ZC

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:33 PM

Zelda Deluxe Mini 2 is the 4th of 5 quests in Matthew Bluefox's V2 series of Zelda Deluxe.  This quest is trickier in general, but can be easier IF you've played the original Zelda Deluxe

Part 1 - Starting off with the usual strategy, though it's a bit more complicated this time around.  Have to pick spots more carefully in where to find money

#2 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:19 AM

That Elite Red Octorok screen...THAT'S the requirement just for the Green Ring? Dear god, what will be guarding the Blue Ring? Like Elite Blue Lynels or something? I won't lie; I'd probably just go for level 1's boss with three hearts and gray clothes, hoping for the best. I'm beginning to wonder if level 2 will have Blue Darknuts in it already. I remember ZD3 did, along with Fire Zols.

For the record, when I say "Elite (insert enemy name here)", that's referring to the deep red and deep blue colored enemies. Bluefox and I had a bit of a disagreement over color back in the original Zelda Deluxe when tier 3 enemies were more pink colored versus deep red and tier 4s were purple instead of deep blue.

#3 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:38 PM

Well, level 1's boss is just a luck game.  Even with better equipment, only gives a bit more room.

Honestly, pretty much will want to have better armor just to get to level 2

The more bizarre moves come in later parts

#4 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:58 PM

Part 2 - You can kind of see the ante ramps up earlier.  Money is also tight, having to buy a bunch of stuff early on.

#5 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:03 PM

Part 3 - Going through most of level 3.  Not sure if the original ZD3 or this version is harder with this level.  Luckily some door tricks help to make the level go more smoothly.

#6 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:35 PM

Kind of hard to say. The original had those four heart damage Money Likes and Magic Likes. Maybe I'm just basing my judgment on MeleeWizard going through Level 3 in ZD3 with pretty subpar stats. Nothing IMO should hit THAT hard that early. Even the Blue Darknuts and Fire Zols were too much for level 2. Having normal strength Blue (Green in this case) Wizzrobes is just brutal. Devilfish is really an appropriate dungeon name!

I'm assuming if you'd be a typical player that tried L2 with just 4 hearts and gray tunic or L3 with 5 hearts and gray tunic, it would be a death montage?

#7 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:05 PM

Kind of hard to say. The original had those four heart damage Money Likes and Magic Likes. Maybe I'm just basing my judgment on MeleeWizard going through Level 3 in ZD3 with pretty subpar stats. Nothing IMO should hit THAT hard that early. Even the Blue Darknuts and Fire Zols were too much for level 2. Having normal strength Blue (Green in this case) Wizzrobes is just brutal. Devilfish is really an appropriate dungeon name!

I'm assuming if you'd be a typical player that tried L2 with just 4 hearts and gray tunic or L3 with 5 hearts and gray tunic, it would be a death montage?

Potentially for most typical players.  I can get through it, but the videos would really drag on.  Although I get to do some risky stuff later on in this run...

#8 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:59 AM

Part 4 - Good thing I got the whisp ring earlier on.  Lets me use level 4 as a base for money grinding.  Starting with the simpler items first, then we'll be using this for the expensive stuff later on.

#9 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:45 AM

Part 5 - Now going through most of level 4, picking up a few items.  We'll finish this level later, as I have to come back here anyway later on for money grinding

#10 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:37 AM

The like-likes in the modernised (not remastered) versions had their HP and damage reduced to a standard like-like. Green wizzrobes had their damage halved, also their magic spell. That way you could make it through Level 3 with green ring and white sword and about 6 or 7 hearts, a red potion always recummended though.

Nice playthrough, Pixie! :)

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 26 March 2015 - 06:43 AM.

#11 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:38 PM

Part 6 - Going into level 5 to pick up some key items.  Slow and steady helps a bit here.

Hmm, should I play it safe to clean up earlier levels, or just try to push into the next levels?

#12 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:18 PM

Part 7 - Could go back and clean up stuff, but let's just go onward instead.  Yeah, white sword doesn't exactly cut it for this level onward.  Good thing for some lucky breaks in some of the tougher rooms

#13 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:27 PM

Part 8 - Moving into level 7, which luckily does not take long to get what I need out of there.  Then we may as well head into the level 8 area.  Good thing for the edge of the screen, as that is fairly safe to hide in

#14 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:50 PM

Part 9 - I guess you can say this one item is the whole reason I took this bit of a risky path

#15 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:39 AM

Part 10 - Grinding for lots of money, only to spend all of it shortly after on expensive stuff

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ZC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users