• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:10 AM

So, since the 2015 Fall Expo has began accepting submissions, time to make one more update before the expo begins.

First off, a quick progress check on what's been happening with the quest. I recently got quite a bit of Rolling Ridge done, which is the next area of the quest, as well as completing the majority of the Moblin's Fortress (though the boss still isn't finished yet). So I'm about over halfway there when it comes to reaching Level 5.

Secondly, the expo is a thing, so I WILL be hosting a demo of this project this year. I'm hoping I'll get a good turnout like last year. What can you expect from the demo? I haven't really decided where to cut off my demo yet, but I'm considering somewhere between Level 1 or 2. I'll see as I play test through the intro of the game and the starting areas again.

As a result of this, progress on this quest will be stopped until after the expo is over so that I can carefully fix any errors and issues others find and so that I am able to thoroughly check through my demo before I go and submit it (which should be quite soon).

With that said, thanks for reading guys and see you all in the 2015 Fall Expo :D
  • Shane, Lightwulf, Demonlink and 3 others like this

#2 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:40 PM

Good idea.  If you include a bunch of levels in the demo, people might not finish it.  Even in my quest, I have no idea how many people got all the way through, and I had the first 4 levels accessible.  (I'd wanted people to explore the island that level 4 is on 'cause the first few islands weren't that big; but I naively didn't think about the players.)

• Eddy and Mr.Butters like this

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:58 PM

Good idea.  If you include a bunch of levels in the demo, people might not finish it.  Even in my quest, I have no idea how many people got all the way through, and I had the first 4 levels accessible.  (I'd wanted people to explore the island that level 4 is on 'cause the first few islands weren't that big; but I naively didn't think about the players.)

Yeah, I'm definitely not going to include a lot of levels for that reason alone. From the start to the 1st or 2nd dungeon is an estimated 30-40 mins or so, so that seems like a good length to me.

• KingPridenia and Mr.Butters like this

#4 Mr.Butters

Mr.Butters

Taco Man

• Members

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:07 PM

Yeah, I'm definitely not going to include a lot of levels for that reason alone. From the start to the 1st or 2nd dungeon is an estimated 30-40 mins or so, so that seems like a good length to me.

yea 30-40 mins. for a demo is plenty. if they get bored in the demo they mite think that the game may not be for them and miss out.

• Eddy likes this

#5 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:03 PM

So hey, good news. I submitted my entry and I am now waiting for the 25th. This is gonna be exciting :P

• Lightwulf, KingPridenia and Mr.Butters like this

#6 Mr.Butters

Mr.Butters

Taco Man

• Members

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:31 PM

cool when it comes out i will look at it!

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:55 AM

So I did say that progress will be stopped for the expo coming in about 15 days, but I couldn't help myself and just continue working on the quest. The intro of the quest is the main priority when the expo comes around, but for now I'll just continue making my way to Level 5 :P

• Shane, Lightwulf, KingPridenia and 1 other like this

#8 Mr.Butters

Mr.Butters

Taco Man

• Members

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:19 PM

sounds like you're having fun making it! :toast:

• Shane, Eddy and Jenny like this

#9 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators