#1 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:49 AM

Release 58J:
This release follows Release 58Ix13.

New Features

• Added system for tracking amount of damage dealt to enemies. This is display on a per-hit basis, but the present implementation is rudimentary.

Known Bugs (Drawing Damage):

• Added waitframes may cause inherently odd behaviour. This will be fixed when the revised Draw() functions are complete.
  • Enemies with multiple segments do not show damage indicator by main segment; rather, it is on whatever segment is hit. This, likewise, is scheduled for a patch.
  • Numbers far below 0 (-1001+) may be seen at times.
  • When displaying a Screen->Message while a number is visible, or at the same time an enemy dies, a value will be seen at X0+offset:Y0+offset on that screen. Tango integration will fix this.
  • Enhanced save state functions: These now save more information.
  • Added functions for item pick-up using lweapons, beyond the normal capabilities of ZC. These can be directed, and at present, allow any item, from a list (array) of items to be retrieved with an lweapon type read from a separate list (array).
    • This allows for different types of item retrieval, but most importantly, this works with keys (normal, and standard), and is at present also set to pick up Level items such as master ('boss') keys, maps, and so forth. The functions for this are in RPG.zh/RPG_Items.zh and have been integrated past the experimental phase. (They are complete.)
  • Added opening text, explaining game mechanics. This is temporary, meaning that by the beta phase, it will be replaced with something that does this using player interaction. The messages appear only on first play.
    • Note: For repeated testing while making new saves, hold ~ to disable frame limits, to quickly bypass them, if they are tiresome.
  • Teleport Matrix Item is complete, and tested. One bug has occurred to date, that seemed to correspond to general odd behaviour from ZC. I have not been able to replicate, or otherwise encounter this again; however, at some point, the coordinates map was corrupted. A second map, that preserves the previous coordinates (when setting new coordinates), may be needed. Coordinates are saved by both a Quick Save, and a Full Save.
  • Added some of the Imperial Citadel area. This will be an area in the final game (the starting area, as planned), and will be greatly expanded. At present, it serves as the start point in the game. Teleport Matrix Destination '1' defaults to here, so if you leave this area, use the Teleport Matrix item, 'Go 1' to return. Destination '2' is also set to this, if you accidentally overwrite '1'. The others may also be set to these coordinates in this, and later releases.
  • Added FFCs:
    • Added FFCs to display special area names, when entering a screen. These can be set to display only once, or once per game; however, at present they always appear.
    • Added FFC that changes the music when near certain characters, or in special areas. The music returns to the standard DMAP music when leaving range of FFC.
  • Added test enemies:
    • Octorock 100 (Standard red, slow octorock with 100HP, for testing weapon damage, and damage display.)
    • Octorock 1000 (As above, with 1,000 HP)
    • Glitchmolas: These are set up to determine what alternate animation types do to lanmola enemies. The result is interesting, and I have plans to use it, with alternate sprites.
  • Other miscellaneous updates.
  • Partial integration of RPG.zh Alpha 0.70.

Notes: Ran out of global variables in build R58Ix11. Fixed by removing global strings.

Next: The phases of development to follow, are massive code-modifications...

1. All vars not in use, must be removed. (Nowhere as easy as it sounds.)
  2. All vars not part of arrays, must be integrated. This, likewise, is neither easy, nor fun, as there are many imported files, that work on these, and it is mandatory to change them, one at a time, and update the GameDynamics[] and GameEvents[] constants, and simultaneously modify any usage of those vars with the functions Is() and Var().
  3. Finish all XP tables, CR tables, and related arrays.
  4. Remove old XP system, entirely.
  5. Install new XP system, test, and debug as needed. (When done, this will also bump RPG.zh a versioning notch, as a good part of RPG_Experimental.zlib, and RPG_Experimental_Ext.zlib, are the latest XP system.
  6. Merge arrays that do not need to be isolated from one-another. This, is just tedious.

As always, I appreciate your feedback, and continued testing.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 31 May 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:43 PM

Good update. I'm looking forward to future updates.

Edit: I don't know why it was numbered. O_o

Edited by Shane, 31 May 2015 - 09:46 PM.

#3 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:13 PM

Good update. I'm looking forward to future updates.

Edit: I don't know why it was numbered. O_o

Which numbering?

The quest release versioning, or the numbering in the list of what I plan to do next?

The .qst files have detailed versioning, to keep track of incremental changes: This is Alpha Version 0.74, Release 58-J. That's what those numbers mean.

I numbered the list of the next planned features, is in the order that I plan to implement each. (That order is the only logical progression that would work, for the record. Doing any part of that out-of-sequence would exponentially increase the amount of work that I'd need to do to accomplish everything in the list.)

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 31 May 2015 - 10:15 PM.

#4 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:15 PM

My post was numbered on accident. I don't know how I managed to do that. But yeah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users