Photo

Screenshot of the Week 148

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 148 (62 member(s) have cast votes)

8 more shots this week! ^_^

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Nyeshet

Nyeshet

• Members

Posted 13 December 2006 - 10:42 PM

Windstrike
Came across as too complicated. I wasn't quite sure where one room ended and another began. Granted, this could work exceptionally well in a dungeon maze, but for a work of art it comes across as too busy an image.

blaman
This was a beautiful screen. The textures and colors well matched with each other to create a work of art. You won my vote this time.

mudvayne
The image seems too dark, although perhaps that is necessary in this area? The trailing glitter was distracting due to its relative brightness. Otherwise the image is not too bad - a bit messy, perhaps, but not bad.

Revfan9
Umm, not bad, but a little bland and I did not get the referrence - although it does seem familiar somehow. By bland I mean that the colors - excluding the two sprites and the tree foliage - are too similar. The structures seem to run together a bit, in a way.

rocksfan13
A nice image, and against some others I might have considered choosing it, but against blaman and Lotus Eater your image fails to gain a vote - this time. Nice job, though.

Fire Wizzrobe
An interesting tileset, but I am unfamiliar with the game. It seemed to lack something, although I cannot quite say what. The newness of the tileset and unfamiliarity of the setting may be contributing to this, I admit.

Lotus Eater
I almost voted for this one. Would I be correct in presuming it was based off one of the Mana games? (Legend of Mana 3, perhaps? While similar in appearance to Secret of Mana, some of the creatures and graphics seem slightly different.) The arrangement of geography and sprites works well for the screen capture, and the colors nicely contrast with each other without being too bold about it.

Sharon Daniel
The image is quite nice, but in this case it comes across as too similar to many similar images seen before. I believe the walls are a new tileset, however? They are nicely done. This screenshot would have been my third choice of the 8 options presented.

#32 Lotus Eater

Lotus Eater

Wizard

• Members

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:37 PM

@Nyeshet - It is using the Seiken Densetsu 3 tiles, and the sprites are SD3 as well., check my siggy to learn more about it. A past member made a SD3 tileset, but it was rather sloppy and needed lots of work (Not really his fault, mostly limitations at the time, and sheer volume of tiles), with all the new features I can't help but to try and finish the work, I only hope that it is nice enough for people to make some good quests with.

Thanks,
Lotus

#33 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE(Fire Wizzrobe @ Dec 13 2006, 06:09 PM) View Post

The walls, platform, floors, clouds, and sprites are custom. I already know of the window problem and I will add some depth to it.

It's a playable scence, via FFC scripting. The first version will be fireballs that simply follow you. When I learn more about sin and cos, it will be like what I have depicted.

Well now, I just assumed it was ripped. I'm more impressed now. Good job.

It's almost enough to get my vote, but I still have to count screen design in, and blaman wins that by a hair. Anyway, good show.

#34 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:30 PM

Nyesheet,

They are custom. (And should I note this in my caption for my next entry) But they are done with the stylings of the Minish Cap, sort of.

#35 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 December 2006 - 12:30 AM

Nice shots all round. Keep up the good work!

Wind: Wow, very intricate use of my walls there... maybe a bit too intricate, looks pretty cramped. Interesting shot though, I like it.

blaman: Very nice... BS edit mountains? Good composition, good colours (though the grass and trees might look better seperate colours), good shot. The cliff face at the top looks a bit tiled and un-natural, but that's about the only flaw. Good job *votes*

mudvayne: Close second, but you lost out because the graphics don't mix. The lttp bush and stuff with its outline doesn't mix well with those mountains. Great composition though.

Rev: oh Revfan... poor Revfan...

Rocks: Sorry, your own quote says it all. Nothing new or exciting in this shot, and the subscreen is a cluttered mess. Sorry.

Wizz: A space temple? I like the idea a lot! Sadly, as far as a screenshot goes it's not enough eye candy.

