What did you accomplish in ZC today?

• Please log in to reply
4950 replies to this topic

#3871 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:28 PM

I don't think the lava bubbles work so great as a border. It looks less sideview now, but the lava looks like a bubbling mass of stuff instead of being a level below in elevation. What I had in mind was a simpler fix like this:

6oNGmA6.png

I like your fix, but I also like having full borders with perspective in spite of me wanting to keep things simple. The edge borders need redrawn from the ground up, to be narrower, and the bottom bubbles should be slightly more visible imo. All I did was rotate the bubbles, and edit them very slightly. To me though, these tiles shine in motion. I seriously think it might be the best animation I've done in a long time, if not ever. :P There's a subtle glow effect on the original bubbles, and it just looks so cool. /suckingmyowndick.

#3872 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:00 PM

Well, after giving up on Adam's Quest Redux, I started to work on something different. I'm going to make a quest HOW I WANT TO. This quest will be code-named the "Revival" project. Will the overworld be bland and flat looking? Yes. But I don't care. I have a few things planned for this one, namely a small system with swords and wands. See, none of the swords in this quest will have beams. The Wand is going to be your main ranged attack and sword beam replacement. It's going to be tough to make it work (especially being in competition with arrows for finite ranged damage), but I think I can do it. I also finally got over myself and began using 2.50.2 after getting sick of all the crashing with 2.50. On top of that, all of the dungeons in this project are going to be freeform. Gone are the boring 12x7 NES dungeon rooms. It's time I get with the program.

Basically, each wand will be equal in power to its similar level sword. The advantage is being ranged, where the sword is risky and requires you to get close. Do you zap your enemies from the safety of across the screen? Or do you go up close and personal, increasing the risk of injury, but conserve your magic? I am attempting to balance magic out such that the wand will be a main secondary weapon without either becoming too easy to abuse or so limited you rarely use it.

• Anthus, Eddy, Naru and 1 other like this

#3873 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:46 AM

Well, after giving up on Adam's Quest Redux,

RIP good quest. (I'd still love to see this continued, I could even finish it for you if you like :P)

Either way, looking forward to seeing how this quest comes along, and yeah it's a great idea to make a quest how you want. No need to follow dumb trends or anything, since that just wouldn't make it very unique anymore. But yeah, good luck with this project!

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#3874 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:49 AM

And level 1 in Project Revival is complete. Now to add a lot of overworld areas to make exploring more of a thing. Limiting the player to 15 screens probably isn't the best idea for the start of the quest. Also, I feel like my subscreen is very empty for being post level 1. All it has is:

Spoiler

• Eddy and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#3875 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:45 AM

Uppdated gfx

A1.pngzelda012.png

And stuff from Lttp

A11.png

Edited by judasrising, 15 October 2016 - 10:47 AM.

• Jared and Matthew like this

#3876 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:07 AM

Very slow progress, but I still find time to work on "Mike's Fun House" every week. Pretty much the map is done for level 8; I just gotta throw in the enemies, set my warps, set up some scripts in the database.

World 3's makeover is also complete with some added goodies. Nobody would notice anyways as you can't access World 3 in the demo. 

Have plans on putting in some more content in World 2. 

So much to do, but I still have every intention to complete this quest. 

• Eddy and KingPridenia like this

#3877 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

Behold the might of legend!

• Members

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:49 PM

I been working on getting the caves and house tiles for the Phoenix Tileset set up but I will confess that I would like to take a break from working on the tileset but I don't necessarily want progress on it to flat out halt, so I'm wondering if there's anyone else who might be interested in picking up the slack and getting the dungeon tiles comboed up while I take a reprieve.

#3878 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:44 AM

Scripted a custom, mouse-driven subscreen for my Metroid 3 (ZC Edition) project.

Still haven't quite decided whether I'm going to make everything where it can be toggled on or off, though.

• Anthus likes this

#3879 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:52 AM

Playing Anthus 1st.Koten Quest. I really wonder if this has much to do with the original since I have a hard time to imagine that the quest has gotten so much easier for me only because I like the tileset a lot more.
  • Anthus likes this

#3880 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:42 AM

I5wRzpI.png

Been working on something else also. I had this floating in my head since February.

• Anthus, Eddy, Joelmacool and 1 other like this

#3881 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:14 PM

After 1-2 months of total inactivity, i work a bit on a quest i never show to anybody, is really a simple quest so  i add the possibility to select 3 heroes, a boy, a girl and a strange creature..if it will turn nice i will post something

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 19 October 2016 - 04:15 PM.

#3882 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:47 PM

Finished creating diagonal firing sprites for Samus.

Crouching tiles are on the left and standing ones are on the right.

Normal-

PgJs6ak.png

Gravity Suit-

zriU0XT.png

Also, started work on 8-bit Golden Torizo sprites.

Here's what I've done so far.

rC54NmF.png

Now I just have to replicate that for all his frames of animation, in both directions! At least I know that using 8-bit will let me do this the way I want.

• judasrising likes this

#3883 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:31 PM

More rocks!

rocks1.png

#3884 isolated726

isolated726

Initiate

• Members

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:54 PM

Incoming Transmission:

Subject: The Great Challenge/Zelda 1 EX progress.

Encryption: Not required

Signal Source: Zquest/ZC user isolated726 from location [REDACTED]
Begin Message, Message type: Plain Text

Plans to create a quest similar to that of the original Legend of Zelda have been acted upon.  Dungeon item locations and progression have been assigned.  Message Strings have been created, String table NOT finalized at the current stage.  Start location has been created with other areas mapped out, dungeons assigned to locations but not screens.

End Transmission:

• Anthus likes this

#3885 cavthena

cavthena

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:11 PM

Started working on Death Mt. progress is slow but it's looking awesome! Starting to get good with these mountain tiles... although shadows can just go die...

LJlzeSa.png

Edited by cavthena, 25 October 2016 - 10:16 PM.

• Anthus, Eddy, Joelmacool and 1 other like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users