Custom Subscreen Screenshots

• Please log in to reply
1493 replies to this topic

#31 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:24 AM

You're right.. it is supposed to be filled. It is supposed to be the large map for the dungeon... but as I explained above, I can't get it to appear. That's why I'm hoping for that tutorial. icon_wink.gif

#32 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE(Love For Fire @ Aug 12 2006, 02:24 AM)
You're right.. it is supposed to be filled. It is supposed to be the large map for the dungeon... but as I explained above, I can't get it to appear. That's why I'm hoping for that tutorial. icon_wink.gif

View Post

Reason it appears for me is probably because I use customized mini-map and large-map graphics.. You might need to edit those on p4 of the dmap editor. icon_wink.gif

#33 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:21 AM

I LOOOVE this thing! I made my own subscreen. I'm just missing a couple of things. I'll post it as soon as I can post a demo. Which hopefully will be soon.

God bless,
Daiv

#34 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE(Sephiroth @ Aug 12 2006, 04:12 AM)
Reason it appears for me is probably because I use customized mini-map and large-map graphics.. You might need to edit those on p4 of the dmap editor. icon_wink.gif

View Post

I have that set up properly, because when I used the revision 2 subscreen, the map shows fine.

user posted image
This large map is what should be shown in the big hole on my custom subscreen.

#35 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:00 AM

Love For Fire,
try raising the big maps item number, it might be hiding behind your background, if that's not it check to see if it has the same item number as something else.

#36 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:49 AM

When you say item number... are you talking about the one in the bottom left that would say "50: Large Map"? I tried changing that to 4 which is the same value as on the Revision 2 subscreen... still no luck. Here are some things I observed.

If I delete the Large Map on the already exisiting subscreen (the one the map works on), and try to put in another one, there will just be an empty box! Even if I lower it to the item number it was already. I hit inspect, but can't make out any of that stuff. I did note the changes however.

Working Map / Non-working
Type: 17 / 17
Position: 0 / 0
X: 96 / 141
Y: 82 / 70
W: 0 / 1
H: 0 / 1
Color Type 1: 255 / 0
Color 1: 14 / 0
C. Type 2: 255 / 0
Color 2: 15 / 0
C. Type 3: 0 / 0
Color 3: 0 / 0
D1: 1 / 0
D2: 1 / 0
D3: 1 / 0
D4-9: 0 / 0
D10: 1 / 1
Frames: 0 / 0
Speed: 0 / 0
Delay: 0 / 0
Frame: 0 / 0
Dp1: NULL / NULL

Ahh... that's probably as specific as I can possibly be lol. Please help!

EDIT: It didn't actually come out in a nice chart like I wanted it... so I put the slashes.

Edited by Love For Fire, 12 August 2006 - 11:53 AM.

#37 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:04 PM

yea, I was talking about the number on the lower left, the lower that number is the farther it takes it to the background, it seems

Do you have it loaded in the dmap?

on that readout you provided, are all your colors black?

I'm just guessing here, I haven't had that problem, I'm just trying to think of some things that might cause your problem.

Edited by Freedom, 12 August 2006 - 12:06 PM.

#38 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:30 PM

I'm having trouble making my top subscreen be just that. It keeps givin me the BS complete subscreen top.

Please help, God bless,
Daiv

#39 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE(Love For Fire @ Aug 12 2006, 10:04 AM)
I have that set up properly, because when I used the revision 2 subscreen, the map shows fine.

user posted image
This large map is what should be shown in the big hole on my custom subscreen.

View Post

QUOTE(Freedom @ Aug 12 2006, 11:00 AM)
Love For Fire,
try raising the big maps item number, it might be hiding behind your background, if that's not it check to see if it has the same item number as something else.

View Post

Like he suggested, try raising your big map's number as high as it goes so it's on the very top layer. icon_wink.gif

QUOTE(Dekadx2 @ Aug 12 2006, 12:30 PM)
I'm having trouble making my top subscreen be just that. It keeps givin me the BS complete subscreen top.

Please help, God bless,
Daiv

View Post

You might need to overwrite the original 4 subscreens that are already there since the dmap-specific subscreens are still bugged from what I know. icon_wink.gif

#40 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:20 PM

An update. I've tried the highest number possible, and big map will not appear.

I tried making a passive subscreen... and it won't allow me to select it in the Dmap menu. On the passive subscreen, I can't get the minimap to appear now! I should just send this to someone who knows what they are doing.

EDIT: Lightbulb turns on... are you guys who are having success with your big/minimaps creating your subscreens from scratch? Or are you putting them in place of the exisitng subscreens? I've been creating mine from scratch. Maybe that could be it.

Edited by Love For Fire, 12 August 2006 - 03:54 PM.

#41 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:04 PM

No it's not really from scratch, I set it to custom, but it retained the general maps I had been using in revision 2 and those that I had set in the map styles area, then I started altering from there, I also have the mini and Big maps set in the dmap before and after map locations.

#42 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:38 PM

When I get home tonight I'll try that wth the backed-up version. I'll just edit the existing ones while still setting everything up like normal in the map styles and Dmap menus.

#43 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE(Sephiroth @ Aug 12 2006, 11:52 AM)

You might need to overwrite the original 4 subscreens that are already there since the dmap-specific subscreens are still bugged from what I know. icon_wink.gif

View Post

It retains the same name as an independent screen.
I tried deleting the 1st one but it ends up clearing off everything.
It won't overwrite.

God bless,
Daiv

#44 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(Love For Fire @ Aug 12 2006, 03:20 PM)
An update. I've tried the highest number possible, and big map will not appear.

I tried making a passive subscreen... and it won't allow me to select it in the Dmap menu. On the passive subscreen, I can't get the minimap to appear now! I should just send this to someone who knows what they are doing.

EDIT: Lightbulb turns on... are you guys who are having success with your big/minimaps creating your subscreens from scratch? Or are you putting them in place of the exisitng subscreens? I've been creating mine from scratch. Maybe that could be it.

View Post

I've overwrote the 4 that were originally there... icon_razz.gif

QUOTE(Dekadx2 @ Aug 12 2006, 05:23 PM)
It retains the same name as an independent screen.
I tried deleting the 1st one but it ends up clearing off everything.
It won't overwrite.

God bless,
Daiv

View Post

Heh.. Purely custom subscreens are still bugged... what you should do is take a backup of your quest before you did anything reguarind subscreens, open it up, and edit the 4 subscreens that are already there.. That's how I got mine working perfectly.. That's also how I believe others got it working perfectly. icon_smile.gif

#45 randy

randy

Senior

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:06 PM

Looking good i can't wait for the tutorial. Is it possible to have more than One screen such as alttp or oot (but I'm thinking more like alttp) where you have items and equipment on one screen but map info/dungeon info on the other?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users