Working on Level 9 now

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 FnrrfYgmSchnish

FnrrfYgmSchnish

Junior

• Members

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

After playing through a big chunk of the quest twice and fixing various bugs (Armos with no under-combo, bush on one screen connects to a spot where there's walkable ground on the next screen, certain warp returns getting you stuck in a wall, stairs accidentally leading to the wrong room that made one heart piece impossible to get, etc.), I'm now back to working on Level 9.

I've finally gotten around to setting up the method of getting into Level 9 in the first place -- the cave that leads to the area of the map where the entrance is located uses a "have all Triforce pieces to pass" room to block you out if you haven't beaten the previous 8 levels yet, but there's another step involved even beyond that before you can actually enter the level itself. If you head over to the tower before doing this final step, all you'll find is a sealed gate and a bunch of fireballs.

Floors 1 through 4 of the tower were already mostly finished before I went into "distracted by other stuff" mode, but the 4th floor is now completely done and I've also pretty much finished the 5th floor.

I've also started planning out the final boss in the past few days, and it's looking like I will actually be able to get a pretty decent boss fight set up even without having to learn scripting thanks to the enemy editor and automatic warps between multiple versions of the same room (a trick I also used to put together Level 8's boss, after deciding against using a modified version of NES Ganon.) Earlier today I started on the graphics for the boss's various forms; just need some tiles for the boss room and I should be able to set it up and start testing, tweaking, and balancing it. Well, once I get the other floors of Level 9's tower done, anyway -- there's still two more left to go!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users