 PM

CastChaos
IPB Image
Transparent shallow water, transparent deep water and... a buzzbulb?!

Darkspawn
IPB Image

Evan the Great
IPB Image
Link ventures through the Frozen Fields on his search for Ganon.

Majora
IPB Image
'Tis a beautiful day in the Town Square of Camelot.

TriMaster001
IPB Image
Link journeys through the Goron Mines and is about to get ambushed.

WindStrike
IPB Image
Spot the freeform combo!

Now, I'd like to reiterate some things. First off, Screenshot of the Week is posted at, or around noon (12:00 PM) Pacific time. That means it'll be 3 PM Eastern. If you don't like it, sleep in so you don't have to wait. Do NOT ***** about it

Second, Teilyr is NOT the SotW manager. He's my backup in case I can't post it. Even so, you should still send a copy of your entry to him every time you enter, just in case I can't send him a copy of the entries I have

As for PMs, please remember to include the number of the SotW you're submitting to. It makes it much easier to get ready for SotW when it's posted. Just a personal preference here, you don't need to ask for me to include your entry. Just send your image and a caption, if you want, and any extra notes

Just keeping those in mind will help SotW run smoothly

#2 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:09 PM

I voted for Evan the Great.

#3 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:10 PM

CastChaos: Great screen, but I have a hard time seeing anything in the darkness.
Darkspawn: Sorry, but if you're not even going to try to crop the ZQuest border or make it playable, it doens't come close to getting my vote.
Evan: Good shot, it has good design qualities, and it uses the LttP mountains well.
Majora: This shot could have been SO much more. I feel the overall symmetricalness took away from the screen's appeal.
Trimaster001: Good dungeon shot. Really not much else I can say.
Windstrike: Just a straight DoR shot here. I notice a mountain tile error where the back of the grass on the right side meets the mountain, but I think that's the fault of the tileset. icon_shrug.gif

So, Evan wins my vote this week.

#4 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:15 PM

CastChaos and Windstrike- Go easy with the transparent layers. Both are too blurry and for CastChaos, the screen layout really isn't too great..

Evan- Those trees really beautify the screen. I voted for this one.

Majora- Don't use winter trees when it's not winter.

Trimaster- It's nice overall.. But I really don't like how there's so much style clashing, and that's also the reason I dumped Pure.

#5 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Aug 26 2007, 02:09 PM) View Post
I voted for Evan the Great.
He's using your boulder... icon_naughty.gif

#6 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:18 PM

I vote Evan. It's a very nice shot. Although I do like some of your other shots more. Next up would've been TriMaster001. I like that dungeon shot. Everything meshes well. At least, I think so.

Edited by LinkMystro, 26 August 2007 - 02:20 PM.

#7 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:22 PM

Darkspawn: The Castlevania tiles are interesting, but far from pretty. If it were a Zelda tileset, I'd say the colours are completely off. So, it will be great to play it, but not SotW winner. This is a ZQ screen.
Evan the Great: So much pretty winter screen! Nice mountains with nice big trees. All placed well.
Majora: I like screens with lots of NPCs, but this one is too boxy and I dislike the Pure main palette.
TriMaster001: Good dungeon screen, perfect for gameplay, but just good for SotW. At least not a generic Pure screen.
Windstrike: Interesting new style. May seems a little messy for the masses. What is that path that pierces into the grass? It's good for wooden road, but very bad, boxy for dirt.

For those whos say my screen is dark, temporary brighten your monitor. It's not that dark for me. icon_shrug.gif

#8 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Aug 26 2007, 03:17 PM) View Post

He's using your boulder... icon_naughty.gif

Oh, I didn't notice that up in the corner. icon_eek.gif Yeah... It is sexy. icon_naughty.gif

#9 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:33 PM

Looks like it's going to be a shut-out this week.

SD...I like that boulder. That is a nice boulder.

#10 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:43 PM

Unhh.. wow. 5-0 for me. icon_eek.gif

I would've voted for TriMaster001, love that shot.

Nulled.

#11 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:51 PM

I would've voted for TriMaster001, love that shot.

He's using my rips/edits. icon_naughty.gif

#12 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:11 PM

Evan gets my vote. As a sidenote Evan, you might wanna edit your maps to match the grey that you're using for your bg. They have a black bg that's annoying to perfectionists.

#13 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Aug 26 2007, 02:51 PM) View Post

He's using my rips/edits. icon_naughty.gif
Dang, Sharon, even when you're not in SotW, you still are. icon_eek.gif

#14 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:29 PM

Windstrike, that is one of the best DoR forest shots I've ever seen, :vote:

#15 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:37 PM

CastChaos - I like the idea of see though water with varying depths, but portions of the shot look awkward to me. But experimentation is a good thing, so definitely keep up with the idea. I would love to see how far this concept can be taken.

Darkspawn - I love Castlevania, and this shot does not feel like Zelda at all. Nice job on that. I would love to see how stairs would work using such a theme.

Evan the Great - Looks good to me. A well designed winter shot using cliffs that I actually don't mind.

Majora - Looks good. I like what you did to the subscreen portion with the B and A buttons. Symmetry can be good thing depending on what you are doing, but I am wondering if sacrificing some that in certain ways can help improve the overall look of the shot. Perhaps it just needs a little more of something else to add more zing to it.

TriMaster001 - Great choice of walls and floors. The area looks well put together.

WindStrike - I love everything about this screenshot except for that road. While the bridge has a significant importance in this shot, it doesn't overdominate it. The blends of varying trees and bushes blend together well. The transparent creek is also a nice and fitting touch. *votes*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users