Secret Password (for secrets ending)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:40 PM

Hi i do wants asking you a request for a particular quest (Mayath Island Remastered).

I want to adding a password that this one is required to access at the secret dungeon and the secret ending, etc. When the player finish a quest (exemple a remake of the Dark Treasure i'll make soon as my quest finish) the player can have the password the player must imput the correct password to access at the special story of the quest and then the secret ending too. 

If it's possible i do wants an exemple quest for this one. 

if it's a global script well i do wants if possible use those functions.
FIRST_LETTER [0] //Number of the letter to imput (0 to 26). 
and with the possibility to adding more _LETTER code as possible until the LAST_LETTER [0]

Edited by Cedric, 06 June 2017 - 02:43 PM.

#2 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

One thing you could do is use a screen state carryover to do this as well, like have a cutscene after you beat the game it it shows that this one building is now open.

#3 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:13 PM

yes i know this one but i want the script to imput the password in my actually quest like when you give a name of banana but only correct password will active a secret flag.

Edited by Cedric, 06 June 2017 - 06:14 PM.

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:11 PM

yes i know this one but i want the script to imput the password in my actually quest like when you give a name of banana but only correct password will active a secret flag.

If you want to wait six or more months for 2.54, then this will be absurdly easy. ZC main has keyboard reading, now, but who knows when we will have a stable release of that. Otherwise, you would need a text-selection script, that works similar to those horrible password selectors in NES titles.

That is not a simple thing to set up and configure, even if someone made it for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users