WIP BS-Tileset

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:32 PM

Some of you may have noticed that I have been working on BS Zelda tiles for a couple weeks now. I am sharing my current progress - mind you, it's a mess and some things are hardly finished (in some places tiles use wrong colors even). You can browse through the tiles or rip anything you need. If you feel like it you can also contribute by adding new of stuff or working on unfished things (especially the house interior - the furniture in particular - needs some retouching and also the castle tiles seem to throw off people).

Here's a download link: Newest version.

Screenshots for good measure:

Sheik.png

oG5ayzi.pngUi4f3PN.png

pOLfiTd.png8cfQ0gU.png

Spoiler

Credits: Alestance (and everybody listed in the Thunderbird credits), Radien's BS Tileset (and everybody listed in the credits there), PrinceMSC, NoeL, Fire Seraphim, Supindahood, Linkus, Relic, probably Robin, ZeldaFanGameCentral, and everbody I forgot.

Oh, right. Edit: The map in the quest file is not actually playable. There is also only like one red Octorok in all of Hyrule atm.

Edited by Sheik, 03 July 2017 - 12:55 PM.

• Neppy, Rambly, Reflectionist and 8 others like this

#2 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:09 PM

Whoa! This looks awesome!

Edit -- But I can't download that on my phone. Do you maybe have a different link?

Edited by Reflectionist, 26 June 2017 - 06:18 PM.

• Sheik likes this

#3 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:23 PM

Bruh. Excellent job. I have some critiques about the mismatched art styles of Prince's stuff and a few others, but on the whole, I love it. Especially how freaking bright it is! It looks like you took PureZC's own color palette and applied it to the tile set...

...Did you?

• Sheik and Naru like this

#4 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

Whoa! This looks awesome!

Edit -- But I can't download that on my phone. Do you maybe have a different link?

Here's a tiny upload link:

http://s000.tinyuplo...836449010725313

I hope that works better. Also, thanks for the compliment! :)

Bruh. Excellent job. I have some critiques about the mismatched art styles of Prince's stuff and a few others, but on the whole, I love it. Especially how freaking bright it is! It looks like you took PureZC's own color palette and applied it to the tile set...

...Did you?

Thank you, too. I agree with some of the mismatching and overall franksteinyness, but I am too bad of a spriter or just plain too lazy to fix these and partly some of the crappyness makes for the charme. As for the palette, I took PrinceMSC's work for reference (like, how the water is so light mostly) and then the rest is kind of intuition... you are right though, it does resemble the PZC skin! That's a coincidence, though.

• Anthus likes this

#5 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:46 PM

This is looking pretty good, as others have said. I don't have any real criticism, as the color balance, and general quality of it is better than anything I could produce in a reasonable amount of time.

If you are going the Frankenstein route, you should throw in the dungeons from Firebird, as those wall sets would work well with this aesthetic, I think. :)

#6 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:11 AM

Made the edits on the house interior I have been talking about:

p5wLGfZ.png

Spoiler

Edited by Sheik, 27 June 2017 - 10:52 AM.

• Jared likes this

#7 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:48 AM

Whoa, the map is looking gorgeous! Adding a carpenter objective to the L1 bridge is quite the clever homage :)

• Sheik likes this

#8 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:33 PM

Whoa, the map is looking gorgeous! Adding a carpenter objective to the L1 bridge is quite the clever homage :)

Hehe. Yeah the idea is that you can talk to Mutoh in Kakriko Village (maybe I will place him on the bridge instead, though) who will tell you that his carpenter crew was scared off by the skull next to the broken bridge and ran into hiding. And then you have to find all four of the carpenters in caves across the field area and send them back to work so that the bridge will be repaired.

Anyways. I have been spriting Jabu Jabu's Belly dungeon tiles. There is only walls and floor tiles as of yet and it is obviously an edit of the OoA tileset, but I really like what I've got going so far. Here's a screenshot:

pOLfiTd.png

Of course there will be different enemies eventually. Jelly Fish mostly, I imagine. Though the Stalfoses do not look out of place either!

Edited by Sheik, 27 June 2017 - 03:04 PM.

• Shane, Eddy, Jared and 2 others like this

#9 xanadude

xanadude

heh

• Members

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:51 PM

Are you planning on making a full Z1 remake? If so, sign me the HECK up!

#10 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:34 PM

If you make the Magic Sword into the Master Sword, I think there's a chance for a really cool story about how it came to be in a grave.

I keep thinking about making Link's initial shield reflect rocks back at enemies because the manual describes Link cleverly driving off Impa's attackers and he starts the game off with only a shield. Problem is that makes Octoroks, a super common enemy quite a lot easier.

Edited by Cukeman, 28 June 2017 - 12:28 AM.

• Anthus and Sheik like this

#11 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:57 PM

If you make the Magic Sword into the Master Sword, I think there's a chance for a really cool story about how it came to be in a grave.

I keep thinking about making Link's initial shield reflect rocks back at enemies because the manual describes Link cleverly chasing off Impa's attackers and he starts the game off with only a shield. Problem is that makes Octoroks, a super common enemy quite a lot easier.

To make it less OP, maybe their own rocks only hurt them (or one-shot them) if they are not facing you? Or maybe Link had the Savage Lynel Shield, which can inflict melee damage and broke all his swords on said Lynel before fighting Impa's would-be assailant Octoroks off? :P

#12 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

Worked on a Korok Forest palette and added a Deku tree and Master Sword stuff.

8cfQ0gU.png

And here's more stuff so that you can set up a "camera pan" and such:

9ElPryM.png

Edited by Sheik, 30 June 2017 - 05:27 PM.

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder, Bourkification, Shane and 3 others like this

#13 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:16 PM

To make it less OP, maybe their own rocks only hurt them (or one-shot them) if they are not facing you? Or maybe Link had the Savage Lynel Shield, which can inflict melee damage and broke all his swords on said Lynel before fighting Impa's would-be assailant Octoroks off? :P

Is scripting allowed? An alternative would be to do what Breath of the Wild did in regards to Guardian lasers. Any shield can block them, but it has to be a perfectly-timed Shield Bash, not just holding up the shield. (At least, if I'm remembering what I read correctly. I still haven't played the game yet.)

You could script the Shield to where for a split-second, it reflects projectiles. Something like five to ten frames, if we're planning around 60 FPS. After that, the game silently swaps your Shield to a version that doesn't reflect projectiles, and keeps it like that until you put the Shield away and pull it out again.

(Of course, if somebody was going to cheese it, they'd rapidly tap the button or use auto-fire or something to always have the reflecting Shield out. Maybe a cooldown time before the effect is ready to work again?)

#14 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:53 PM

Your artistry completes me.

• Sheik likes this

#15 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:30 AM

Great stuff! I guess this means I should probably stop working on my expansion project and instead team up with you instead. I might. I really really like what you've been doing with my tiles.

Edited by Alestance, 01 July 2017 - 08:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users