• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

So, since Revenge 2.50 is out, decided to make this thread critique mine and FireSeraphim's working of this, basically asking if you have any problems with the tileset or something.

EDIT: I said I'd link it. http://www.purezc.ne...=tilesets&id=85

Edited by Goriya, 10 October 2013 - 12:39 AM.

• alek likes this

#2 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

i though this was a different titleset i was waiting for but D:
ill check it out for sure :3

EDIT: buG5Xfb.png
Something quick I made.

I fine the tileset is kinda limited (TO ME AT LEAST, because I am use to other tilesets with many tiles n such)
Other then that, its pretty simple to use, not bad!

PS: I made 1 custom tile for the waterfall.

Edited by LTTP, 10 October 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#3 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

With this tileset you shouldn't try to use as many different tiles as possible, you gotta keep it simple ;D

Great tileset! I'm sure great quests will come out of this!

Edited by Avataro, 10 October 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#4 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

With this tileset you shouldn't try to use as many different tiles as possible, you gotta keep it simple ;D

Great tileset! I'm sure great quests will come out of this!

Ya i know :P im just so use to DoR XD

#5 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

So important thing: I forgot to set the Link Tile Modifiers for the shields...should be fixed when the staff approves this next update.

#6 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Eh... Link with pink hair and green sleeves?  How about this instead?

9h77y9.png

And here are some slashing tiles that were already done for two of those swords:

2s1vcqh.png

Some of the additions to the tileset are nice, although it feels like some things are too detailed at times, though maybe it's just taking some getting used to since I'm still used to the original Revenge 2 Tileset.  The uh, spring palette is also kind of blinding as hell. D:

#7 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

Some of the additions to the tileset are nice, although it feels like some things are too detailed at times, though maybe it's just taking some getting used to since I'm still used to the original Revenge 2 Tileset.  The uh, spring palette is also kind of blinding as hell. D:

ooya, also forgot to mention, not much tilesets to work with also, and the spring green tileset reminds me of twitch spring green (with out dark twitch)

#8 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:44 AM

The original Revenge tileset wasn't all that expansive, and I think it's good that Goriya's kept the spirit of that.  Honestly, you don't need half the tile pages filled to make a good looking quest, and with stuff like the DoR tileset, it gets exhausting trying to design just a couple screens sometimes.  If the set doesn't have nearly the amount of tiles you wish it had, either get the graphics yourself or find another tileset.  Some of us prefer our tilesets brief and to the point. :shrug:

• Haylee likes this

#9 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

The original Revenge tileset wasn't all that expansive, and I think it's good that Goriya's kept the spirit of that.  Honestly, you don't need half the tile pages filled to make a good looking quest, and with stuff like the DoR tileset, it gets exhausting trying to design just a couple screens sometimes.  If the set doesn't have nearly the amount of tiles you wish it had, either get the graphics yourself or find another tileset.  Some of us prefer our tilesets brief and to the point. :shrug:

thats why I i said "at least to me" i didn't let that affect my vote tho.

#10 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

Let's see here...

For the Link sprites, the green sleeves and pinkish hair were how they were in Revenge 2 originally. Hmm, I guess I could make two different sprite sheets for Link, so the quest maker has a choice on which version of Link to use, what do you think about that?

I'll probably debate about changing the slash sprites to the BS ones, though I can't particularly promise that will be changed.

The detailing wasn't done by me, that was done by the other creator(FireSeraphim), I'll ask him why he did that next time he comes a online. I suppose I can also ask FireSeraphim to make the Spring Palette a little less hurting on the eyes.(Since he made it himself.)

Thanks for the Critique. ^_^

#11 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

That's fair, on the Link tiles.  Although, a lot of your Link tiles have inconsistencies between the different shields, also, regarding hair and outlines.

• Haylee likes this

#12 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

That's fair, on the Link tiles.  Although, a lot of your Link tiles have inconsistencies between the different shields, also, regarding hair and outlines.

I noticed that earlier, that's is certainly going in the "To fix" list.

#13 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

After designing a couple screens with this, I have to say that I really like this.  It's small enough that it isn't a chore just to find what I'm looking for, but has all the resources I really need (A problem I had with the original tileset).  You've managed to capture the nostalgia of the original Revenge 2 set while still adding brand new things to it that give it its own flavor.  Nice work. :)

• Haylee likes this

#14 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

After designing a couple screens with this, I have to say that I really like this.  It's small enough that it isn't a chore just to find what I'm looking for, but has all the resources I really need (A problem I had with the original tileset).  You've managed to capture the nostalgia of the original Revenge 2 set while still adding brand new things to it that give it its own flavor.  Nice work. :)

Thank you. ^_^ Though I can't the credit for that, since FireSeraphim was the one who added those new tiles and reorganized them.(In like two nights, I can't keep up with this guy. XD) Really all I did was add a few things here in there.(As well as start the project and test if certain things looked nice.)

#15 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

Tileset updated. when it gets accepted, here's the changes.

Edit 10/16/13(All changes by FireSeraphim, with the exception of Goriya fixing Link's tiles.):
-Added Missing Combos
-Added Five new dungeon tilepacks.
-Readded missing z3 House doors.
-Fixed Several pre-existing tiles.
-Fixed some sprite errors with the Zora
-Fixed the sprite errors with the quarter hearts.
-Fixed the Global Subscreen
-Fixed the Slash Tiles for all the swords
-Added 6 new overworld palettes.
-Spring Palette fixed.
-Overworld CSet 9 changed to make some sprites work better.

Note:Because of some combo rearranging, the example dungeon screens have been deleted from the .qst file.

Another note: This may seem like a lot of changes, but it should still be accessible to both newbies and people who are great with ZQuest.

Edited by Goriya, 16 October 2013 - 01:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users