Re-envisioning

Photo

That's it man, it's game over man! Game over!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 xanadude

xanadude

heh

• Members

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:08 PM

Aliens refrences aside, I want to tell y'all the dealio. This quest is now inactive. When I was working originally on this game, I had a vision to modernize Zelda 1 and make it more accessible and different than the original. I starting making it on EZGBZ, a tileset which I didn't know (at the time) how to use correctly. That means bland details, terrible screen structure, and the absent use of palettes. It looked like a five year old replaced the tiles of the original and called it a "remake" in my eyes. I stopped working on it for a while just to work on different things. I started to grow as a screen creator, and thought that it would be for the best to use a much more detailed tileset. I made the next mistake of using a very unfinished tileset that's mainly for the use (right now due to it's unfinishedness) of just making screens, not games. So, I again stopped, and this lasted for AWHILE. And now that I'm getting back into ZQuest, I think I should shut this down. I might revisit the idea of making a cool remake of Zelda 1 later down the road, but not now. Chao.

- Gen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users