A Link to the Shadows

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#1 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:35 PM

Okay, I'm playing A Link to the Shadows and I can't get any further. I finished up to lvl 7. So, instead of going into lvl 7 I tried to adventure. Unfortunately, when I visited lvl 8 I'm stuck; I can't get back out. When I tried F6, I hit save by accident and now when I restart I'm back in lvl 8, Link walks up (north) and enter the room above it which is the way to the Boss. Since I don't have the boss key and I can't finish the level. How can I move the ice block in the upper room (to the left) to go down those stairs which will hopefully lead me out of lvl 8? icon_frown.gif icon_freak.gif

Edited by sctmorgan, 29 July 2009 - 05:37 PM.

#2 Crackers

Crackers

Senior

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

Where is lv4? I have the wooden sword, boomer, blue candle, bow and arrow and flippers. Have been all over the water but can't seem to find it.

#3 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:21 PM

Crackers level 4 is to the east then south. It's surrounded by water.
I hope you didn't make the same mistake as me stcmorgan because you'll probably have to restart your game. I made the mistake of taking the warp that's north of level 4. It put me in another world where levels 5 ,6 and 7 are but in the process I missed out on several items.The worst thing was that I had to finish both level 5 and 6 before being able to go back to the first overworld. It was too hard so I ended up restarting. So to anyone who reads this topic.....Don't take the warp that's north of level 4 until you've explored all of the first overworld.

#4 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:23 PM

I just checked to make sure that my spawn points were set properly, and I didn't notice any issue. When trying to get the first key early I did spawn in the wall, but it was a small walk-right-out issue.

Are you sure you're playing the quest in the proper version of ZC? I can't seem to replicate this bug... nor do I exactly know where it occurs, but I believe I have a good idea. Still, a screenshot would better help me troubleshoot the issue.

Edit: whoa, replies cropped up while I was verifying things

ms_zelda_lady: From what I could tell, sctmorgan had already beaten levels 5 and 6. What exactly did you miss out on, anyway...? I never found it too difficult to just jump straight into the Dark World after L4, myself...

Edited by skateboarder11, 29 July 2009 - 06:32 PM.

#5 Crackers

Crackers

Senior

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:25 PM

I still need the 2nd sword. I paid for the hint about it being by a lake but there are a lot water areas.

Thanks ms_zelda_lady

#6 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

Sctmorgan, in level 5 did you find the way to the warp that's surrounded by blocks? I've been trying to figure it out for 2 days and I just can't.

#7 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

Crackers: Search one screen south of Level 3. Burn the bush on the left side of the screen and claim that sword!

#8 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE(ms_zelda_lady @ Jul 29 2009, 07:26 PM) View Post

Sctmorgan, in level 5 did you find the way to the warp that's surrounded by blocks? I've been trying to figure it out for 2 days and I just can't.

Take note of the flame on the wall - this secret is accessible after Level 6.

Perhaps I shouldn't have hidden the swords... ah well.

#9 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:13 PM

Thanks skateboarder11 I've already finished level 6 so tomorrow I'll be going back to level 5 to solve that puzzle once and for all.... icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by ms_zelda_lady, 29 July 2009 - 08:15 PM.

#10 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

Managed to find both the Super Bomb shop and Magic Sword. In Level 7 now...but I can't figure out where I missed a key, and/or what to do with the Power Bracelet I just got.

And how do I reach the Red Ring? Saw it from the other side of a cave, but I can't find any stairs on the surface near there.

Edited by Zenith, 30 July 2009 - 12:01 PM.

#11 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:49 PM

There are different-looking blocks than the ones you've seen in the first six levels thus far - those are pushable only with the bracelet, so my guess is you neglected to check them.

As for the Red Ring, caves can be opened by bombing in this quest - try snooping around, and be aware that some hints are rather discreet... I'll say it's in the south part, though.

Edited by skateboarder11, 29 July 2009 - 09:50 PM.

#12 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:07 AM

Make sure you check for suspicious diving spots, especially in the swamp area.

#13 JPappi

JPappi

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:48 AM

Just beat Level 7, but i'm missing 9 rooms. Never ever i can't figure it out how i can reach them.

Can somebody help?

IPB Image

Edited by JPappi, 30 July 2009 - 08:10 AM.

#14 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:34 AM

For the 4 rooms in the upper part, those are secret and optional. Yuou may want to search for a bombable or walkthrough wall

The other rooms: You skipped the Magic Boots. Go back to the first room where you see spikes block a door and try to find a different way.

#15 schoochie662

schoochie662

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:50 AM

I died in the second part of level 9 and am stuck in a wall here (and trying it again, a wallmaster put me in the same place):

IPB Image

Edited by schoochie662, 30 July 2009 - 11:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users