• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:32 PM

Actually, I was pretty much well aware of that. :D

Anyways, I thought I'd make a quick update as to not leave people in the dark on the status of this quest.

The last time I updated any relevant information on this quest project was when I announced during the summer I would be taking an extended break.

Unfortunately, I still haven't been working on this quest much since. Notice that I said much, because I have been working on it enough for people to rest easy on the fact that I have not even once considered abandoning it.

The current status of this quest is still a struggling one, with that I add (which I may have added before) some major roadblocks that are caused by two completely different style clashes. I've started this quest with the same approach that I used on Souls of Wisdom, but I have since abandoned that approach and have taken on new ways to approach quest design, this has created a conflict within the quest that I am still trying to resolve. It is indeed a big roadblock.

To be honest, I just haven't felt the motivation.

But this doesn't bother me as I have experienced all these same problems with Souls of Wisdom 1, and I still managed to release that quest.

Right now I am still currently not involved with this quest, but I have given Demonlink the opportunity to take on some tasks that can make the progress of this quest run along a little smoother. This is a great thing as it insures the quest is still being managed while my attention is elsewhere.

I am planning on giving Demonlink all the time he needs too. This will not only make the task easier to him as I am pretty much implying that I am not putting on any pressure, I can also use this time to get many other responsibilities out of the way so I can again return to this quest in the future with my fullest attention.

With that said, I am glad to be getting his help.
  • Neppy, Eddy and Demonlink like this

#2 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:39 PM

thats great news that demonlink is giving you a hand and waiting for an update when progress is made by him and hopefully u get ur motivation back soon.

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:49 PM

Great to hear an update on this project. And congrats on having Demonlink help you out on this quest, and I hope your motivation returns in the near future :D

#4 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

Well, as I mentioned to you back then I'm sure to work on this quest while you're busy! :D Now that I finished my demo for the Fall Expo (betatesting is going underway), I'll take some time to actually work on this and Solaris at the same time! 

About the motivation thingie, I'm sure it will come back to you sooner or later, because from Quest Developer to Quest Developer, I can understand those feelings, so, um, yeah, it's all on time I guess. Still, I'll try to keep progress going on these days, so expect to hear from me! :D

• WindRobe likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users