Armageddon Quest VS MMDWR DC and Tortuga

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:50 AM

Ouch! said they (MMDWR DC, Tortuga) are silly and worthless in Japanese forum. And he thinks his Armageddon Quest is much better than them. But many players praise them (MMDWR DC, Tortuga). What do you think it ?

His favorite quests ? Hmm.., unofficial third quest and DoY.
I couldn't confirm he praised any quest except for them.

Edited by Nameless, 03 June 2005 - 10:22 AM.

#2 elise

elise

RIP Elise, 7/20/2011 - 49 Years Young.

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:28 PM

That means he only likes his own quest that almost nobody played because it's to hard icon_razz.gif

You can't compaire these quests with eachother
It's a megaman quest / a more brain needed then fighting skill quest / and a just fighting quest
Everybody has his own favourites and it's good that there are different quests icon_thumbsup.gif

Edited by elise, 03 June 2005 - 03:20 PM.

#3 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:04 PM

Thats a tough call hmm... Armageddon Quest was very unique (if most players could see as far as I did...), and so is MMDWR DC. I would have to go with the Megaman game because it is a lot more playable, and very expansive.

#4 venom343

venom343

Senior

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(Nameless @ Jun 3 2005, 05:50 AM)
Ouch! said they (MMDWR DC, Tortuga) are silly and worthless in Japanese forum. And he thinks his Armageddon Quest is much better than them.

well thats not very nice. icon_confused.gif a lot of people didnt liked his quest. i for one have just played it and its no were as good as Petoe's quest. he probably thought no one would see it on a japenese sight or were ever he said this but they did so maybe he should think before he go's and says stuff like this.

Edited by venom343, 03 June 2005 - 03:09 PM.

#5 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 02:03 PM

Qoute: Ouch! said they (MMDWR DC, Tortuga) are silly and worthless in Japanese.

Yea right...He is quest is worthless compare to MMDWR. Petoe did so much work on this quest, it is great. Unlike his quest, he made it in probaly in 3 days. Just make plains screens, and add a whole bunch of enimes that he didn't even know which were. He is just mad cause everyone liked MMDWR and they didn't like his quest as much. MMDWR has so many expert tricks that his quest doesn't have. Multi-Warp, Custom Bosses, etc. His quest is a newbie type of quest, you can't compare that to expert works.

Edited by DragonBoy, 03 June 2005 - 02:03 PM.

#6 venom343

venom343

Senior

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 03:12 PM

could you link us to this sight. i would really love to see this for my self

#7 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 03:59 PM

The only games I hate are my old ones that I made before I actually learned how to use ZC.

I liked Armageddon's Quest. It was more fun than hard, because I actually had to stay on my toes to beat it. I'm good at avoiding danger, so that's why.

MMDWR DC is also a good challenge. One of the few games where I actually got killed in. It's also long and has a brilliant storyline. I also liked how he made most of the bosses using fires and fires that shoot fire at you. Now that was pimp, and also revealed how to make a base for custom bosses for my own games.

Tortuga, I never had the chance to play as of late...but with the summer here and about, I might as well head over the ZC.com and pick it up sometime soon.

So in my opinion on this question...I'm just going to go along with Tortuga with everyone here, and say that all three of them are good.

#8 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:20 PM

Hmm... I hate quest that are sooooo had you can't take two steps with out dieing...

A Link to Tutorga is really really good! I have downloaded and played through the first dungeon, but I stopped... But, what is "DoY"? MMDWR: DC is pretty cool too. I haven't played Armegeddon Quest, so I can't judge it, but I've heard that it is really hard...

#9 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:49 PM

Armageddon quest didn't look worth playing, and I heard it was beyond difficult. I only play quests that I think will be worth my time; that's just how I am. icon_shrug.gif DoY and MMDWR? Definitely good ones.

#10 FireStorm

FireStorm

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:54 PM

I agree with elise; it is hard to compare games of differing genres. But if I must choose one, I would have to go with Tortuga. DWR is almost too obscure in that it's hard to know where to go next; I am not as prepared to speak on Armageddon because I have not played it a great deal.

#11 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:10 PM

Thats true, tey are different Genres. That is like trynig to compare Metroid Prime with Sonic Heroes...

But, what is "DoY"?

#12 OMEG

OMEG

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:13 PM

Armageddon is very well designed, but not overly hard on the contrary of what's said about it. Nothing was hard to the point of "holy friggin' crazy-ass momma" hard. Like Hunter said, it's good at keeping you on your toes. Ouch! definitely knew what he was doing enemy and puzzle-wise (like with the bubbles)- the design was masterful regardless of his tiling.

Link to Tortuga.. well, I beat Level 1 and it kinda got old for me. Still awesome, though.

I'll have to go with MMDWR as the best out of all three, although I'm a sucker for anything related to Megaman in the first place. :P It got off to a slow start and it was a bit too open ended at times, but on a whole it was a great experience.

Tobias; DoY is Dreams of Yesterday. (link) It's my personal favorite ZC game :P

Edited by OMEG, 03 June 2005 - 08:14 PM.

#13 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:52 PM

DoY is surely one of great quests, but I can't beat it without 152. And DoY- Revised is incomplete now... icon_cry.gif

And He thinks Armageddon quest is a ultimate Zelda1 type quest . Do you think it ? icon_sweat.gif

Edited by Nameless, 05 June 2005 - 10:50 AM.

#14 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:52 PM

I doubt it, Nameless. The standard is custo mbosses, combo cycling, great graphics, and other insane ZC tricks. MMDWR, DoY, and SD are good examples of this.
Well... not everyone is expected to make quests as great as those, though.

#15 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:11 PM

Quote:Do you think Armageddon quest becomes the new standard for the next generation ZC quests and official Zelda?

Hell no. Nintendo people are to smart to go for some old school style agian. Plus, they don't make games with mis-placed enimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users