Thinking of bringing people on board for the project

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:07 PM

Or rather I am looking to do so now. The big things that need to be done at this point are just to finish construction and make things playable, balance out the ammo upgrades if needed, then finish off the rooms and bosses, and make them look nice.

A WORD ON SCRIPTING: Because of the great lengths through which this quest has already gone through, most offers to add more scripting cannot be accepted. Basically, I cannot put the Speed Booster in because that would require the inclusion of speed booster puzzles throughout the quest, and set us back even further. (Don't look so down. The Screw Attack made it in some capacity, as did the Space Jump.) Basically, offers for new items would mean going back and redoing the whole quest to incorporate those items. There are a few things I can take, such as those which can change the behavior of the boomerang, but not a lot. PM me or comment or something if you think it may be of interest.

#2 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:29 AM

I really like the first nes metroid.

Are you considering using everything that pretty much was in GBA Zero mission yet 8-bit downgraded to fit the game experience for this one?

With your speaking of a speed booster here, - you are considering reconstruction of the entire GBA map too 8-bit ZC right? -Unless is all 'already done' if you do mean that.

Also was wondering if maybe you have some secret spaces or rooms top-down view over time - besides everything being 100% plat-former gravity, but combine the two somehow 50/50 for gameplay.

I really am interested in seeing your overworld or if is an sideview overworld at that,

if you are saying you are over-packed with scripters that is.

Map makers? What is it you need if you are already doing so wells?

What specifically do you need help with?  -I mean to get people talking here instead of everyone being in the dark only PM chatting about it.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 20 November 2014 - 01:45 AM.

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:49 PM

What exactly are you looking for in terms of mappers? Do you have source maps drawn up for the designers to copy, or would it be more or less beatification, and tweaking of the pre-existing world? 

And SkyLizardGirl, I think the entire game is side scrolling. He posted a map in another thread.

• coolgamer012345 likes this

#4 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:57 PM

I really like the first nes metroid.

Are you considering using everything that pretty much was in GBA Zero mission yet 8-bit downgraded to fit the game experience for this one?

With your speaking of a speed booster here, - you are considering reconstruction of the entire GBA map too 8-bit ZC right? -Unless is all 'already done' if you do mean that.

Also was wondering if maybe you have some secret spaces or rooms top-down view over time - besides everything being 100% plat-former gravity, but combine the two somehow 50/50 for gameplay.

I really am interested in seeing your overworld or if is an sideview overworld at that,

if you are saying you are over-packed with scripters that is.

Map makers? What is it you need if you are already doing so wells?

What specifically do you need help with?  -I mean to get people talking here instead of everyone being in the dark only PM chatting about it.

1: 8-bit? No, none of this is 8-bit at all. 
2: again, this is not 8-bit
3: top-down is very rarely used, and even then only in cutscenes.
4: The general game map draws mostly from the rom hack Super Zero Mission.
5: I'm not overpacked with scripters, the quest is just too far along to include new items because I'd have to start over in order to make them useful. 
6 and 7: Since the Pirate Mothership and Chozodia were only introduced in Zero Mission AND look and navigate drastically different between the GBA game and the rom hack of Super, I'm not overly confident in building them. However, I have developed a sizeable chunk of Chozodia recently, which is definitely a start. 

Anthus: A little of all three, really. Chozodia has some hope after all, but I'm uncertain of the Pirate Mothership. Keep in mind that in this quest, you go left to right instead of right to left, to get to Chozodia (Super Zero Mission nuance.) Also, quite a few of the rooms throughout the quest are still very "skeleton", meaning they use a single tile to create a basic shape. So there's the beautification, there. 

A major recurring theme in my design is the antepiece: designing to teach. Soon after obtaining a new power-up, you may realize that your path forwards (or backwards) lets you figure out what kinds of situations those powerups are good for. So, in Chozodia, It would be keen if Samus, after obtaining her fully powered suit, encountered obstacles like lava and previously unscalable vertical areas. Don't worry about the gravity suit's actual usefulness in water, as water (for this quest) will be purely cosmetic anyways. 

#5 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:34 PM

For right now, all I want to do is finish building the last remaining map which has nothing on it: Pirate Mothership. After that, we can focus on polishing everything else. 

Basically, there will only be one person at a time with a quest file, and therefore there'll also be deadlines. This is simply because even if something doesn't get done, we need to keep going, and if multiple people try working at once, there's multiple files with different things on them. Bleh. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users