Reversing a MIDI

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:35 PM

Is there a way to reverse the notes on a MIDI so that a song plays backwards? I don't recall seeing any options in Anvil Studio that let you do so...

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:08 PM

Well, whoever can figure it out, all the more power to ya. It's pretty darn interesting. That there is a reversed (I hope so!) copy of the Ocarina of Time Lost Woods theme. I have no idea where I found it. Been with me over a decade now.

#3 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:10 PM

Someone's also reversed the Gerudo Desert Theme from Ocarina... and I think it sounds pretty nifty-swifty! So, there's gotta be a way... at least with MP3s, there's a way. Midis, I dunno, except for manually rearranging the notes. (you could probably Copy/Paste for a few hours and get an alright result. ^^' lol )

Edited by AgentLym, 01 February 2010 - 02:10 PM.

#4 xolroc

xolroc

• Members

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:43 PM

I haven't been able to find a free one, but Midimirror is a good choice. It can even "vertically invert" a song, making low notes high and high notes low, leading to interesting music.

#5 Silver

Silver

• Members

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:23 PM

Hm...it seems MIDI Mirror has a free trial...I'll give that a shot, but as a temporary solution. I was trying to reverse the original theme for the 2-Week Contest...hehe.

ST, that MIDI was very...interesting, at the least. Thanks!

#6 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:28 PM

Wait a minute... *opens AnvilStudio*

You actually can reverse music in Anvil Studio! (I've updated it a little while ago, so if you haven't, the reverse option might not be there, but it probably is)
You just select the entire song (Edit->Select All), then Right Click the selection (or press Edit) and go to Reverse Selection or Invert Selection. Then, just hit ok (unless you did Invert, in which case you might want to check the 'diatonic' box before you hit ok).

I feel accomplished! I downloaded MusicMirror, but it doesn't let you save anything unless you buy it. icon_razz.gif Anvil Studio wins again!

Hope that helps!

Edited by AgentLym, 01 February 2010 - 11:29 PM.

#7 Silver

Silver

• Members

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:47 PM

WTF

Oh sheet, it works nicely, and I like the end results. Thanks a million!

#8 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:52 PM

Yep! Just remember to reverse all the tracks, since Selecting All only selects the notes from the track you're currently using. And, no prob! ^^

Edited by AgentLym, 01 February 2010 - 11:52 PM.

#9 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE(AgentLym @ Feb 2 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post
Wait a minute... *opens AnvilStudio*

You actually can reverse music in Anvil Studio! (I've updated it a little while ago, so if you haven't, the reverse option might not be there, but it probably is)
You just select the entire song (Edit->Select All), then Right Click the selection (or press Edit) and go to Reverse Selection or Invert Selection. Then, just hit ok (unless you did Invert, in which case you might want to check the 'diatonic' box before you hit ok).

I feel accomplished! I downloaded MusicMirror, but it doesn't let you save anything unless you buy it. icon_razz.gif Anvil Studio wins again!

Hope that helps!
Thanks! I was actually just about to buy MusicMirror, but Anvil Studio has the exact same effect, so I'm happy. I've had the trial version of MusicMirror for quite a while... I would have suggested it earlier, but it's not free, and I didn't think anyone would want to use it, seeing as you can't save.

Oh well, Anvil wins again icon_razz.gif

EDIT:

Oh, and we have Woods Lost! If you wanna use this, feel free icon_razz.gif I'm lucky enough to have people making music for me, so I don't need it :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users