Photo

Screenshot of the Week 118

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 118 (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 118

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:49 PM

ZC-Ninja
user posted image
The Birds are watching...

Siguy
user posted image
Don't ask

Peteo
user posted image
Nasty aliens harrashing Uncle Fester.

Link75
user posted image

Jonathan
user posted image
"I need a vacation."

it's late, because I only had two entries last Sunday

#2 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:56 PM

Siguy- Nice shot, but I wish there was a tad bit more color.

Petoe- Not the most appelling graphics, but I must say I like it icon_smile.gif

Link75- Pretty much just a bland shot. Nothing really special.

Jonathan- Its nice but... whoa. Did you rip all those grpahics? Because it just doesent look right... the water. I can dig the whole perspective thing on the layers and such, but the mountain descending into the base while still having the waterfall hit it looks... just akward icon_razz.gif. The bottem I am guessing is grass, but it is kinda hard to tell, and the Water Lillys seems a bit repedative. Had you just had a bit of vairty with the lily pads I would have voted for this one ^_^.

Nulled'.

#3 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:00 PM

I voted for link75. They're all pretty nice but I like the color in Link75's shot.

#4 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:48 AM

zc-ninja, by I dunno... a thousand miles?

#5 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:57 AM

Peteo: I just love Fester's Quest!

#6 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE(ZC-Ninja @ Apr 17 2006, 07:56 PM)
Jonathan- Its nice but... whoa. Did you rip all those grpahics? Because it just doesent look right... the water. I can dig the whole perspective thing on the layers and such, but the mountain descending into the base while still having the waterfall hit it looks... just akward icon_razz.gif. The bottem I am guessing is grass, but it is kinda hard to tell, and the Water Lillys seems a bit repedative. Had you just had a bit of vairty with the lily pads I would have voted for this one ^_^.

View Post

>.> but thats the only lily pad i have....fine il go make more...lots more.....TONS MORE...IL HAVE HUGE LILIES,small lilies
LILY PEOPLE,LILY TREES,LILY PETS, AND..oh wait why did i come here

well actually i only entered to see what people thought of the water/waterfalls
i kinda wish i hadnt used all the transparentcy since it messed up some colors
lile on the mountains,light blue = green
icon_razz.gif im suprised noone has commented on why i stuck tree trunks out from the side of a cliff

ZC-Ninja-is good but isnt your usual work
Siguy-feels blocky,theres not a rounded shape there
Peteo-looks good,great water
Link75-i love that tileset,its ashame its not used more often

#7 Pol's Voice

Pol's Voice

Adept

• Members

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:14 AM

I voted for ZC-Ninja.......is that Cyan?

#8 Anderson333

Anderson333

Senior

• Members

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:59 AM

Link 75 nice shot...looks right out of the oracle series...Which i happen to love. So you got my vote

Edited by Anderson333, 18 April 2006 - 01:08 PM.

#9 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:04 AM

I voted for Link75 because I thought it had the best design out of all of the pictures. The pallete is pretty good too, although I would change the red boarders.

#10 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:07 AM

Jonathan.
Because the good water usage. However it was a hard decision, because I didn't like any of them too much...

#11 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:06 PM

Oy! A tough decision this time around.

My vote goes to ZC-Ninja. I really like the look of the little house. However, the two large, flat, and plain roofs of the two much larger buildings in the foreground I find to be distracting. Everything else looks good, though.

I am not sure what to make out of some of the detail in Jonathan's shot. I am not that wild about the waterfalls, but I do like the grass.

I like the tileset used in Link75's shot, but outside of the set itself, it looks like something I have seen many times before.

Peteo's shot I find to be a good concept, but the placement of the trees make the screen look more artificial. When it comes to outdoor screens, I am more critical of that.

Siguy: Something in my mind tells me that the screen could use some better looking walls. I like the floor tiles, though.

#12 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:22 PM

No offesne, but there is nothing mind blowing and awesome this week...

ZC Ninja's is nice and colorful, but nothing grand icon_razz.gif Siguy's is different, but nothing great. Peteo's is interesting... ... I rerally like Link75's shot. It's not so much the set up, but it's the colors. That palette is awesome icon_wink.gif Jonoathans is very nice and detailed, but the lilly pads seem a bit out of place.... Okay I'm lazy bye..

By the way, I Null'd

#13 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, I pretty much just opened the quest and took a picture of a random spot in the town... This is pretty much just a regular shot, and not something with any pazzazz as most of the ones I show off icon_razz.gif. If I tried to make every place beautiful and such, I'd never get done.

Edited by ZC-Ninja, 18 April 2006 - 02:47 PM.

#14 mikepjr

mikepjr

• Members

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:00 PM

Im going with Jonathan.

Man, i just love the colors.
And something about that image speaks to me.

The rest look like something i have seen before.
I was going to go with Peteo, but he did not do anythign new with the graphics, they need spiced up.
As it is, they just looked riped.

Im not sure if Jonathan riped anything or not.
But i can not base my choice on the fact that i like a game i played before, i love festers quest.

But john, you got something going on there.
The rest of you guys need to try to do something new.

ZC-Ninja: I have seen those graphics done to death, add something custom to them.
Shiguy: What the hell am i looking at? I see what it says, but it is just too dull to me.
Link75: Hmmm, not real bad, but nothing new. Try working with the colors a bit, it all seem really green in a not so good way.

Edited by mikepjr, 18 April 2006 - 03:02 PM.

#15 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(mikepjr @ Apr 18 2006, 02:00 PM)
ZC-Ninja: I have seen those graphics done to death, add something custom to them.

View Post

Um.. the house is a strong edit (with the grey version it actually looks like bricks icon_razz.gif), the other houses are completly custom made, the chocobo is another edit, and the sword, Item part of the subscreen, and some of the grass are all custom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users