Anthus Plays: TLoZ: A Link to the Past (100%) [SNES Console Capture]

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:38 PM

Anthus Plays: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (100% Collection) [SNES Console Capture]

(YouTube Playlist)

This LP has wrapped on 12/12/16! | Anthus' LP Index

qQ8RS9Q.png

Soo, slight change in schedule. I am now able to capture directly from composite cables, so I am testing it out with a commentariless playthrough of ALttP. That game just turned 25, you know, so I figured what better way to celebrate than by playing my original copy on the original system, with a real SNES controller (which I completely took apart and cleaned)?

This is a game that needs no introduction. It is my personal favorite Zelda game of all time, and easily one of my overall favorite games of all time. Here, I am playing it on a real SNES hooked up to my computer. This is my first LP series with a capture device. There is no commentary during the game play. At the time of writing this, it is so far a 0 death playthrough. I hope to keep it that way. I'm also going for 100% collection

**TIMES OF INTEREST & Descriptions**

Spoiler

• Joca likes this

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:09 PM

Part 18, the Ice Palace has been added to the playlist!

Instead of taking on Level 7 (which I tried in a scrapped recording) we go ahead and get real, and go back to Level 5. The other Water Temple before the Water Temple. Since we have the Cane of Somaria from Level 6 though, one hugely annoying puzzle is completely skipped. This is a really good run of the Ice Palace, tbh.

1:20 - Level 5
9:15 - Find Blue Male, and skip huge backtracking puzzle.
10:45 - Boss! (One of my favorites!)
11:33 - Crystal!

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:39 PM

Part 19, Turtle rock is now uploaded!

This is a long one, but we are able to finish Turtle Rock, and narrowly escape Trinexx. We also find the last piece of heart here, and upon beating the boss, fill up our hearts!

1:50 - Level 7
10:00 - Last heart piece!
13:13 - Get Mirror Shield!
19:09 - Boss!
21:00 - Final Crystal!

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:09 PM

Parts 20-22 have been uploaded! That means, we have finished the entire game! And what a run it was.

Part 20

This is a relatively short section were we tie up the last few threads before heading off into the game's final tower. Watch as we get free magic potions, get the best sword, and waste (count' em!) THREE Super Bombs! That's a total of 400 rupees! Who cares?! This is the end-game. But.. I technically did forget to go back to the Pond of Happiness, and max out the bombs and arrows. But who wants to watch that boring slog? We get into Level 8 in the next section.

Part 21

We tackle the last dungeon. I think it's a pretty good run. I kind of forgot how big this place is, but I get lucky af, and we make it through pretty flawlessly. The final bosses are in the long anticipated NEXT VIDEOOOOOO!! Thanks for watching, guys.

2:40 - The Seal on the Tower falls!
9:14 - Armos Knights Rematch
15:09 - Lanmola Rematch
20:00 - Trolldorm Rematch, but he only fucks me three times, and not 30, so that's good :D

Part 22

Agahnim starts things off right away, but we beat Ganon's ass pretty good at about,

1:52 - GANNNNNNNNNNNMMMMMMMNMNMNMNMMMNMNMNMNMNMMON!!!!!!
3:55 - "Ganon has been totally destroyed!" - Says no one in Hyrule, ever.
13:05 - Games Played

The game wraps up after that with some cutscenes. Link obtains the Triforce, and though, it is never stated what his wish was, it was more than likely to restore Hyrule, and the Golden Land. Or, into theory territory, maybe he wished for his Uncle to come back, and hence, Ganon is able to return in the future, cause Hyrule logic.

NOTE: This game counts save & quits as "Games Played", or otherwise, as deaths. I'm not too happy about this, since I honestly did only legit die once, and that was during an un-uploaded Moldorm fight (I use, I think, two fairies on screen). I saved and quit a lot though, off cam, but whatevs. I love this game, so I'll play it again! I feel like I played kind of poorly in some spots, but it wasn't a terrible run.

Thank you for watching! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users