• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:48 AM

With Spellbound Temple's design complete, and me not wanting to work on Ancient Waterworks (which sits around 40% I believe), I've decided to create the forest dungeon of Sanctuary Tree known as the Wildland Shrine.

Today a big chunk of it was completed, and I have mapped everything out on paper and I am quite pleased with the general flow of the dungeon. The central puzzle of this dungeon is that it's multi-entranced meaning you'll need to approach some sections from a different entrance. Eventually you will be allowed to explore the dungeon (or at the very least the first floor) as a whole once you obtain the dungeon item...

Keep in mind the screenshots are WIP and have no enemies, still deciding on them. Also cheat 4.

Posted Image
One of the four entrances.

Posted Image
Looks like I need to go to another entrance.

Posted Image
Leading to the basement...

Posted Image
The switch is out of reach - how will I activate it?

Posted Image
Hm, how do I open that chest?

Posted Image
Another out of reach switch... Looks like the dungeon item might help me here.

That's all for now. The next update will show more progress on this dungeon with enemies and a general sense of completion. :)
  • Sephiroth, Neppy, Eddy and 7 others like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:53 AM

Well, the dungeon item seems to be pretty obvious now :P

Either way, I love how this dungeon is designed, the vegetation on the walls suits this dungeon so well.

• Shane and Lightwulf like this

#3 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:53 AM

eAlFkfA.png

I will be disappointed if there's no hidden staircase under that slab in the northern-half of the entrance room.

As an aside though, looking good. That brown thing in the pink water looks a tad out of place though, no idea what it is. :shrug:
  • Shane likes this

#4 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:55 AM

As an aside though, looking good. That brown thing in the pink water looks a tad out of place though, no idea what it is. :shrug:

Looks like a water mill to me.

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:56 AM

I will be disappointed if there's no hidden staircase under that slab in the northern-half of the entrance room.

That's general decor. However, that's not to say there might be another slab in the dungeon that holds a secret... ;)

It's meant to be a waterwheel... I will admit, it does look about awkward so I will replace/remove it eventually.

#6 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:00 AM

That's general decor.

What? No secret staircase? Now I'm a sad panda... ... Though if it's meant to be general decor, think you could try editing out the line going down the middle of it and make it appear to be a solid single piece slab? That'd work better, imho.

#7 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:03 AM

Nice progress! The dungeon is looking pretty good. The graphic for the whaterwheel probably looks better when animated. Not sure.

• Shane likes this

#8 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:11 AM

What? No secret staircase? Now I'm a sad panda... ... Though if it's meant to be general decor, think you could try editing out the line going down the middle of it and make it appear to be a solid single piece slab? That'd work better, imho.

Good suggestion, just did it now!

Nice progress! The dungeon is looking pretty good. The graphic for the whaterwheel probably looks better when animated. Not sure.

Well, I would be lying if I said it looked good in animation, I did a pretty poor job animating it. In any case, I decided to remove it and just make the area a poll of still water. I have enemies planned for water sections of the dungeon actually.

Thanks everyone!

• Sephiroth likes this

#9 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:20 AM

I decided to remove it and just make the area a poll of still water.

RIP watermill, you will be forever missed.

I honestly thought it was perfectly fine having it there, but oh well, it's your quest :P

• Shane and coolgamer012345 like this

#10 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:09 AM

You could try how things would look with ...a lot. of bushes on most screens. If you make an extra bush with rare, crappy drops it won't result in a difficulty issue either. It would enhance the overgrown feel of the place, though. Likewise, patches of dirt would further the runied look - if that is what you are going for.

• Shane and Avaro like this

#11 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:21 PM

That's general decor. However, that's not to say there might be another slab in the dungeon that holds a secret... ;)

It's meant to be a waterwheel... I will admit, it does look about awkward so I will replace/remove it eventually.

Maybe this is just a cover story!  I bet there is a secret staircase and Shane's just not telling us.  BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE THE TRUTH FROM ME.

• Shane, Eddy and Lightwulf like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users