Photo

Screenshot of the Week 141

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 141 (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 141

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:18 PM

This is the start of a new set of 4 Screenshot of the Week. SotM will be posted shortly. Enjoy the screens! icon_biggrin.gif

Blue Link 2007
IPB Image
So thats where those tracks lead...

Moonwhisper
IPB Image
You'd think the possessed knights could take care of the castle they stole.

Gashin
IPB Image
Nothing like a nice, quiet, out of the way spot, with a treasure chest you JUST can't seem to reach... What Link wouldn't give for swimming lessons

Animus01
IPB Image
The Red Lander watches in awe as the Guardian completes her training.

Hero Link
IPB Image
Hmm, I wonder what the star is for. Link, figure it out! @_@

There ya go. Have fun!

#2 Blue Link 2007

Blue Link 2007

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:23 PM

You guys can guess who I ovbiously voted for...

Dang! tough compitition I gots here. How am I supposed to beat Gashins? icon_sorry.gif

#3 trip i fall

trip i fall

Magus

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:25 PM

Is this legit?

>.>
<.<

Well, they're all great screens, but Gashin just toatally blows away anybody's chance of winning.
So I'll vote for HL becuse I love the gameboy graphics.

#4 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:25 PM

Well, since I have entered, I have to null. But, if I could, I would vote for Gashin's pic. It looks so picturesque! Everything about it looks so rich, much better than what you would see in Minish Cap. icon_razz.gif

#5 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:06 PM

Gashin wins easily. Though Animus's is pretty odd. The rest are good but nothing eye catchy.

#6 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:30 PM

I personally have given up on voting for Gashin. He's like a real nintendo guy and the rest of us are pretty good at it but not nearly as good as him =\

I voted for moonwhisper because I like the whole feel of the shot.

#7 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:23 PM

I'll vote for Gashin here, but I still don't understand what's up with the lime green foliage. It looks incredibly odd.

#8 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE(nicklegends @ Oct 12 2006, 08:23 PM) View Post

I'll vote for Gashin here, but I still don't understand what's up with the lime green foliage. It looks incredibly odd.

Just what do you mean by that? The trees and grass? It's supposed to be a bright sun, so everything else is going to be bright as well

#9 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:42 AM

gashin

*sigh*

#10 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:42 AM

Hero Link's screen for the win.

Even though our graphics god/master Gashin has posted another pretty picture, Hero Link's screen just is the most exciting one and it's a screen which makes me want to play the game. It's not a good nor bad shot, but everything in it is just right! icon_smile.gif

#11 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 13 October 2006 - 11:29 AM

I didn't enter to win, I just entered for 3 reasons:
  1. To show off my new subscreen
  2. To show my new sword I just hand-made (looks sorta rapierish...)
  3. and to show my newest item idea, the Grab Gauntlet (It's not like a regular gauntlet, Link holds something inside of it, and it extends from a chain, grabbing objects and either pulling them towards Link, or it acts like the hookshot. An example may be with a crevice and a bridge, Link fires the Grab Gauntlet, and it pulls the bridge out.
But I would've voted for Hero Link, because we never get enough GB quests in the screenshot of the week =/

One thing I do have to say Gashin, the water in your screenshot doesn't look right... it looks bottomless... If it's very sunny out, it should be a little brighter.

Edited by Moonwhisper, 13 October 2006 - 01:24 PM.

#12 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:54 PM

This is why I say Gashin is way above anyone in these forums...

This screenshot just looks amazing. Better than MC and LTTP, even though it has some of the same tile but edited. The chest matches the flow, and I really like how you edited the LTTP houses. And the most of all, the custom link. There is nothing wrong with this shot, but I personally would perfer the water a bit brighter. But, thats just me.

*Votes*

#13 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 13 October 2006 - 03:38 PM

I voted for Animus... It's just so original. And it kinda made me LOL a bit. Sure, it could use a bit of touching up, be it so stylish!

#14 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 13 October 2006 - 04:17 PM

I'm going to null. I can't decide between Hero Link and Gashin... But you know? Hero Link's shot makes me want to work on my Realm of Mirrors quest right now... It also looks like a screen that could've been put in that third Oracle game people've been talking about...

#15 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 13 October 2006 - 04:51 PM

To give you the honest truth, my pic was rushed. I heard Hero Link only had 1 submission, so I decided to submit something so the SotW wouldn't be cancelled. So, I used my kept-in-the-dust Guardian Legend tiles and quickly strung something together. So, I didn't really try to make a good pic. But, I'm hoping that the next pic I send in is the one I truly want as a winning pic. I do have something in mind, but I need to make the tiles. I have the sprites for it, though.

EDIT: Just for the heck of things, I'm just going to make some funny criticism to my own pic. First, my character looks too fat. I should've fixed her up, first. Second, I didn't do very much to the subscreen, aside from the Life Meter and rupee count. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Animus01, 13 October 2006 - 04:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users