Photo

Screenshot of the Year 2014 - Final Hours

PrinceMSC NewJourneysFire Orithan Robin Screenshot of the Year 2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Year - Final Hours (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will be the one to bring true peace to the land at last?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:44 PM

And so here they were, the four who remained, making their way into the world's central town. From the southern entrance, having conquered the swamp, entered NewJourneysFire. From the north stepped in Orithan, having scaled frozen peaks. From the west, PrinceMSC, who'd plundered the depths. From the east appeared Robin, conquering death itself. Their eyes were drawn to the clock tower, the center of the town, the herald of celebration... and much more. Rumors told of a great evil within the Clock Tower, and only a true hero would be able to vanquish it, lest it be released upon the world, undoing all the four had worked so hard to accomplish thus far. Which of them would restore the land, freeing it from the unseen evil grip within? The four each resolved to be the one...

NewJourneysFire - Screenshot of the Month 111

NewJourneysFire-SotM111.png

These Peahats better be flying types!

Orithan - Screenshot of the Month 120

Orithan-SotM120.png

Just as Hal enters the Crystal Caverns for the first time, he has already discovered the essence that lies in the area. Now he just has to find out how to get to it. If only he had Super Bombs...

PrinceMSC - Screenshot of the Month 110

PrinceMSC-SotM110.png

9 Phantoms... it's getting closer!

Robin - Screenshot of the Month 116

Robin-SotM116.png

Hey, ugly! You're in a bottleneck, and it'll kill ya!

• TheLegend_njf likes this

#2 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:47 PM

I voted for the Half Blood Prince this year!

#3 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:49 PM

Wow. This SotY so incredibly amazing. It's so difficult to vote for one screenshot; I just wish I could vote for all of them. :P

In any case, I eventually reached my decision. This year I voted for PrinceMSC to win SotY 2014 because of the astounding visuals and aesthetics, amazing structure, and amazing subscreen. Incredible job with the screen!

As with all the other contestants, I also believe that you other three have done an incredible job with your respective screenshot as well. There's honestly nothing wrong with any of the 4 screenshots, so you 3 were incredibly close behind PrinceMSC's screen, in my opinion.

Thank you to the contestants for making these awesome screenshots! Good luck!

• Avaro likes this

#4 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:53 PM

I voted for Robin. Something about the aesthetics - everything else looks good, great, even, and it was a close draw between Robin's and Prince's, but I ultimately feel as if Robin's kinda "connects" better, if that makes any sense? I don't know. I'm bad an explaining concepts and things and ideas. Words. These are words.

They're all really vibrant, but I connect better with Robin's "simplistic" style than I do with everything else. It just feels solid and snappy. Just a preference in theme, I suppose.

Edited by Skipper, 18 January 2015 - 08:55 PM.

#5 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:14 PM

Had to vote for NewJourneysFire because OMG that minimap!!!!! and it's just an altogether beautifully put together screen that really shows what its tileset is capable of, A great screen, and a great preview of what looks to be a great quest. Looking forward to it! :)

#6 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:16 PM

These are all amazing shots, but my vote is going to Orithan. I'm still wowed by that screen when I see it.

#7 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:33 PM

Robin won Screenshot of the Year for me. Graphically awesome, with a nice open structure. Second is Orithan. His crystal caves are just colourful and atmospheric.

#8 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:31 PM

I gotta say. This was a REALLY HARD choice. But I voted PrinceMSC. Should release a tileset of it! :D

#9 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

This Screenshot of the Year is VERY tight. In the end though, I'm voting for PrinceMSC because of that amazing tileset and it just never ceases to amaze me. The other screens are just as great and really blew me away this year.

#10 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

Posting from my phone lol. Every shot here deserves to be here so it makes it hard. After pouring over them, I feel as though NJF deserves it. I still can't get over the amount of detail and shading achieved with a modified classic set. Good work everyone. :)

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:55 PM

Our adventurers' prowess:

- NewJourneysFire - SotM 111 (13 votes [26.53%])

- Orithan - SotM 120 (2 votes [4.08%])
- PrinceMSC - SotM 110 (24 votes [48.98%])
- Robin - SotM 116 (10 votes [20.41%])

And the winner is...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PrinceMSC, NewJourneysFire, Orithan, Robin, Screenshot of the Year 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users