General and Zelda Classic forum categories switched

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:16 PM

The idea proposed about switching the order of the General and Zelda Classic categories on the main forum page has now taken place. While most of you probably don't care (which is good), for those who might have an issue with it, it will just be a matter of getting used to. Give it a week or more and it will grow on you. Now the categories are in order from most about the site to least (except for Archives, since that is view only, so will continue to be last).

#2 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:22 PM

I actually think this is a good idea, and even though the change was made only a few minutes ago, I am already used to it.

#3 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:23 PM

Caught me off guard for 2 seconds... but I think this is a better change. I'll probably be more focused on seeing what ZC stuff there is first, I guess.

#4 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:29 PM

I don't think it was a necessary thing, but perhaps it will coax newcomers into using more ZC.

#5 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:45 PM

Great! I was starting to use the ZC Forums more than the discussion ones, anyway, so it's pretty convienient.

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:44 PM

Wow, for a minute I though somebody moved the SotW contest to General Discussion. But, I guess I can get used to this.

#7 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:19 AM

Whoa, one of my ideas went through. I'm optimistic about the switch because I think it will remind people of the site's focus subconsciously--much better than a dramatic, forceful change. Thank you for letting this happen.

Now, to be able to search submissions by number of ratings...

#8 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:54 AM

I don't have a problem with it, but.
It doesn't really affect the focus of ZC.

People are drawn to PZC due to it being a ZC resource. If they go to the forums, it's almost expected there to be an area about ZC. The order in which it's in doesn't really make a bit of difference.

#9 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:07 AM

Well, It's sort of confusing. I don't get why anybody would care too much about this except for the week or so it'll take to get used to it. Neutral.

#10 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:12 AM

It's a little difficult to get used to something when it's been something you've been used to for nearly five and a half years, and it won't magically fix all the problems with drama that PureZC has (in fact, it won't fix anything, so it baffles me that the change was even made), but I suppose I can live.

#11 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:23 AM

Finally a change with clean profit!

At first, I didn't even realize it. It's so good, because now I will read the ZC forums first and care more for them. I guess everybody loves this change who likes ZC at least a little bit.

icon_biggrin.gif

#12 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:58 AM

Woah!

Well that sure suprised me =P

Not that it's a bad thing, and if it pushes the focus of the site more towards ZC then that's great.
Just confused me for a few seconds =P

#13 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:09 AM

To tell you the truth, I wish there was a way for specific members to choose which way they want. But that probably isn't possible, because I personally prefer it the old way. Maybe because I am an Oldbie.

#14 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:32 AM

Actually, I think it will change it up at least a little bit, now when someone comes on, they won't see "man, beaten to death by a possessed lawn mower, select evil spirits, and Casper will be on trial the 35th", rather, they'll see "screenshot of the week 211, throw candy at Nuvo". without the last part, it'll just draw THAT much more attention to the ZC topics, rather than the General Topics, which hopefully don't have as stupid names as that, even though I'd probably laugh.

EDIT: OH CRAP, 911 posts. /me waits for any incoming planes, and mounts the anti air/anti matter missiles.

#15 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:50 AM

I click "View New Posts" almost exclusively anyway, so I don't really care for myself, but this is good for newbies- it encourages them to click ZC first, General second.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users