Photo

Screenshot of the Month 121

Demonlink Jared Sheik

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Month 121 (38 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:35 PM

Alright, this is it, the final Screenshot of the Month of the old, four-week system, and the first Screenshot of the Month of the new, monthly system. These are the last four of 2014's top contenders, and winner gets to contend in Screenshot of the Year. Good luck to the contestants, and thanks again for another great year of Screenshot of the Month!

Demonlink - SotW 485

Demonlink.png

Presenting Edlen Highlands... Yep...

Jared - SotW 486

Jared.png

I haven't worked on a screen this hard in a long time. It's nice for a change. :)

Demonlink - SotW 487

Demonlink.png

"Dude, you need to chill out with those screens" - Shane Fazbear

Sheik - SotW 488

Sheik.png

Moblins in the Temple Woods! Madness!

#2 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:00 PM

I voted for Demonlink from SotW 487. I liked the design of the dungeon! :D

• Demonlink likes this

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:06 PM

Jared's is perfection.

• Jared likes this

#4 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:23 AM

This was such a really hard choice since all of these screens are really amazing. I will probably have to hand it to Jared, that is some exceptional screen design and I just love every detail put in. Everyone else comes in very close second as they all have really amazing screens too.

#5 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

This is how SotM should be.  Four fine screens that deserve to make it this far.  But for me, the favorite for the next step, and thus the answer, is Sheik.  All I can say is that it most wins on overall appeal.

#6 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:41 PM

Wow, any one of these could easily vie for SotY.

Nitpicky comments
Demonlink, first screen, it's amazing, the details the palette everything. It's fault is that there isn't anything happening to pique my interest, that's barely a critique since it's just a random screen from a quest where every screen is of this high quality.

Jared, ultimately I think this might get my vote. The details are amazing, so natural looking. There were some comments about the path, but that's the best part for me. My only gripe are the trees, the perspective looks a bit off, and the leaves look too hires for the rest of the screen which has a defined sharpness to it.

Demonlink 2, I'd love to see more screens from this dungeon, the theme looks really awesome, and a gameplay screen would really sell me. The square ice patch is the only fault I have with the screen. The rest of the screen makes sense, but I can't figure out why there would be a patch like that either naturally or unnaturally. Maybe a couple of smaller irregularly shaped ice patches would make more sense? If this is a mine, some evidence of that would be a cool detail as well.

Sheik, this is another favourite among favourites. My gripe is a bit nebulous, in that I feel the ground details aren't up to your usual standard. I really enjoy how you cluster grass details such that repeated tiles in the cluster even adjacent somehow take on a unique look. This screen doesn't have that. So basically I love this screen, but it isn't your best.

I might just null, because all that was incredibly pedantic.
  • Demonlink likes this

#7 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:43 PM

Demonlink 487 wins my vote. Paris Hilton! (inside joke)

Edited by Dawnlight, 05 January 2015 - 12:44 PM.

• Demonlink likes this

#8 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:30 AM

I found that Demonlink's submission from 487 was my most favorite.

It was a very hard decision though, every shot in this SotM is very, very, VERY good! The reason I voted for the icy dungeon screen is because it's most interesting, with great balance between color, perfect design, high quality graphics and most inviting to play this quest.

Release it already Demonlink... 

• Avaro, Jared and Demonlink like this

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:18 PM

Demonlink! Come on down, you're moving on to Screenshot of the Year! "Which Demonlink shot, you idiot, there's two!" Oh, right, er, this one: 

Demonlink.png

It's pretty cool, very nice. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Fs6f-BzN0

Oh fine fine, all of you go away. And come right back for Screenshot of the Year! Ya know if you want.

Voting totals:

- Demonlink - SotW 485 (1 votes [3.12%])

-Jared - SotW 486 (8 votes [25.00%])
- Demonlink - SotW 487 (16 votes [50.00%])
- Sheik - SotW 488 (7 votes [21.88%])[

• Demonlink likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Demonlink, Jared, Sheik

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users