...And another update!!111

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cereal Guy

Cereal Guy

Senior

• Members

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:49 PM

Here is the overworld map! with more screens, more secrets, 4 heart container pieces, three caves, a potion shop, this is my idea for the map:

Left (←) Zora Flippers
Up (↑) Kakariko Village.
Down (↓) Not defined yet, but I want to implement the first dungeon in this direction.
Right (→) Not defined yet.

http://img.prntscr.c...com/4hvJlPy.png (This is the map)

I accept your critiques, opinions, ideas and more... I'm not so good in terms of imagination(for create screens and maps) so I need help with this :love:

Edited by Cereal Guy, 22 May 2016 - 08:50 PM.

• jwex001, Lightwulf, Matthew and 1 other like this

#2 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:42 PM

If you have trouble coming up with ideas for map design you can always study the maps Nintendo made and take inspiration there.

• nicklegends likes this

#3 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:18 PM

I can't speak for everybody, but I really appreciate it when screens are distinct from one another.  It helps me get a sense of where I am and where I'm headed.  For example, I might say, "Oh, I'm on the screen with the big statue; I remember I need to head left from here to get to the forest."  The technical design of your map is fine, but some of the screens look similar (like all those featuring grass with a big tree).  I'd encourage you to give each screen its own feel wherever you can.

Looks like you're making good progress overall.  Keep it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users