Down, But Not Out...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:59 AM

This is going to be a very short update, since it's later at night than I expected and if I get in trouble, I'm not going to be able to show up for a while...

My laptop is a wreck right now. Windows doesn't start, and I consistently get the Blue Screen of Death. Nothing short of a full factory default reset is going to fix it. On the bright side, if I boot from a flash drive with a version of Linux installed to it, I should be able to extract my important files from the computer before doing so.

I'm going to be going to college again soon, and my FAFSA money should arrive in a few days. I was already planning on using some of it for a desktop computer that I can use for college work, hopefully one that can handle 3D modeling, so that I won't have to waste money re-upgrading again later on down the road when I start getting into more technologically advanced stuff. (I plan on getting a degree to make video games.) I'm planning on putting off extracting the files until I get the new computer, because that way I can always dip back into the laptop with that flash drive in case I forget something. If I do it now, I have one chance to get absolutely everything before resetting the computer completely. Once that happens, everything else is gone for good.

Hopefully, this won't be too much of a delay, and I can get progress up and running once again in time for the Expo.

(Wow... So much for a short update. Well, compared to my usual wall-of-text posts, it's short, but just looking at it looks a bit long. :) )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users