Photo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:52 PM

Okayy...sooo... people are probably wondering what is going on with this as I have not updated or shown any progress in quite a while...well, excluding those two videos I posted...
Anyways, I am not going on hiatus, i still will be working on this project, but I have decided, instead of waiting until this project is finished, to start my next one.

I have decided this due to me not feeling inspired to keep making this quest, I have been wanting to do something new for something quite a while as opening this one has seemed like a chore. i am, quite frankly, not happy with how alot of things where done or has come together.

I'll be honest, if I was inspired, and had a good stretch of time, with what I have done sofar, I would be able to finish atleast the next two dungeons and be on the last one in less than a month. The concepts for the dungeons, the gimmicks and all that are not too difficult to implement. This quest was never designed to be a complicated quest, not one with an indepth storyline or to even be all too long or great, it was simply for me to explore what can be done with the Zelda Classic program, which I feel I have a decent grasp on the basics to the point that I can make a proper quest now, one more organized and can be built with more skill made fresh than what I have currently displayed in this quest.
(honestly, if you saw the set up for any of it, like the map layouts, you'd cringe and want to cry whilst looking for anything resembling order or logic to what I have set up...)

Anyways, reading that, you'd think I am giving up on it, but that is not the case. I will be working on it, it's just I want to do something else at the same time, to let my other ideas flourish instead of forcing myself to work on something I don't want to at the time. I don't like it feeling like a chore to keep working on something, like most of you understand, and want my joy and creativity to be reflected in my work, not my contempt that I feel at the time.

Anyways, i will be doing a walkthrough video of my third dungeon before starting this new proect, so keep an eye out for that as I will be doing/positing it this week.

Thankyou for your understanding, and updates will follow!
  • Shane likes this

#2 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:53 AM

This is a norm.

Nobody would have ever thought Souls of Wisdom 2 would have fallen in this position. But the reality of the fact, my other projects are set on more possible grounds. 

Once I finish the other main projects I want to finish. I'll be returning to Souls 2, but by the time I complete Souls 2, or if I ever complete it, I am predicting PureZC will have an entirely new community and most of its existing community will have moved on.

So what's my point exactly? :P This is the nature of quest designing. It's almost like work without pay. Hell, sometimes it is work without pay, and it's this reason why some projects have such a hard time finding completion.

I wouldn't worry about giving up on a project or putting a project on hold, as long as you are enjoying what you are doing. The only reason I'd even recommend encouraging people to follow through on their quests, and the reason I follow through on them is because it teaches us self discipline in a way. It teaches us not to impulsively jump around hyping up a bunch of projects that'll never exist. But also, on the other side of that same coin, we don't need to practically make our lives miserable for the sake of one quest either. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users