Photo

Screenshot of the Week 162

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 162 (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:56 PM

ennonfenom
IPB Image
This shot is of link being attacked my some deku scrubs right out his front door!

Matthew
IPB Image
Link takes a stroll in a forest, near a beautiful, flowing stream, when suddenly, he is ambushed by Octoroks.... Ono. :o (Note: Inspired by NoeL's recent pics, and please, for Pete's sake, remember that this isn't final! I may or may not leave this exact screen in the quest, but I WILL leave the whole "transparent water" thing in...)

Taco Chopper
IPB Image

Trimaster001
IPB Image
"Ah, the center of Laruto Town. This is a great place to rest before going out into Hyrule." - Link

Turbon714
IPB Image
Our hero uses a mysterious rod's power to awaken an old statue not knowing the epic battle thats in store for him...

Apologies about starting it so late. I've been having a WONDERFUL day..

Also, I'm going to remind you guys again: PLEASE put the SotW number you're entering in the PM title. It's hard to tell who submitted for the most recent when they all read "My SotW entry"

#2 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:57 PM

only decent one is ennonfenom, and that isn't that impressive, but I voted for it anyway.

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:29 PM

ennonfenom - You've almost got my vote but there's something that bothered me with that screen. I just don't get that feel for adventure. Overall, Amazing Shot

Matthew (vote) - It may have BS Graphics, but it has just the way I like to play quests. "Okay Graphics, Great Gameplay." - Zelda Classic Quest Survey

Taco Chopper - Great Use of the tileset, but it doesn't hook me at all. But don't lose hope icon_smile.gif

Trimaster001 - Revfan9's probably going to say "This screen's graphics SUCK!!! I HATE PURE!!! Blah Blah Blah" Anyway, I submitted for just the fun only. If I lose, oh well, there's still next time.

Turbon714 - May not have the best graphics but there's great creativity icon_smile.gif

#4 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:36 PM

Voted for Turbon714.

The concept (to me) is really... intriguing. I'm tempted to make a copy of that with a different tileset and submit. However, that would seem cheap. Overall, he got my vote because of the concept, and because now I'm actually going put in an entry for SotW.

Edited by Majora's Wrath, 20 May 2007 - 08:36 PM.

#5 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:13 PM

Nothing is spectacular this week, but I won't chicken out by null voting. I am determined to vote no matter what.

The one that I find the most appealing would be that of ennonfenom (my vote), as it looks the most natural of the outdoor shots. While it might be easier with shots that use sets such as DoR, the others that apply didn't do enough to activate my soft sides for more primitive looking sets.

I can't be too hard on Turbon714 for that though, since he is working within the limitations of a classic-like set, so I applaud you for a close second effort. While the shot is mostly green, it does make you want to focus on elements other than color, although I am sure that much more can be done regarding that.

Matthew's shot looks pretty safe to me. The shot looks very basic and doesn't seem to try anything risky, considering that most of it is based on straight lines, which is not how nature intends things to be. It is not revolting, but it is not spectacular either.

Taco Chopper's shot looks to me like it was simply thrown together. I am not sure what it is trying to be. That is just my opinion based on my own eyes wanting answers. Every great screenshot has a purpose and a plan, and I am not seeing it here.

Trimaster001's shot does seem to put a lot of focus on the center, but it is something I have seen many times before and might be more fitting for a less major role. The wide road takes away a lot of potential as it dominates most of the shot with a lot of the exact same thing. Anything else that can be used to better the screen is simply backed into any one of the four corners. Perhaps moving the fountain away from the center can bring more to what is in at least one of the four corners, thus doing more with the trees, the building, or the garden. Narrowing the roads just a bit can also help you do a lot more with anything that is off of them.

#6 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:38 PM

I voted for Tubon's because HE IS USING THE DOMINIAN ROD! Omg :o

#7 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE(NineLives @ May 20 2007, 10:38 PM) View Post

I voted for Tubon's because HE IS USING THE DOMINIAN ROD! Omg :o

I like Matthew's shot as well. I have a certain fondness of the new BS tileset... *Votes*

(man, I wish I'd entered that dungeon shot from oos. I might've had a chance to win icon_razz.gif)

#8 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:54 PM

Wow. Nothing even fittable for a quest this week, let alone SotW.

Pity. *null*

#9 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:59 PM

Ennonfenom: It's a nice DoR screen, but the enclosed boxy shape of the screen as a whole just seems to draw my eye away, apparently you are supposed to use DoR like LttP(meaning open) or something, but I'm not really sure.

Matthew: Nice BS screen, but something about it isn't right, lemme think...

Taco Chopper: Nice New1st screen, but it looks like a pain to go through.

Trimaster: I really like this screen, maybe the design isn't the best in the world, but it represents a town, and the palette just seems really soft to my eyes, unlike most pure palettes. Vote.

Turbon: As much as I like the color green, too much of it can be a bad thing, but... nice dominion rod.

#10 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:30 AM

nothing special this week...
I voted Turbon714, because of the classic tileset.

Ah, I should have posted a classic screen too~ forgot x_X

#11 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE(Nuvo @ May 20 2007, 09:59 PM) View Post

Ennonfenom: It's a nice DoR screen, but the enclosed boxy shape of the screen as a whole just seems to draw my eye away, apparently you are supposed to use DoR like LttP(meaning open) or something, but I'm not really sure.

Well I had a better screen shoot but do to an mishap, my qst and everything in my zc folder got deleted icon_mad.gif It was real late and I was tired, but wanted to get something in. BTW that screen is the second screen you see in my quest and there is three exits on it. I will have some better stuff onces I redraw the custom tiles I had. Those are what I planned for this but couldn't get them in so, thank every one who as voted for me so far!

Edited by ennonfenom, 21 May 2007 - 01:08 AM.

#12 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:06 PM

ennonfenom 3rd : I Just don't anything that chances my eye

Matthew 2nd : I like the screen but i just don't think it is as good as Trimaster001

Taco Chopper 4th : well that screen looks to dis origised

Trimaster001 (1st vote) : icon_drool.gif That is a great town screen everything flows right

Turbon714 : Too green

#13 Papa

Papa

Disruptive and obnoxious member since 2005

• Members

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:08 PM

Yuh, looks like its gonna be ennon's shot for me, as well.

Personally, I like the look of the shot, as the design of the house goes well w/ the fence.
Plus, Im a fool for ALTTP/DoR stylings.

Turbon714 comes in a close second, simply because I'm ALL old-school.
BUT, just a bit much on the greenery in the shot. I had flashbacks of green text on a black PC monitor. Headaches ensued, and then the nightmares. AHHHHHHHHH!!! 1980's pc's are haunting me....

~apoetalone~

#14 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:41 PM

Here we go.

- ennonfenom -

Really sweet, dude. Nice variation of trees and such, as well as a great shot, altogether. Not too many complaints.

- Matthew -

I typically don't care for the BS tileset, but this one captivates me. It has a great sense to the shot, and altogether coherence. The transparent water also pwns. *votes*

- Taco Chopper -

It's great, but also gives a feeling of "seen it before." There's not much variation with CGBZ, although you have an insanely awesome shot, though. Keep trying; you are an eventual SotW winner. icon_biggrin.gif

- Trimaster001 -

Empty, if you ask me. There's not much there; the typical empty Pure shot that's in pretty much every SotW. Keep working at it. icon_wink.gif

- Turbon714 -

Classic, not much to it. The Classic set can be used greatly, but this isn't it. Try again. icon_smile.gif

QUOTE(Majora's Wrath)

... and because now I'm actually going put in an entry for SotW.

Well, if you are, I'm going to, as well, to compete with you. icon_razz.gif May the best Satellite win! icon_superevil.gif

NO RLY, I think it would be fun. icon_wink.gif I'm going to get to it when I'm done here.

#15 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:38 AM

*votes for Trimaster*

Taco Chopper... why is the Wastelands map filled with lush green trees???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users