Lotus: Static shot with ripped graphics... sorry, there's just not enough effort in this to get my vote icon_frown.gif

Sharon: Woah, tripped up a bit this week huh... I kinda excpected more from you... it's neither new nor pretty.

And there's my 2 cents!

Edited by NoeL, 16 December 2006 - 12:31 AM.

#36 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:08 AM

I better change the moon to a blue color.. it's not meant to be a space temple, sadly. icon_frown.gif

Edited by Fire Wizzrobe, 16 December 2006 - 09:08 AM.

#37 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 16 December 2006 - 10:42 AM

Sharon: Woah, tripped up a bit this week huh... I kinda excpected more from you... it's neither new nor pretty.

Yeah, as I stated, that's all I managed to do in ZQ in the past week. I still haven't had the time to work on ZQuest this week so I likely won't even have a screenshot for SotW 149. icon_shrug.gif

#38 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 16 December 2006 - 01:20 PM

WindStrike: That's an excellent temple, btw. icon_wink.gif The screen design is excellent. Very good job.
blaman: The trees, water, and mountains are excellent. Did you draw them yourself? O_o;
mudvayne: The detail of the screenshot is pretty good. I just don't like how the owl, Link sprites, and HCP stands out like a sore thumb. icon_shrug.gif
Revfan9: Very nice custom tiles, but one thing bothers me. Why is it so empty? Sure, it's night and all, but why doesn't the town have any lamp posts or lit windows? It looks like the town is a ghost town. (Seeing the tree, makes me think it's an overworld shot)
rocksfan13: You've a decent Pure tileset screen, but your subscreen seems to be too cramped.. And one thing I especially don't like about it is that large, green Hyrule.. Nix that.
Fire Wizzrobe: Excellent screenshot, but your window borders seem flat.. Why didn't you shade them as you shaded the walls? The mage/npc/sword sprites are well done, but your fireballs are just too big. O_o; Maybe that opinion will change if we ever see this in action.
Lotus Eater: Meh, I can't say too much because enemies that big isn't even in ZC yet. icon_shrug.gif
Sharon Daniel: I love the pallet you used in this screenshot. The castle tiles are supurb as well.

Hmm.. And my vote goes to: *insert drum roll here* Sharon! :o

#39 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 18 December 2006 - 11:19 AM

blaman: The trees, water, and mountains are excellent. Did you draw them yourself? O_o;

Nah, I ripped them from various chip-sets. The grass I spruced up. (Everyone thinks the mountains are from BS, but they are actually ripped from a Lodoss tile set.)

#40 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 December 2006 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE(Fire Wizzrobe @ Dec 16 2006, 08:08 AM) View Post

I better change the moon to a blue color.. it's not meant to be a space temple, sadly. icon_frown.gif

Not a space temple? So why is the moon underneath the temple? It's not the colour of the moon that's the problem, it's its placement. From that angle, you should be looking at the ground, not the sky... I suggest you make it a space temple though icon_biggrin.gif that'd be sweet.

#41 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 18 December 2006 - 09:59 PM

How would I position it so it would be at in the sky? icon_smile.gif

I do have a lot of perspective problems...

#42 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 19 December 2006 - 01:25 AM

WindStrike - 2 votes = [4.44%]
blaman - 15 votes = [33.33%]
mudvayne - 7 votes = [15.56%]
Revfan9 - 0 votes = [0.00%]
rocksfan13 - 1 vote = [2.22%]
Fire Wizzrobe - 6 votes = [13.33%]
Lotus Eater - 10 votes = [22.22%]
Sharon Daniel - 4 votes = [8.89%]
Total Votes: 45

blaman
IPB Image
Nobody said climbing Rokia Mountain would be easy.

Congrats blaman, on a job well done this week! SotW 148 winner! icon_biggrin.gif

#43 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:08 AM

Ouch... It's a ruined castle, and it's so empty because I haven't done enemies yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users