Level 3 Progress

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NaCl586

NaCl586

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:12 AM

Being drunk and sad while making this, well, here is the pic of rough completion of the F1 of the level.
This might have references from Isle of Rebirth's Starlight Temple.

Anyway I need a suggestion for a Touhou music which fits with this level, currently the music is Sky Ruin from Touhou 12 for this level. It seems doesn't really fit for this.

Posted Image
  • Shane and Eddy like this

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:21 AM

Looks pretty neat.

• NaCl586 likes this

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:24 AM

I'll admit, that looks pretty damn nice!

However, I spy an error on the far left, the walls near the doors seem to just end, connecting to nothing. Besides that though, really nice stuff.

• Shane and NaCl586 like this

#4 NaCl586

NaCl586

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:42 AM

Nobody knows touhou here -_-

However, I spy an error on the far left, the walls near the doors seem to just end, connecting to nothing. Besides that though, really nice stuff.

Derp, why I always missed that small things like that. Thanks for noticing that again, and for the second time noticing me :) I was sleepy when I made that (took me 6 hours to make that map :P). That's still the rough map actually, so it's still far from complete.

Edited by NaCl586, 21 December 2014 - 08:45 AM.

• Eddy likes this

#5 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:06 AM

Looks great, this is supposed to be a dungeon in the sky, right? The trees don't look very distant. I actually don't like the trees at all. It looks like you could walk on them. I'd suggest using different tiles for the background and making them lighter and more foggy so it looks more distant. (here's an example of something I once made, so you get an idea of what I mean)

I like the look of this quest though! I've looked through all the screenshots you have and I have to say you're really a master at this tileset :D

Good luck with this project.

Edited by Avataro, 21 December 2014 - 10:08 AM.

• NaCl586 likes this

#6 NaCl586

NaCl586

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:20 AM

I made a very slow progress today, I only able to complete the rough maps of the whole level 3 (all three floors). Tomorrow, I should have completed it. And after several times thinking, I will still be using Sky Ruin as this level's music. Still don't know what will be the boss music. Between Kogasa's theme or Ichrin's Theme.

Thanks for all your comments btw.

• Avaro likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users