Photo

Screenshot of the Week 131

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 131 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 131

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:53 PM

DarkFlameWolf
user posted image

Dragon Boy
user posted image
Hyrule castle shines is so holy, it even in the night. =o

Mighty Darknut
user posted image
Hiro discovers the Forest Temple is home to Bat Mages.

#2 Aori Radidjiu

Aori Radidjiu

Junior

• Members

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:01 PM

Hmmm... wow they're all very good! I put a lot of thought in this....and I think DFW's is the best. But my, they're all so nice... I'll have to congratulate you all on such fine screenies!

#3 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:35 PM

Darkflamewolf gets my vote. Perfect use with the PTUX tileset, and a very nice background altogether.

Dragon boy: It's alright but the bright gold on the castle in the night without any glimmers around the castle seems very strange to the eye.

Mighty Darknut: I see that you made some more custom tiles and that you edited some of your old walls. Neat.

#4 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:45 PM

DFW: Uses all tiles perfectly, but the top half of the shot feels quite empty, with really nothing there but ocean, and that setting sun. Also, eww to the Hybrid Link. I know it's not fair to consider a shot to be of less quality just for the Link tiles, but I really don't care.

Dragonboy: Yeah... That gold castle makes me want to claw my eyes out. Those rays look odd because the rest of the shot is night. Try removing the rays and adding sparks on the castle like Kingboo suggested.

MD: Custom drawn tiles... Love the effort, but alot of those tiles look like they are just mashed into the screen. Like they were painted on using the flat side of a butternife. But still, huge thumbs up for the custom work.

I nulled. So much love in this post.

#5 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE(Revfan9 @ Jul 16 2006, 11:45 PM)
MD: Custom drawn tiles... Love the effort, but alot of those tiles look like they are just mashed into the screen. Like they were painted on using the flat side of a butternife. But still, huge thumbs up for the custom work.

View Post

icon_confused2.gif

What is that even supposed to mean? I don't fallow what you're trying to say. icon_eyebrow.gif

#6 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:15 AM

well, I just realized; I haven't been voting for anyone since I was put in charge, and I CAN do that

so, my first vote since I became the SotW manager goes to DFW. the others are good, but her's just has that mystical feel to it. my only complaint is how dark the snow is over the land. if it was a bit brighter, and easier to see, it'd be pretty much perfect

#7 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:03 AM

there should really be a rule against .jpegs..

*null vote*

#8 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE(.TakaM @ Jul 17 2006, 02:03 AM)
there should really be a rule against .jpegs..
*null vote*

View Post

One could easily convert an image to .jpeg and then convert it to .gif. The dithering effect would remain. I do agree, though, that distorted images should not be allowed.

#9 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:10 AM

Wow Dragon Boy's castle is fabulously impressive icon_thumbsup.gif (Got my vote.)
DFW's sunset is originally vogue icon_wink.gif
Mighty Darknut's is uniquely creative icon_slycool.gif

#10 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:06 AM

DarkFlameWolf: Same comments as Gashin. The snowy landscape look beautiful with the snowfall, but the snow is just slightly too dark. If you brightened it even a little bit, it would make the scene just so much more "mystical" in that warm, fuzzy sort of way. ^.^

DragonBoy: Now this is a beautiful screen. Note how you didn't just make the castle bright, but made the rest of the screen dark as a contraposition. This screen gets my vote. (Plus I can be bribed by shiny things. icon_heh.gif )

Mighty Darknut: I love it how everything is hand drawn. I love the roots in the walls, I love the pool in the middle of the room, I love the shadows against the walls, I love the dirt and how it overlaps with the floor, .... .... the only thing that I don't like as much, are the green frames. They seem boring, but in comparison. It's a wonderful shot. icon_wink.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

#11 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE(Kingboo30 @ Jul 16 2006, 11:35 PM)
Mighty Darknut: I see that you made some more custom tiles and that you edited some of your old walls. Neat.

View Post

Those walls are new, actually. Everything in that screen is new except the mini map, item boxs, and lightsaber sprite. All of which are left over from the space-themed "Mitsumori: Sharon Saga" and will be changed. In case it's not apparent, this quest takes place on earth, save for one level (maybe).

I'm not too fond of those walls, so I may or may not change them.

#12 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 17 July 2006 - 11:12 AM

DarkFlameWolf:

-The screen is good, but it's really nothing I haven't seen before, other than the sun in the backround, which is really good. (stop doing your pictures as JPGs! Use GIF, it'll come up better!)

Dragon Boy:

-Perhaps the best out of there. All the gold looks weird, but it's very impressive still.

MD:

The custom tiles are nice, especially since it's hand-drawn, but it just looks... how you say... plain (sorry MD icon_frown.gif )

#13 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 July 2006 - 11:36 AM

Although there are only three screenshots this week, they are all very good.

Mighty Darknut - I haven't seen this look before. I really like how you put the room together.

Dragon Boy - Nice facade. I especially like those walls, and the sunlight through the trees is always a nice touch of outside influences.

DarkFlameWolf - I really like the sunset combined with the snow and the ledges.

It was very tough to decide. In the end, I chose DarkFlameWolf, as I have been very impressed with every screenshot I have seen here of Lost Isle from her and Peteo.

#14 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE(Mighty Darknut @ Jul 16 2006, 11:14 PM)
One could easily convert an image to .jpeg and then convert it to .gif. The dithering effect would remain. I do agree, though, that distorted images should not be allowed.

View Post

um, no. not going to happen. while I'm not too fond of .jpegs either, it's up to the entrant to decide what format to submit in. there's not going to be a rule forbidding them

#15 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:44 PM

DarkFlameWolf -- Absolutely beautiful. Setting the graininess of the file format aside, the colors are perfect for the setting. The perspective is atrocious, but isn't it that way in all Zelda quests? icon_razz.gif Oh yeah, and the header looks great.

Dragon Boy -- A very well-composed screen. I love the highlights and most of the colors, although I feel the yellow is a bit too bright in contrast with the overal darkness of the surrounding area. Otherwise, this is a splendid shot.

Mighty Darknut -- This is another good shot, but there's nothing in there that really sticks out in my mind...

I'll have to vote for DFW here. Good work by everybody.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users